The Union Forever: A TL

I can't see the Conservatives, likely, giving up on Manchuria. They are the defenders of the motherland in their eyes after all...

I can't see the Conservatives, likely, giving up on Manchuria. They are the defenders of the motherland in their eyes after all...

They are indeed, but remember the Motherland Party is also rather Slavic nationalist. Not all may want to incorporate tens of millions of none Slavs.

Fair enough point on China; I'll give you that. Still, the entire world will continue to sit uneasy as China continues to expand its power with impunity, and with the strongest state that could oppose it neutered by those it has bordered.

I'll disagree on Persia, partly due to them not really being joined with any other bloc and the likely high population of Russians in Central Asia. The Conservatives are playing for as much power as possible by force of arms and by making the IEF a greater Russian state. If the demographic trends are similar to OTL, then Central Asia has the highest proportion of Russians out of any other region.

This especially applies to the northern border of Kazakhstan OTL; the majority of Russians lived in the north.

And, while Persia is a nuclear power, the IEF is a much larger one. Turkey isn't one of those, and has threatened IEF territorial integrity (if it wants to link up with Azerbaijan, then that will necessitate more IEF territory being shed).

With them supporting the rebellions in core IEF territories, the Persians and Turks have already created open hostilities. And what is left of the Orthodox Council will likely join the IEF against Turkey (they don't want the Turks ascendant and looking back towards their territory). The next target for Russia will be Central Asia and the Caucasus, as by not continuing actions against the rebellious states, they acknowledge them as legitimate.

Good points. I reckon that there are fewer ethic Russians in Central Asia than OTL due to the lack of Soviet population transfers. I agree that they would want their space ports back as well as any oil fields that are within reach.

Mac, after a long absence, I have an idea for a British weapons competition in 2002. It will replace the Batts-Enfield rifle as the main assault rifle of the Commonwealth of Nations (due to the geopolitical situation), and I have a few weapons to write up?

Can I start writing?

Mac, after a long absence, I have an idea for a British weapons competition in 2002. It will replace the Batts-Enfield rifle as the main assault rifle of the Commonwealth of Nations (due to the geopolitical situation), and I have a few weapons to write up?

Can I start writing?

Please proceed sir

Good points. I reckon that there are fewer ethic Russians in Central Asia than OTL due to the lack of Soviet population transfers. I agree that they would want their space ports back as well as any oil fields that are within reach.

True; the population transfers were significant. Although, with how much healthier this Russia is, I imagine that there still is a significant population located there. That's what I'm basing my logic on.

They'll definitely want both the ports and as much of the resources back again. 'swy Baku will probably be under assault soon.

They are indeed, but remember the Motherland Party is also rather Slavic nationalist. Not all may want to incorporate tens of millions of none Slavs.
Perhaps they are none Slavs, but they were supporters of the Conservatives. The Conservatives would not, likely speaking, give up a Conservative-backing area like Manchuria to a rival state...it just doesn't align with their thinking.

Replacement of the Batts-Enfield Assault Rifle
ComNat Defence Armaments Specification & Request No. 922/126/2002
March 27 - November 21, 2002

By early 2002, the Batts-Enfield Assault Rifle is reaching the end of its illustrious, long and sanctuaried career as the main assault rifle of the Royal Army of the United Kingdom, and the Commonwealth of Nations as a whole. Although it was very reliable against dirt, snow and all sorts of foreign contaminants and was very accurate and controllable, the design of the gun dated back to the early 1950's and was quickly falling behind new designs being developed in the AES, the United States, the LAR and the Technate of China. The Ministry of Defence then decided to do the inevitable and decided to call for a Defence Armaments Specification & Request and sent the request out to all of the ComNat nations, which was basically the starting point for the replacement of the Batts-Enfield.

The DASR called for an intermediate round assault rifle that could match the performance of the Batts-Enfield, with a maximum effective range of around 700 yards. The design had to match the same reliability factor of the Batts-Enfield, and survive dirt, sleet, snow and sand tests and still work in those conditions. The design also had to be easy to clean in the field and also easy to produce, but also high in quality and workmanship, due to the massive number of rifles that are to be replaced. In essence this was a tall order for any arms manufacturer to take up.

Eventually, 4 weapon designs had matched the specifications of the DASR and were sent to the Royal Small Arms Factory facility at Enfield Lock for evaluation and testing by June 2002.

OOC NOTE: The Specifcation name comes from a madeup file classification number style that I made up on the fly. In simple practice, 922 is the 922nd DASR issued by the ComNat (this includes DASRs issued before the Bremuda Conference), 126 is the month and date (Janaury 26), and 2002 is the year the DASR was issued.

I will post the weapons soon.

Excellent discussion y'all. It seems that most people think that the if the Conservatives win the war against the Reformers in the west they will continue and try and reconquer the Caucasus, Central Asia, and Manchuria. Remember though that the IEF has been at war for more than three years at this point. Trying to retake Manchuria would almost certainly mean war with China. Advancing into Central Asia or the Caucasus possibly leads to open hostilities with Persia and/or Turkey. Remember Persia and China are nuclear powers. Who thinks Russia would win these wars considering the damage they have already sustained and the amount of forces needed to occupy rebellious areas in the west?
War with Technate China is an inevitability. They will keep pushing until someone will have to fight back, and there won't be many supporting the Technocrats.

War with Technate China is an inevitability. They will keep pushing until someone will have to fight back, and there won't be many supporting the Technocrats.
The question is where? The Technocrats are being smart bastards and only strike when they know when they can get away with it. Sooner or later the rest of the world will either snap or they miss play their hand but the question is where.

The question is where? The Technocrats are being smart bastards and only strike when they know when they can get away with it. Sooner or later the rest of the world will either snap or they miss play their hand but the question is where.

Japan or Siam. That'll be the key.

Weapon Profile: XL103A1, SXCR-25, SF105S-A1, SCDR-44
IWI_ACE_22_N_316851.jpg

A British Army Madensen XL103A1 assault rifle, with a full length gun rail, extendable stock and 30 round magazine. This particular one was the prototype used during the evaluation and testing trials at RSAF Enfield.

Name:
Madensen XL103A1 assault rifle

Designer: Madensen Armaments

Type: Long-stroke gas piston rotating bolt automatic rifle

Caliber: .280 British (7.2x43mm ComNat)

Feed system: 30 round box magazine

Adopted: N/A, currently undergoing testing and evaluation trials as of June 2002

Users: Commonwealth of Nations and associates, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Madras, Malaya, Sarawak, Brunei (intended users)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

463_1.jpg

A Royal Singaporean Infantry Rifle Regiment SCLTSE XSCR-25 bullpup assault rifle. This particular early model has a scope, right-sided firing port, custom seethrough magazine and ambidexterous charging handle.

Name: SCLTSE XSCR-25 bullpup assault rifle

Designer: Singaporean Commonwealth Laboratories of Technology, Science and Engineering (SCLTSE)

Type: Gas operating rotating bolt bullpup automatic rifle

Caliber: .280 British (7.2x43mm ComNat)

Feed system: 30 round box magazine

Adopted: N/A, currently undergoing testing and evaluation trials as of June 2002

Users: Commonwealth of Nations and associates, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Madras, Malaya, Sarawak, Brunei (intended users)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

800px-Robarm_XCR_R.jpg

An Royal Australian Army ADAC XF105S-A1 assault rifle. This model has coverings for the rail mountings, a extendable stock, a full top rail for attachments, removable iron sights, and a standard 30 round magazine.

Name:
ADAC XF105S-A1 assault rifle

Designer:
Australian Defence Armaments Corporation

Type:
Long-stroke gas piston rotating bolt automatic rifle

Caliber:
6.5×47mm ComNat (.264 Australian) [1]

Feed system:
30 round box magazine

Adopted:
N/A, currently undergoing testing and evaluation trials as of June 2002

Users:
Commonwealth of Nations and associates, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Madras, Malaya, Sarawak, Brunei (intended users)

[1] OTL 6.5×47mm Lapua round

arx160_zoom001.jpg

A Canadian Army OSAAF XCDR-44 assault rifle. This rifle is unique as in that it has a ambidexterous firing port, meaning that it could both be used by left handed and right handed soldiers. It also has flip down sights, a extendable stock, custom magazine and is made out of highly resistant polymer.

Name:
OSAAF XCDR-44 assault rifle

Designer:
Ontario Small Arms and Armaments Factories (OSAAF)

Type:
Short-stroke gas piston operated rotating bolt automatic rifle

Caliber:
.243 Ontarian (6.2x45mm ComNat) [1]

Feed system:
30 round box magazine

Adopted:
N/A, currently undergoing testing and evaluation trials as of June 2002

Users:
Commonwealth of Nations and associates, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Madras, Malaya, Sarawak, Brunei (intended users)

[1] OTL 6mm SAW round

Very cool. Interseting that the DASR didn't specify what caliber the rifle is in. Also, remember it's the British Army not the Royal Army. Same thing for Australia. Based on the information provided, I vote for the SCLTSE XSCR-25. Keep up the good work!

Very cool. Interseting that the DASR didn't specify what caliber the rifle is in. Also, remember it's the British Army not the Royal Army. Same thing for Australia. Based on the information provided, I vote for the SCLTSE XSCR-25. Keep up the good work!
The X designation in front of the weapons is due to them being prototypes. Since the Singaporean design won, it is know known as the SCLTSE SCR-25, short for Singaporean Commonwealth Rifle Model 25. I reckon the other designs would be produced in their own countries, however.

The X designation in front of the weapons is due to them being prototypes. Since the Singaporean design won, it is know known as the SCLTSE SCR-25, short for Singaporean Commonwealth Rifle Model 25. I reckon the other designs would be produced in their own countries, however.

Well I imagine that most ComNat militaries use the same battle rifle. The other rifles might be produced in smaller numbers or for private customers.

Mac Gregor I wonder if you would mine me doing a mini data TL within your TL with the US buying the Danish West Indies in 1867 instead of them staying Danish.

Not sure exactly what you're asking.
Jim probably meant doing a small "story inside a TL" thing regarding the TUF USA purchasing the Danish West Indies inuniverse, probably framing it like a TL on the globtrix version of AH.com.

Thats what I read, anyway.

Basically a minor TL within your TL with the POD of the US buying the Danish West Indies. I had just re-read this TL shortly before starting New Balance, and when I was reading up on the USVI and saw that there had been a treaty drawn up in 1867 OTL but it wasn't acted on by the US because of for a lack of better words, a pissing match between Andrew Johnson and Senate Republicans it made me wonder how come it didn't happen here. Basically it would be a short and sweet date TL, no massive updates just date and what happened in a paragraph or so.