Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do we know what the protocol at the time would be regarding border commissions? Is it likely that Mexico and Britain would look to sort both their borders in Central America and northwest North America at the same time? Or would it require two separate commissions?

Northstar
probably if it happens, it will be at the same time.

I knew Jackson was going to be worse than Calhoun, he just went about his purges more smartly than Calhoun. It makes him far more dangerous and insidious. Hell we don't know what he's doing to the Natives, he wasn't exactly kind them OTL and I'm betting that was just amplified ITTL.
any predictions on the spanish colonies futures?
Betting Jackson will try and nab Florida.

It seems worth noting that outside the Papal states the restored Italian regimes are not seeming to learn and reform after getting bailed out by the Pope and outsiders. So we get likely prodemocracy agitation in Sicily, another Neapolitan revolt and the Pan Italian cause beaten but not destroyed in the North.

I dunno, we haven't yet seen what King Leopoldo I of Sardinia or Grand Duke Leopoldo II of Tuscany will do now that they have gained and regained their thrones respectively. As for Ferdinando II of the Two Sicilies, I'm actually just not even surprised really, the King was IOTL, probably the most despotic out of any of his Bourbon relatives, some of what he did leading Gladstone to lead the charge that led to the Two Sicilies being diplomatically isolated, a move that contributed to it's fall to Sardinia-Piedmont/Italy under the King's OTL son Francesco II.

I know there's also Modena-Reggio (under Francesco IV), Lucca (under Carlo Ludovico de Bourbon-Parma) and Parma (under Maria Ludovica, with the aforementioned Carlo Ludovico as her heir), but I feel they're irrelevant.

the AU annexes Florida wholesale, possibly even make a play for Cuba too. Otherwise, New Granada will likely go independent, but I see Puerto Rico, Santo Domingo, the Philippines and Peru remaining in the Spanish Crown, maybe Cuba too because while I feel Florida will be the primary objective, any attempt for Cuba swings in favor of the Spanish, whose navy was more powerful than the U.S., and that's before you take into consideration the Navy hasn't recovered from 4 wars in the span of 15 years.

I am guessing Characas will see our future Spanish PM campaign there as its mentioned as one of the places he will be famous in the present day of the IU source. So Alpine troubles in the future, possibly he reconquers Characas but it ends up being a poisoned prize.

New Granada I see as gaining independence. With the new monarch being either a local figure or a Bonaparte under a constitution. New Granada may also trade Panama too Mexico who is dreaming of canals by that point as part of the treaty for aid.

Chile rebels in reaction to the conservative Spanish regime and wins its independence.

Peru remains as a royalist stronghold, but with subsequent regimes taking a more reformist approach tying it closer to the metropole.

Florida is is invaded by the AU. The war ends in a stalemate with both sides distracted to elsewhere, the AU gets West Florida(the whole of the panhandle) while the Peninsula remains Spanish due to the resistance offered not just by the Spanish military and terrain, but the efforts of the freedmen and the Seminole guerillas. The war sees the birth of Floridian national identity, but loyalty to Spain remains as its seen as a needed deterrent to the AU.

Cuba and Puerto Rico remain colonies but like Peru see a great deal of reform.

Santo Domingo will depend on what Haiti gets up too. Just for some fun variety let's say there's a thin chance they offer submission to Mexico feeling that Mexico City can protect them better than Madrid.

Not enough data on the Phillipines for me to feel even a shot in the dark is worth noting just now.

New Granada I see as gaining independence. With the new monarch being either a local figure or a Bonaparte under a constitution. New Granada may also trade Panama too Mexico who is dreaming of canals by that point as part of the treaty for aid.
I predict Bonaparte.

Santo Domingo will depend on what Haiti gets up too. Just for some fun variety let's say there's a thin chance they offer submission to Mexico feeling that Mexico City can protect them better than Madrid.
I forgot about Haiti, and yet at the same time, I wanna ask, is Haiti still divided between monarchist, authoritarian north and democratic south?

Not enough data on the Phillipines for me to feel even a shot in the dark is worth noting just now.

I'm going to take a shot and say it stays loyal to Spain.

On a different note I am cynical of the Canadians here having a 'Patriot' Party. Wasn't the term patriot still strongly associated with the American Revolutionaries? Given the downhill state of the Union ITTL I'd think there'd be even less desire to take on anything that could be seen as following America's lead.

Actually the Parti Patriote was an OTL Canadian political party in Lower Canada with Papineau as one of it's leaders. The twist in this story is that in OTL Papineau and the Patriote's led the 1837-38 rebellions unlike TTL where he is a loyalist.

I knew Jackson was going to be worse than Calhoun, he just went about his purges more smartly than Calhoun. It makes him far more dangerous and insidious. Hell we don't know what he's doing to the Natives, he wasn't exactly kind them OTL and I'm betting that was just amplified ITTL.
the natives are a sad story ittl in america.......

I dunno, we haven't yet seen what King Leopoldo I of Sardinia or Grand Duke Leopoldo II of Tuscany will do now that they have gained and regained their thrones respectively. As for Ferdinando II of the Two Sicilies, I'm actually just not even surprised really, the King was IOTL, probably the most despotic out of any of his Bourbon relatives, some of what he did leading Gladstone to lead the charge that led to the Two Sicilies being diplomatically isolated, a move that contributed to it's fall to Sardinia-Piedmont/Italy under the King's OTL son Francesco II.
indeed, Fernando II was very unlike his father Fernando I who was beloved.
the AU annexes Florida wholesale, possibly even make a play for Cuba too. Otherwise, New Granada will likely go independent, but I see Puerto Rico, Santo Domingo, the Philippines and Peru remaining in the Spanish Crown, maybe Cuba too because while I feel Florida will be the primary objective, any attempt for Cuba swings in favor of the Spanish, whose navy was more powerful than the U.S., and that's before you take into consideration the Navy hasn't recovered from 4 wars in the span of 15 years.
maybe, however the AU does not have the navy to contest the seas with the Spaniards. Any attempt at Cuba would be sunk.

I am guessing Characas will see our future Spanish PM campaign there as its mentioned as one of the places he will be famous in the present day of the IU source. So Alpine troubles in the future, possibly he reconquers Characas but it ends up being a poisoned prize.
we'll see.
granadan monarchy? That's an interesting thought.
Chile rebels in reaction to the conservative Spanish regime and wins its independence.
probably
Peru remains as a royalist stronghold, but with subsequent regimes taking a more reformist approach tying it closer to the metropole.
If Peru remains a Spanish colony, it is going to be dangerously isolated.
Florida is is invaded by the AU. The war ends in a stalemate with both sides distracted to elsewhere, the AU gets West Florida(the whole of the panhandle) while the Peninsula remains Spanish due to the resistance offered not just by the Spanish military and terrain, but the efforts of the freedmen and the Seminole guerillas. The war sees the birth of Floridian national identity, but loyalty to Spain remains as its seen as a needed deterrent to the AU.
could be possible.
Cuba and Puerto Rico remain colonies but like Peru see a great deal of reform.

Haiti is just the isolated country that is massively unstable like otl. So they won't be doing much.

notice
well, guys its seems that i am going to be having exams next week and i seriously need to study, so there won't be many updates (if any) for around 2.5 weeks. Please bear with me till then and thanks for all your support!