The Union Forever: A TL

Didn't Bulgaria have it's OTL pre-WWI border?
Also, what was the Republican deal with Morocco exactly, if the Sultan got Western Sahara and Spanish Morocco but didn't even force the royalists from the Canaries?

When did Morocco get Western Sahara? Last I remember Spain owned it. Something to do with the civil war?

Morocco made a deal with the Republicans in Spain to get Western Sahara and Tangiers.

Mac, any plans to show the CSAS on the map, or is it too informal to be given a EU-style outline?

When did Morocco get Western Sahara? Last I remember Spain owned it. Something to do with the civil war?

Didn't Bulgaria have it's OTL pre-WWI border?
Also, what was the Republican deal with Morocco exactly, if the Sultan got Western Sahara and Spanish Morocco but didn't even force the royalists from the Canaries?

Morocco made a deal with the Republicans in Spain to get Western Sahara and Tangiers.

Mac, any plans to show the CSAS on the map, or is it too informal to be given a EU-style outline?

Concerning the map. frustrated progressive you are correct, and I have fixed Bulgaria's borders.

The Republicans made a deal with Morocco that in exchange for joining in the war against the Royalists they received all of Spain's mainland African holdings. The Canary Islands were never part of the deal. Plus Morocco doesn't have a large enough navy to move against the Canary Islands. The Republicans were hoping that an uprising on the islands would force the Royalists out. However, this failed to happen.

CSAS is too informal to be given a EU-style outline, but I will show it when I do my supranational alliance map.

Cheers!

Concerning the map. frustrated progressive you are correct, and I have fixed Bulgaria's borders.

The Republicans made a deal with Morocco that in exchange for joining in the war against the Royalists they received all of Spain's mainland African holdings. The Canary Islands were never part of the deal. Plus Morocco doesn't have a large enough navy to move against the Canary Islands. The Republicans were hoping that an uprising on the islands would force the Royalists out. However, this failed to happen.

CSAS is too informal to be given a EU-style outline, but I will show it when I do my supranational alliance map.

Cheers!

Thanks, Mac Gregor!

Can we see an alliances map?:)

Edited a map from '67.

I may well have left stuff out.:eek:

Do you need a color key?

1967_revision_alliances.png

Edited a map from '67.

I may well have left stuff out.:eek:

Do you need a color key?

On map is much mistakes. You haven't updated borders in Africa and India and alliance system is partially wrong. Brazil, Bolivia and Peru are on LRA, not sure about Venezuela. And I am pretty sure that Portugal and both Spains don't belong to any bloc.

Is China trying to regain its lost territories, or did they drop that? It would seem pretty important to China going by OTL, but maybe the Technate is less nationalistic and more opportunistic.

Alliance Map: 1986
There is more accurate alliance map with keys.

Good job Lalli. I made a few small changes. This is the alliance map as of the end of 1986. Please note that Royalist Spain has joined the AES. Madras and Ceylon are striped because they are members of both the British Commonwealth and CSAS. Bhutan and Sikkim were added to the Technocratic Union. I added Afghanistan as Persian ally although it is far more independent than Baluchistan, Punjab, or Sindh.

Alliance map 1986.png

Mac,

I can't remember but does Canada have any kind of observer status in LAR?

Canada has some bilateral treaties with the USA and others but no observer status. However, in recent years there has been a growing push on being included but that would entail loosing the monarchy or changing the LAR charter.

I'm surprised that republican Spain isn't in the Turin Pact.

More on that later. The Turin Pact is certainly close with Republican Spain, but unlike other treaty organizations the Turin Pact is bilateral by design. By adding a third partner, especially one that far behind economically will take a massive rewrite.

India and Nepal haven't easy when they are between multiple blocs. India might survive as neutral nation but for Nepal it is more difficult. Nepal is surely nervous about Technate Union.