Western Conference
-Seattle Stallions
-Santa Monica Orcas
-Halleckville Scorpions
-Houston Drillers
-Dallas Rustlers

Last edited:
The official roster as of 1958.

Well with 20 US teams, looks like it won't be an equal merger... (unless we have Canadian teams playing in places like Charlottetown, PEI).

BTW, I've forgotten, what is the situation in Newfoundland, part of Canada?

Well with 20 US teams, looks like it won't be an equal merger... (unless we have Canadian teams playing in places like Charlottetown, PEI).

BTW, I've forgotten, what is the situation in Newfoundland, part of Canada?

Newfoundland is a province of Canada ITTL. Does anybody know why Newfoundland didn't join with Candada until 1949 IOTL?

Newfoundland is a province of Canada ITTL. Does anybody know why Newfoundland didn't join with Candada until 1949 IOTL?

Confederation was somewhat unpopular as they felt separated, but I believe they'd sent people to the initial talks, they easily could have joined then if public opinion were a little different, or they got a good promise on Labrador or something.

I made list of presidents and vice presidents:

Presidents of the United States:

16. Abraham Lincoln (Republicans) 1861 - 1869
17. John Sedgwick (Republicans) 1869 - 1877
18. Arthur I. Boreman (Republicans) 1877 - 1885

19. Samuel J. Randall (Democrats) 1885 - 1890
20. David B. Hill (Democrats) 1890 - 1897
21. George Armstrong Custer (Democrats) 1897 - 1901

22. Robert Todd Lincoln (Republicans) 1901 - 1913
23. Theodore Roosevelt (Republicans) 1913 - 1921
24. Leonard Wood (Republicans) 1921
25. Nelson R. Doner (Republicans) 1921 - 1925

26. Harold K. Abercrombie (Democrats) 1925 - 1933)
27. Zachary T. McKinnis (Democrats) 1933 - 1937

28. Daniel E. Warburton (Republicans) 1937 - 1941
29. Vernon M. Kirkman (Democrats) 1941 - 1949
30. Leroy R. Conner (Republicans) 1949 - 1957
31. Richard C. Anderson (Democrats) 1957 -

Vice Presidents of the United States:

15. Hannibal Hamlin (Republicans) 1861 - 1869
16. Arthur I. Boreman (Republicans) 1869 - 1877
17. James Blaine (Republicans) 1877 - 1885

18. David B. Hill (Democrats) 1885 - 1890
19. John M. Palmer (Democrats) 1890 - 1897
20. Horace Boise (Democrats) 1897 - 1901

21. Nathan Goff, jr. (Republicans) 1901 - 1909
22. Andrew Johnson, jr. (Republicans) 1909 - 1913
23. Jacob R. Alexander (Republicans) 1913 - 1921
24. Nelson R. Doner (Republicans) 1921
25. Brendan Theol (Republicans) 1921 - 1925

26. Kenneth P. Bergstrom (Democrats) 1925 - 1933
27. Edgar D. Glover (Democrats) 1933 - 1937

28. Travis B. Wingfield (Republicans) 1937 - 1941
29. Timothy G. Buchholz (Democrats) 1941 - 1949
30. Luther T. Vanderbelt (Republicans) 1949 - 1957
31. Bryon Howley (Democrats) 1957 -

And there is still earlier mentioned persons whose haven't introduction. But there is few more:

Arthur Balfour (1848)
Douglas Haig (1861)
Geronimo (1829)
Luigi Facta (1861)
Félix Faure (1841)
Raymond Poincaré (1860)
Aristide Briand (1862)
Paul Deschanel (1855)
Andrew Bonar Law (1858)
Adlai E. Stevenson (1835)

Confederation was somewhat unpopular as they felt separated, but I believe they'd sent people to the initial talks, they easily could have joined then if public opinion were a little different, or they got a good promise on Labrador or something.

This. I did some research on it during SoaP, and it seems the main problems with confederating was Quebec's claim on Labrador (they still wanted the entire place at the time), as well as the fact that their delegates to Charlottetown failed to arrive on time.

Profile: Geronimo
I made list of presidents and vice presidents:

And there is still earlier mentioned persons whose haven't introduction. But there is few more:

The list looks great! As a token of appreciation here is a PoTUF on Geronimo. Cheers!

Geronimo (1829-1877)

220px-Goyaale.jpg

Known as Goyathlay in his native Chiricahua language, Geronimo was born into the Bedonkohe Apache tribe along the Gila River in what was then Mexican territory. As a young man he married a woman named Alope and had three children. The turning point in Geronimo’s life occurred on March 6, 1858 when a company of 400 Mexican soldiers led by Colonel José María Carrasco murdered Geronimo’s wife and children. Geronimo became infamous to Mexican authorities for taking part in several raids into Mexico often ignoring swarms of Mexican bullets to dispatch his victims at knifepoint. Geronimo’s exploits would come to an end on March 1, 1877 when his war party became cornered in a small canyon south of Nogales in Sonora by a detachment of Mexican army soldiers. After a 36 hour standoff Geronimo and his party famously charged the Mexicans before being cut down. In Mexico Geronimo is remembered as a notorious outlaw while in the United States Geronimo has over the decades become a folk hero sparking books, films, television series, and a navy frigate the U.S.S. Geronimo which saw extensive service in the South American War.

Last edited:
1958: Foreign Developments

Foreign Developments
On March 22 the first transatlantic telecommunications cable was inaugurated by a call from Canadian Prime Minister Joshua Holden to King George V. Stretching from Newfoundland to Scotland, the cable only permitted 38 channels but was a vast improvement over the limited radio based telecommunications then in service. Over the next few decades dozens of additional cables would be run from various points in the old world to the new world each with great capacity than that of its predecessors.

In June the Republic of Greater Syria hosted the XII Summer Olympiad in the city of Beirut becoming the first games to be held outside of Europe and North America. Kurdistan, Vietnam, and Muscat and Oman made their first appearances at the Olympics. The United States narrowly beat out Germany to become the leading medal winner.

In the 1958 French Elections President Bartlett Metivier and his National Republican Party were handsomely returned to power due largely to a booming economy and an assertive foreign policy towards Germany.

In October, Brazilian novelist Carmen de Mello released A Planície Estéril or in English The Barren Plain. The book is set in the bleak near future were South America’s rainforests have been depleted due to over logging. Although largely ignored outside of Brazil when first published, over the years A Planície Estéril has gathered an impressive international following and today is widely regarded as a science fiction and environmental classic.

1958 would see the Indian War of Independence finally come to an end after over nine years of fighting. Despite both sides being exhausted the peace talks held in Geneva, Switzerland were anything but placid. The agreement stated that British forces would completely withdraw from the Dominion of India by December of 1958. Free elections would be held in April the following year in which all factions of the Indian resistance could participate. The United Kingdom also pledged massive humanitarian assistance to the famine scarred subcontinent for the next five years. These concessions came at a price however. The future Indian government would be forced to recognize the commonwealth realms of Madras, Burma, and Ceylon as well as the British aligned princely states of Hyderabad, Travancore, and Mysore. Furthermore, due to the fractured nature of the opposition the British were able to separate Baluchistan, Assam, and the Muslim portions of Bengal from the Dominion of India in hopes of curtailing the power of an independent Indian nation. Afghanistan was even allowed to gain the Pashtun areas of the Northwest Frontier Province having been in defacto control of the area for years. Many in the UFLI were outraged by the continued fracturing of India but the United Kingdom threatened to withdraw its promise of humanitarian aid if its demands weren’t met leading some people to levy charges against Britain of using food as a weapon. In the end, the war in India was the third deadliest conflict of the twentieth century yet with Britain and her western dominions losing 76,818 killed and many more wounded. The number of Indian dead during this period, both military and civilian, is estimated at anywhere from 7-12 million.
attachment.php

The Indian Subcontinent
December, 1958

Last edited:
-7-12,076,818?! That's not a small number for a war of rebellion :eek:. I take it that first and second in terms of deadliest wars are the Great War and the Chinese Civil War (BTW what was the death tolls for those)? I also see that OTL's Pakistan is part of India here, will that result in more bloodshed down the line?

