The XK-BAM map series

Could anyone work on an 8K version of the Central African Republic civil war?
2560px-War_in_Central_African_Republic.svg.png
1668108327792.png

Here ya go.

Tried to fix Greenland [coastline, fjords and lakes] and Antarctica [coastline and ice shelves] in 8K-BAM, @tungsterismapping helped the latter a lot

Attachments

• greenland.png
    greenland.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 380
  • antarctica.png
    antarctica.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 710
Is anyone able to replicate this map to 8K BAM?
Since this fantastic map has been posted in here, someone has asked it to be replicated on 8K-BAM, and @Altaic has done a revision of two coastlines, I think that the time has finally arrived for me to say some things:

1. Maps posted on Newgrounds, lol....?
2. It is incredible that (I think) I found this map again!, I stumbled upon this map months ago but I was absolutely stupid by not saving it, the person who uploaded it on both DeviantArt and Reddit has disappeared together with all traces, I am not sure if this person on Newgrounds is the same user I am talking about, because I remember that the missing map I am referring to showed the insurgencies in Baluchistan and much bigger Jihadi presence in the Maghreb, I know that this exaggerates the actual controlled territory, but still, just showcasing an active insurgency on the area is what I am looking for.
3. What are these dots in Brazil, Paraguay, and Bolivia?
4. This last one is too long so I need paragraphs below:

Since 2019, I have been doing a probably endless hobby of working on the ultimate 8K-BAM map, with the maximum number of updated administrative subdivisions and de-facto insurgent control as possible, however, the issue is that since I make maps for my own hobby rather than posting it in public, I follow a somewhat different mapping philosophy that the majority of people on this forum and DeviantArt have (at least only for 8K, I do not use radically different methods on WorldA and QBAM).

Specifically, I have for the past 3 years undertaken a total revamp of all coastlines of the map to be more "accurate", at least in theory, the real reason is that they must at least look aesthetically pleasant to me, since I have never been a fan of the coastlines in any map type ever featured in here or elsewhere, so for most that I will start to update "my" 8K to look similar to this one featured on Newgrounds, when/if I post it here (in a few years when it is finished), the coastlines, subdivisions, and general look of the map itself will be full of idiosyncrasies and even "rules" that I have developed over the years on how the map is supposed to look like, it will look absolutely nothing like any 8K map posted here, nor will it fit the "default" one posted on the first page.

Since I did not made 8K, but the map is so heavily edited it looks drastically different, I would want to know in the future about how crediting it would look like, for now there is no reason because I have not posted it.

I am too nervous to show an example of it in here for now, so sorry for that, and regardless, it is all very WIP and full of mistakes, and this will remain for quite a while, because map-making is therapy to me. the map has also not been touched for quite a while since 1. it is an extremely undertaking and time-consuming thing to do and I have been busy with other things, 2. I have started to make other smaller and simpler maps on WorldA to serve as examples for how the 8Ks of my timelines might look like eventually, and 4. I am in a constant, irrational worry that whenever I change something on the map I did something wrong with it, which impacts its progression, that is all that I can say for now, thank you everyone in here who finally came up with the only map projection, size, and detail that I have managed to like!

Hello, I have been working on a 16k-BAM (aka its 2x the 8k-BAM, so its easy to convert between the two), and I have decided to share my current progress. No promises that I'll get any specific things done, and I definitely won't be doing the whole world, this is mostly just a thing I've been doing to distract myself from TL stuff.

North America:
tyZHv2R.png

Europe:
r98PGFx.png

Hello, I have been working on a 16k-BAM (aka its 2x the 8k-BAM, so its easy to convert between the two), and I have decided to share my current progress. No promises that I'll get any specific things done, and I definitely won't be doing the whole world, this is mostly just a thing I've been doing to distract myself from TL stuff.

North America:
tyZHv2R.png

Europe:
r98PGFx.png
Impressive work.

Does anyone here happen to have a 2k-BAm map that shows all rivers? Also bathymetric map, if anyone made one.

On this topic of the administrative divisions of Russia, should its Autonomous Okrugs be colored darker or lighter? since they are de-jure subject to other Oblasts, they are not "territories" like the Alaska Territory where it has a darker shade, I think they should have the lightest color (protectorates of protectorates as some color schemes say)
On one map I made I used diagonal stripes and used the base color for Russia as well as one shade lighter, sort of like a condominium. Another solution could be using the lighter shade and then an outline with the base color, like a protectorate since even though they're internally autonomous, they still are subordinate to a krai.

Since this fantastic map has been posted in here, someone has asked it to be replicated on 8K-BAM, and @Altaic has done a revision of two coastlines, I think that the time has finally arrived for me to say some things:

1. Maps posted on Newgrounds, lol....?
2. It is incredible that (I think) I found this map again!, I stumbled upon this map months ago but I was absolutely stupid by not saving it, the person who uploaded it on both DeviantArt and Reddit has disappeared together with all traces, I am not sure if this person on Newgrounds is the same user I am talking about, because I remember that the missing map I am referring to showed the insurgencies in Baluchistan and much bigger Jihadi presence in the Maghreb, I know that this exaggerates the actual controlled territory, but still, just showcasing an active insurgency on the area is what I am looking for.
3. What are these dots in Brazil, Paraguay, and Bolivia?
4. This last one is too long so I need paragraphs below:

Since 2019, I have been doing a probably endless hobby of working on the ultimate 8K-BAM map, with the maximum number of updated administrative subdivisions and de-facto insurgent control as possible, however, the issue is that since I make maps for my own hobby rather than posting it in public, I follow a somewhat different mapping philosophy that the majority of people on this forum and DeviantArt have (at least only for 8K, I do not use radically different methods on WorldA and QBAM).

Specifically, I have for the past 3 years undertaken a total revamp of all coastlines of the map to be more "accurate", at least in theory, the real reason is that they must at least look aesthetically pleasant to me, since I have never been a fan of the coastlines in any map type ever featured in here or elsewhere, so for most that I will start to update "my" 8K to look similar to this one featured on Newgrounds, when/if I post it here (in a few years when it is finished), the coastlines, subdivisions, and general look of the map itself will be full of idiosyncrasies and even "rules" that I have developed over the years on how the map is supposed to look like, it will look absolutely nothing like any 8K map posted here, nor will it fit the "default" one posted on the first page.

Since I did not made 8K, but the map is so heavily edited it looks drastically different, I would want to know in the future about how crediting it would look like, for now there is no reason because I have not posted it.

I am too nervous to show an example of it in here for now, so sorry for that, and regardless, it is all very WIP and full of mistakes, and this will remain for quite a while, because map-making is therapy to me. the map has also not been touched for quite a while since 1. it is an extremely undertaking and time-consuming thing to do and I have been busy with other things, 2. I have started to make other smaller and simpler maps on WorldA to serve as examples for how the 8Ks of my timelines might look like eventually, and 4. I am in a constant, irrational worry that whenever I change something on the map I did something wrong with it, which impacts its progression, that is all that I can say for now, thank you everyone in here who finally came up with the only map projection, size, and detail that I have managed to like!
The map belongs to Yeast • Cartography.
1- I found this map in Newgrounds because the Deviantart version is CENSORED
3- These dots are the uncontacted tribes in Brazil and Bolivia. In Paraguay is the communist insurgence.

North America:
tyZHv2R.png

Europe:
r98PGFx.png
Personally, I'm quite interested in seeing more of this project.
Hell, i might even switch over from 8K to this if this is ever completed with lots of resources to use.

iv74j8jqih881.png

I FOUND ONE... credit goes to @Hypersauce and a few other unspecified Discord members.

Only problems are that the borders are "connected", but this should suffice for most maps.

Cheers!

Last edited: