The Union Forever: A TL

I read all this TL. It's great timeline. But I think what borders of autonomous territories of Russia is implausible. Russian government would be guided in shaping the ethnic principle. See the attached map

Very cool map. Just for clarification Russia is actually pretty centralized as of 1958 but tensions are building. Poland and Finland have some autonomy but not much and the other regions vary. I may very well use parts of this map in future updates. One question though, why not Courland or Livonia? Again, great map.

Very cool map. Just for clarification Russia is actually pretty centralized as of 1958 but tensions are building. Poland and Finland have some autonomy but not much and the other regions vary. I may very well use parts of this map in future updates. One question though, why not Courland or Livonia? Again, great map.

I will make big map with gubernias or Russian Empire

Russian policy in the region aimed at preventing excessive German influence. So that the liquidation gubernias based on the old German states overdue

I read all this TL. It's great timeline. But I think what borders of autonomous territories of Russia is implausible. Russian government would be guided in shaping the ethnic principle. See the attached map

I will make big map with gubernias or Russian Empire

Russian policy in the region aimed at preventing excessive German influence. So that the liquidation gubernias based on the old German states overdue

I look forward to seeing your map.

A possible flag for Hyderabad. What do y'all think? To close to OTL?

Hyderabad.png

Pyotr Arkadyevich Stolypin (1862-1911)
Sergei Yulyevich Witte (1849-1915)
Grand Duke Alexandr Alexandrovich of Russia (OTL Alexandr III) (1845-1894)
Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930)

@Vladislav; Nice map, indeed!

A question regarding the American Football Association, will the team names be like those of OTL American teams, or closer to club names like DC United, AFC Liverpool, etc.? If the former, I can also work on these names too (if the latter, I'll leave it to one of our international members since I'd be outta my depth with that one :eek:).

I also have a few ideas about the aforementioned NRA's rules of play.

The teams of the American Football Assoicaiotn will be like those of OTL American teams. Please post your suggestions on team names and the NRA's rules of play. Cheers.

Very well, here's a list of suggestions for AFA teams;

San Diego Meteors
New England Red Claws (lobster reference)
New York Imperials
Brooklyn Blues
Atlanta Strikers
Tacoma Thunderbirds
Denver Rams
Trenton Devils
Louisville Cardinals
Washington Union
Norfolk Tides
Guthrie Nomads
Birmingham Bullfrogs
Baltimore Blue Crabs
Halleckville Mirage
San Antonio Raiders
Sedgewick Seals
Havana Hurricanes
Chicago Tempests
Philadelphia Rebs
Detroit Turbos
San Juan Tropics
Cleveland Clash
St. Louis Archers (both the bowman type, and a metareference to the Arch of OTL)

Here's my take on the NRA's rules;

-Gameplay is 80 minutes long, split amongst two halves (each with two quarters).

-Points are scored through touchdowns (the ball placed on the ground, past the goal-line, as an OTL try), field goals (through the goal-posts), and conversions (field goal made after a try). A TD is worth 4 points, field goals (including conversions) are 2 points, and goal-drops (OTL's safety, where the ball carrier is tackled in their own endzone) are one point.

-Teams are composed of 13 members composed of forwards and backs (pretty much as IOTL).

-Forward progress is made by running or kicking the ball forward. ITTL, the ball can actually be passed forward but ONLY in an underhand motion to a loose forward (anybody else would be considered an off-sides penalty). This player, immediately upon starting a down or playing-the-ball, can go up to 10 yards past the line of scrimmage until the ball is moved beyond them (but no further, or it is off-sides). Otherwise, the ball must be passed backwards or laterally. Kicks that are meant to move the ball can be chips, grubbers (more common than OTL) or bombs.

-A down is a given play from the time the ball is put into play until the ball is grounded by the defense (either by tackling the carrier, halting forward progress of same, or a deflection of a pass/kick) OR the offense scores. Six downs are permitted to score, after which time an unsuccessful offensive team must punt. Interceptions are only valid in the event of a caught pass or a fumble.

-Scrums are used if possession of the ball is uncertain or challenged by the defense upon the end of a down. Otherwise, a play-the-ball call is made. OTL's "zero-tackle" rule is still in effect.

-Tackles can't be made above the neck, but shoulder charges and flying tackles are legal. Spearing (as used in OTL's rugby) is penalized as unnecessary roughness (along with fighting, fish-hooking, etc.). Protective gear is limited to athletic cups and hockey-style helmets (I'm undecided if there should be any mask portion). Penalties can be applied in terms of yardage losses to the penalized team, or in extreme circumstances a forced turnover.

Any questions or comments are welcome. What do you think?

Last edited:
Very well, here's a list of suggestions for AFA teams;

Here's my take on the NRA's rules;

The Rugby rules look good to me but why no spearing?

Alot of the names you suggested should work, below or some changes and additions. What about confrences, leagues, or divisions?

American Football Association

San Diego Meteor
New England Red Claws
New York Imperials
Brooklyn Blues
Atlanta Strikers
Tacoma Thunderbirds
Denver Rams
Trenton Devils
Louisville Riflemen
Washington Resolutes
Norfolk Tides
Guthrie Nomads
Birmingham Bullfrogs
Baltimore Blue Crabs
Halleckville Mirage
San Antonio Raiders
Sedgewick Seals
Havana Hurricanes
Chicago Tempests
Philadelphia Patriots
Detroit Turbos
San Juan Tropics
Cleveland Clashers
St. Louis Archers
Honolulu Monarchs
Little Rock Cougars
Jacksonville Coyotes
Indianapolis Hoosiers
Columbus Bulldogs
Charlotte Foxes
Memphis Cotton Bailers
Tampa Sharks
Santo Domingo Parrots
Kansas City Ruffians

Spearing ITTL would equate to an OTL rugby "spear tackle", which is when the fouling player basically grabs and flips an opposing player into the air and onto their head, shoulders or neck; it would be considered similar to punching, tripping or otherwise assaulting another player. Spearing in the gridiron sense is legal (called a "flying tackle"), but the same risks apply to the tackling player as IOTL. One illegal contact from gridiron that is legal in American rugby is helmet-to-helmet (which given the type of tackles typically used in rugby, shouldn't be as damaging as the gridiron variety).

The list looks good to me, but I'm not entirely sure what the setup would be for ARA subdivisions...perhaps something like OTL's basketball setup?

The Rugby rules look good to me but why no spearing?

Alot of the names you suggested should work, below or some changes and additions. What about confrences, leagues, or divisions?

American Football Association

San Diego Meteor
New England Red Claws
New York Imperials
Brooklyn Blues
Atlanta Strikers
Tacoma Thunderbirds
Denver Rams
Trenton Devils
Louisville Riflemen
Washington Resolutes
Norfolk Tides
Guthrie Nomads
Birmingham Bullfrogs
Baltimore Blue Crabs
Halleckville Mirage
San Antonio Raiders
Sedgewick Seals
Havana Hurricanes
Chicago Tempests
Philadelphia Patriots
Detroit Turbos
San Juan Tropics
Cleveland Clashers
St. Louis Archers
Honolulu Monarchs
Little Rock Cougars
Jacksonville Coyotes
Indianapolis Hoosiers
Columbus Bulldogs
Charlotte Foxes
Memphis Cotton Bailers
Tampa Sharks
Santo Domingo Parrots
Kansas City Ruffians

Spearing ITTL would equate to an OTL rugby "spear tackle", which is when the fouling player basically grabs and flips an opposing player into the air and onto their head, shoulders or neck; it would be considered similar to punching, tripping or otherwise assaulting another player. Spearing in the gridiron sense is legal (called a "flying tackle"), but the same risks apply to the tackling player as IOTL. One illegal contact from gridiron that is legal in American rugby is helmet-to-helmet (which given the type of tackles typically used in rugby, shouldn't be as damaging as the gridiron variety).

The list looks good to me, but I'm not entirely sure what the setup would be for ARA subdivisions...perhaps something like OTL's basketball setup?

Good points. Thanks.

Profile: Arthur Conan Doyle
Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1928)

220px-Conan_doyle.jpg

Born Arthur Ingnatius Conan Doyle in Edinburgh, Scotland to parents of English and Irish decent, Doyle received an extensive education studying literature and medicine. After a lackluster career as a physician and writer, Doyle became a celebrated correspondent for The Times during the Boer War. When Britain entered the Great War, Doyle reprised his role as a newspaper correspondent spending several months recording the events of Sir Ian Hamilton’s failed Jerusalem Campaign. After the war, Doyle returned to Britain where he wrote a number of books and short stories. Today, Doyle is most remembered for his series of books describing the imagined adventures of detective/explorer Dr. Alistair Morel. Doyle died in 1928 at the age of 69.

Last edited:
American Football Association (1959)
American Football Association (1959)

Eastern Conference

North East Division
New England Red Claws
New York Imperials
Brooklyn Blues
Philadelphia Patriots

Caribbean Division
Tampa Sharks
Santo Domingo Parrots
Havana Hurricanes
San Juan Tropics

South Division
Atlanta Strikers
Birmingham Bullfrogs
Jacksonville Coyotes
Charlotte Foxes
Memphis Cotton Bailers

Mid-Atlantic Division
Trenton Devils
Washington Resolutes
Norfolk Tides
Baltimore Blue Crabs

Western Conference

Pacific Division
San Diego Meteors
Honolulu Monarchs
Sedgewick Seals
Halleckville Mirage

Midwest Division
Indianapolis Hoosiers
Columbus Bulldogs
Cleveland Clashers
Chicago Tempests
Detroit Turbos

Central Division
St. Louis Archers
Littlerock Cougars
Louisville Riflemen
Kansas City Ruffians

West Division
Tacoma Thunderbirds
Guthrie Nomads
San Antonio Raiders
Denver Rams

Last edited:
Not bad at all. It seems a little weird to see St. Louis outside the Midwest Division, and Norfolk in the Mid-Atlantic one, but then again it looks like the Midwest and South Divisions are pretty full up, so I'd chalk both of these up to overflow and having to put them somewhere. I forgot to ask, would Polynesia and the smaller Caribbean Islands also have teams, or no?

Not bad at all. It seems a little weird to see St. Louis outside the Midwest Division, and Norfolk in the Mid-Atlantic one, but then again it looks like the Midwest and South Divisions are pretty full up, so I'd chalk both of these up to overflow and having to put them somewhere. I forgot to ask, would Polynesia and the smaller Caribbean Islands also have teams, or no?

Yeah, they have to go somewhere. Polynesia and the smaller caribbean islands don't have professional teams yet.

How about we put a statue of Columbia somewhere (maybe where the Statue of Liberty would have been?). Also are there dance competitions a la So You Think You Can Dance in this world?

There is some intresting people:

Karl Benz (1844)
Gottlieb Daimler (1834)
Theodor Herzl (1860)
Sigmund Freud (1856)

Let's see how I get introducion about person of The Union Forever. There:

Porfirio Díaz (1830 - 1874)

220px-Young_Porfirio_Diaz.jpg

During Franco-Mexican War (1861 - 1864) Díaz was colonel. He gained many notable victories from French troops. After the war Díaz promoted as general, but he refused about office of commander of army and other political offices. Soon Díaz ordered with his troops to Northern Mexico where Apache chief Geronimo caused much troubles. Díaz chased Geronimo many years when finally on July 1874 they met near US border. On bloody battle Geronimo and his men killed Díaz and almost all his men. On 1883 on battle place founded city what named after Díaz as Ciudad del Díaz (OTL Nogales, Sonora). On later decades Mexicans has seen Díaz as national hero. After him has named too destroyer Porfirio Díaz which served on the Great War.

Last edited:
After him has named too battle ship Porfirio Díaz which served on the Great War.
That should be changed, the Mexican navy never had any battleships OTL unless you count the coast defense ship Anahuac as one, and that is stretching it, it was half as big as a proper one and Mexico could only afford it used and Mexico ITTL does not appear prosperous enough to afford a proper one

Make it a coast defense ship, a cruiser, or a destroyer

Mac Gregor:

I have just discovered your TL, and it is awesome. As a fellow Georgian, I like how you have "borrowed" the visage of Eugene Talmadge for a president of a very different character. (And making him a Georgian, to boot). I love how the butterflies were limited not just to the United States, as well as your delving into pop culture along with geopolitics. Keep it up.

MasterSanders