-I see that environmentalism has gotten a retroactive shot in the arm, especially by playing up the loss of a massive ecosystem like the Amazon jungles.

-It amazes me that telecomms cable took this long to lay, although to be honest I might have been thinking of telegraph cable :eek:. Still, good to see telecommunications not being left at the wayside.

-Nice update on Geronimo.

-7-12,076,818?! That's not a small number for a war of rebellion :eek:. I take it that first and second in terms of deadliest wars are the Great War and the Chinese Civil War (BTW what was the death tolls for those)? I also see that OTL's Pakistan is part of India here, will that result in more bloodshed down the line?

-I see that environmentalism has gotten a retroactive shot in the arm, especially by playing up the loss of a massive ecosystem like the Amazon jungles.

-It amazes me that telecomms cable took this long to lay, although to be honest I might have been thinking of telegraph cable :eek:. Still, good to see telecommunications not being left at the wayside.

-Nice update on Geronimo.

I know the figure seems high but remember this war has been going on for nine years in a region with a massive population. The majority of the deaths were casued by famine and disease. Even if you use the highest estimate of 12 million it is still far less than 3% of the population.

Indeed the telecomunications cable is only a year or two behind OTL.

Glad you liked Geronimo.

Cheers!

Nice updates Mac! Great how you ended the Indian War of Independence and brought about the break up of the states in such a way, very interesting. Also that killer clown bit is downright terrifying!

Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain (1828-1918)

Born in Brewer, Maine, Chamberlain was a college professor who joined the Union army in the late Civil War. Serving as the colonel of the 20th Maine regiment Chamberlain distinguished himself. After the war ended he served as a Senator from Maine for one term before becoming Assisstant Secretary of State. When the war with Spain erupted in 1877 Chamberlain resigned his position to serve as a Brigadier General in Cuba, where he was wounded twice. After the war he returned to Maine to teach at Bowdion College, where he taught every subject except math. Winner of the Medal of Honor for his actions in Cuba, he died of his ancient wounds in 1918 at the age of 90.

Hope you like this.

I read all this TL. It's great timeline. But I think what borders of autonomous territories of Russia is implausible. Russian government would be guided in shaping the ethnic principle. See the attached map

FB HB.png

@Vladislav; Nice map, indeed!

A question regarding the American Football Association, will the team names be like those of OTL American teams, or closer to club names like DC United, AFC Liverpool, etc.? If the former, I can also work on these names too (if the latter, I'll leave it to one of our international members since I'd be outta my depth with that one :eek:).

I also have a few ideas about the aforementioned NRA's rules of play.

Profile: Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Hope you like this.

Thanks rick007! I have made some changes below. Keep them coming.

200px-Joshua_Chamberlain_-_Brady-Handy.jpg

Born in Brewer, Maine to a Congregationalist family, Chamberlain decided early in life to pursue a career in academics eventually mastering nine languages other than English including Greek, Latin, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Arabic, Hebrew, and Syriac. An ardent supporter of the Union and abolition, Chamberlain left his position at Bowdion College in 1862 and enlisted in the Army. Chamberlain was quickly elevated to colonel a given command of a regiment of volunteers. During the war Chamberlain would distinguish himself at the Battle of Lynchburg and the Siege of Danville. After the war ended Chamberlain served as a senator from Maine for one term before becoming Assistant Secretary of State in the Boreman administration. When the war with Spain erupted in 1877 Chamberlain resigned his position to take command of the 2nd Infantry Brigade under General Grant. Chamberlain proved to be a very successful commander during the attack on Santiago where he was lightly wounded by shrapnel. After the war he returned to Maine where he served as President of Bowdion College for 23 years. Chamberlain died in 1918 at the age of 90.

Last edited: