The Union Forever: A TL

what dose corporatist mean and are ther any popular ideology that this time line have and not otl

If I have understand correctly Corporatism is pretty near OTL fascism. Technocratism seems being much more popular than in OTL.

Topic Profile: Corporatism
what dose corporatist mean and are ther any popular ideology that this time line have and not otl

If I have understand correctly Corporatism is pretty near OTL fascism. Technocratism seems being much more popular than in OTL.

Good question regarding corporatism. Allow me to explain by way of an update.

Corporatism
upload_2016-6-17_8-41-47.png

In addition to technocracy, one of the most influential political philosophies to emerge during the 20th century was corporatism. The following is a brief overview of its history, tenants, and status as of the year 2000.

cor·po·rat·ism /kôrp(ə)rəˌtizəm/ (noun): a rightwing sociopolitical ideology characterized by a desire to reorganize society in order to create and further the aims of a strong state.

Corporatism has its roots in the dark days following the Great War. The war saw the collapse of the conservative monarchial autocracies of the French and Austro-Hungarian Empires, leaving many in search of a better way to organize society. Some like Robi Vencel Ignacz in Hungary turned to communism but the swift destruction of the world’s first communist state did much to dampen enthusiasm for Marxism. While no single figure can be identified as the father of corporatism many political scientists point to French theorist Edouard Desrochers (1882-1949) and Belgian radical Jan Karel Blommaert (1890-1937) as having the greatest impact on codifying corporatist concepts into a cohesive political system. The name corporatism is based on the Latin word corpus or body. The use of the term illustrates the idea that the state is the “body” and that all other areas in society such as the economy, military, education, etc, are the organs used to sustain it.

Although corporatist beliefs varied from country to country and organization to organization, there are five key principles that most corporatist movements share.

1) A strong state is paramount.
2) All aspects of society should be organized in the best possible way to further the aims of the state.
3) Individual rights should be abrogated if deemed detrimental to the state.
4) Multiparty democracy is incompatible with a strong state.
5) Strong states are justified in imposing their will over weaker states by whatever means.

Despite corporatism having its intellectual roots in Europe, the first nation to see a corporatist regime take power was Japan. Katsuo Akiyama founded the Kobushi Party in 1929 and eventually seized control of the Japanese government in 1941 albeit through democratic means. As the Kobushi Party was remaking Japanese society, corporatist regimes arose in Vietnam (1947), Venezuela (1949), Kampuchea (1951), India (1967), and Laos (1972). These nations differed in many ways with some being monarchies and others republics but all shared the same illiberal statist beliefs and strong aversion to western influence. It is also important to note that while the military played a key role in each country they did not rule outright as in a traditional military junta. All of these states would eventually become members of the Calcutta Compact and would be defeated by the end of the Asia-Pacific War (1976-1980). By the end of the century, no government officially embraced corporatism though some have pointed to the Republic of West Africa and the Congo Republic as having similar ideologies with the additional characteristic of a race based national identity.

Last edited:
so an survival of the fittest state ideology, with hints of "wear willing to do any thing to save our country" and fascism in it. go it, thanks and also when is the next update. this story is to interesting.

Still, what's with the name "Corporatist?" Is it because the ideology deals with organizing society like a corporation?

Still, what's with the name "Corporatist?" Is it because the ideology deals with organizing society like a corporation?

Mac explains it here:

The name corporatism is based on the Latin word corpus or body. The use of the term illustrates the idea that the state is the “body” and that all other areas in society such as the economy, military, education, etc, are the organs used to sustain it.

The term itself comes from OTL, and fascism was influenced by some corporatist ideas.

so an survival of the fittest state ideology, with hints of "wear willing to do any thing to save our country" and fascism in it. go it, thanks and also when is the next update. this story is to interesting.

The next proper update will probably be this weekend. I want to do similar short posts on technocracy and ecoism before I move on though.

Two intermeshed gears?

5-Cortez-logo.jpg

Too similar with Technocratic movement. And I don't understand how this even symbolise Corporatism.

In fact I think that logo of Kobushi party could be symbol of Corporatism when Japan was first corporatist nation.

Does anybody have an idea for a symbol to represent corporatism?
Since corporatism Is all about this

The name corporatism is based on the Latin word
corpus
or body. The use of the term illustrates the idea that the state is the “body” and that all other areas in society such as the economy, military, education, etc, are the organs used to sustain it.

Maybe it could be Altas holding up the sky.
51xerBHjcwL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

Atlas holds up the sky in Greek mythology without the him the sky would fall and crush everything. And corporatism says without the state
All those things like the economy and education would collapse. So the state is kind of like atlas in corporatism it keeps everything from falling apart like atlas does.

Last edited:
Since corporatism Is all about this

Maybe it could be a picture of Altas holding up the sky.
51xerBHjcwL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

Atlas holds up the sky in Greek mythology without the him the sky would fall and crush everything. And corporatism says without the state
All those things like the economy and education would collapse. So the state is kind of like atlas in corporatism it keeps everything from falling apart like atlas does.
I think it fits rather well

Too similar with Technocratic movement. And I don't understand how this even symbolise Corporatism.

In fact I think that logo of Kobushi party could be symbol of Corporatism when Japan was first corporatist nation.

Looking back, the Kobushi Party symbol is one of the following as I don't think I ever made a decision. Either way I don't think they would work as a general symbol for corporatism.

upload_2016-6-16_21-49-32.png
upload_2016-6-16_21-49-58.png

Last edited: