The Union Forever: A TL

I just have some minor questions about the map

1. Paraguay seems too small
2. Thailand seems too big
3. How did Tuva get independent
4. Same for Oman
5. When did Botswana and Zimbabwe join South Africa

This is still one of my favorite TLs. Can't wait for more.

Oh and What's going on in Haiti these days? I can't see it having a dictator, sharing a land border with US

I just have some minor questions about the map

1. Paraguay seems too small
2. Thailand seems too big
3. How did Tuva get independent
4. Same for Oman
5. When did Botswana and Zimbabwe join South Africa

This is still one of my favorite TLs. Can't wait for more.

Oh and What's going on in Haiti these days? I can't see it having a dictator, sharing a land border with US

For me there even shouldn't be independence Tuva. Maybe it could be autonomous area on future. And perhaps Northern Namibia could join to South Africa on future. Anyway, what is situation with Liechtenstein. I think that it might be close ally of Germany, perhaps it might even join to Germany on future.

Tuvan independence is likely a legal grey area brought on by diplomacy. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Besides, Tuva is awesome and deserves even token independence.

Regarding South Africa, I hadn't noticed that Rhodesia seems to have been included :eek:. No wonder apartheid isn't being seriously considered, as British South Africans might now outnumber their Afrikaner counterparts given enough immigration from Europe (which given the different Great War, may well have occurred, as trends have implied from OTL).

Here is my revision to the map, with some slight modifications to color and a minor border correction between Mongolia, China, and Russia, as well as Tibet.

I'll try to post an alliance map soon. Who is in the League of American Republics?

1967 map_revision.png

Here is my revision to the map, with some slight modifications to color and a minor border correction between Mongolia, China, and Russia, as well as Tibet.

I'll try to post an alliance map soon. Who is in the League of American Republics?

Well done. I like it. Please try to keep the Alliance map as simple as possible. As of 1967 the current members of the League of American Republics are...

Argentine Republic
Democratic Republic of Paraguay
Haitian Republic
Oriental Republic of Uruguay
Republic of Chile
Republic of Costa Rica
Republic of Ecuador
Republic of El Salvador
Republic of Guatemala
Republic of Honduras
Republic of Nicaragua
United Mexican States
United States of America
United States of Colombia

A question, how is the war in Indonesia going for all parties involved?

The war in the Dutch East Indies has been dragging for over five years. Japan keeps funneling weapons and money to the rebels, while the Dutch, supported by their German allies, keep sending in more troops. The rebels have yet to be able to win any large scale engagements but public support for the war back in the Netherlands is beginning to fade.

Nice update, Mac! My thoughts;

-It seems race relations in South Africa are proceeding faster than expected; even with that Afrikaner violence you mentioned, at least it's not apartheid.

-I'd be very surprised if os constitucionalistas don't end up receiving some sort of outside aid if the violence keeps up much longer.

-Sounds like Peter Durkin has quite the backdrop in which to ply his trade (a multi-lateral world of many powers, not just two superpowers). Does he use things like laser watches and super-cars too? :p

-Aw man, the Germans got to space AND blew the first nuke too? Boo:p. And now it looks like there's the possibility of a race to build more bombs by many more states..."Thor Project", indeed. Although something tells me that MAD won't really end up happening ITTL.

Thanks FleetMac! I agree, I think the multi-polar world of the TL will give secret agents a more interesting setting to ply their trade. And yes, Peter Durkin has an array of gadgets.

I don't know much about heavy metal. PM me if you have any ideas.
I wouldn't be nearly as helpful as Life in Black would in this regard, but I'll see what I can do. I've got a crazy week coming up, so maybe this weekend.
The war in the Dutch East Indies has been dragging for over five years. Japan keeps funneling weapons and money to the rebels, while the Dutch, supported by their German allies, keep sending in more troops. The rebels have yet to be able to win any large scale engagements but public support for the war back in the Netherlands is beginning to fade.

Looks like the Dutch will have the Vietnam analogue instead of the French. Doesn't seem like the US has any reason to get involved, what with the lack of the polarized world of Communism vs. Capitalism.

Where exactly did Germany detonate their nuke?! I know it's a picture from Nagasaki, but the water (at least it looks like water) betrays the idea that it was detonated away from the coast, which is probably the worst place to do it. Or maybe they underestimated the effects of fallout and this will end up being an ecological disaster.

Good question. Where would the best place be for the Germans to test their weapons?

Good question. Where would the best place be for the Germans to test their weapons?

Hard to say with this particular colonial empire. I'm tempted to advise you to just have them test it haphazardly there in the Gabon/Cameroon region and learn from their mistake (maybe the horrors of the ecological/environmental/persistent effects strongly deter any nation from using them in war?)

Hard to say with this particular colonial empire. I'm tempted to advise you to just have them test it haphazardly there in the Gabon/Cameroon region and learn from their mistake (maybe the horrors of the ecological/environmental/persistent effects strongly deter any nation from using them in war?)

Perhaps the Germans end up killing some of the native population through radiation sickness because they just don't realize how dangerous the bomb is.