Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
will there be a wikibox on the kingdom of France and if the war of 1866 happens I see either France accepting the equivalent of the proposal of Bismarck for Luxembourg or France joining Austria (dividing de facto Germany in two) in exchange for Luxembourg and the Saarland otherwise always so interesting
1866 war of otl is long long butterflied away mate

will there be a wikibox on the kingdom of France and if the war of 1866 happens I see either France accepting the equivalent of the proposal of Bismarck for Luxembourg or France joining Austria (dividing de facto Germany in two) in exchange for Luxembourg and the Saarland otherwise always so interesting
Also i really only give wikiboxes for minor nations. Major nations will come organically along with the timeline

Mishigama Wikiboxes [2]
1.png

2.png

3.png

it's like otl between the commonwealth realms. The realms all share the british monarch
That was my thought, but why does the Queen live in Windsor Cabin, Shikaawa and not the UK? Or is that simply her residence if she happens to be in the country, and the Governor-General is the one who actually resides there.

That was my thought, but why does the Queen live in Windsor Cabin, Shikaawa and not the UK? Or is that simply her residence if she happens to be in the country, and the Governor-General is the one who actually resides there.
The palaces of the Governor-Generals are the residences of the Commonwealth monarch when they're in that country. This is otl. Ottawa Residence is the residence of the Canadian Governor-General and queen of Canada for example.

The palaces of the Governor-Generals are the residences of the Commonwealth monarch when they're in that country. This is otl. Ottawa Residence is the residence of the Canadian Governor-General and queen of Canada for example.
Oh right, dang did not know that. The butterflies are still strong though because, well, Vicky 2 looks a bit....... different to Lizzie 2. Who is that?

as long as the bourbons don't do anything they have every chance to stay in the top 3 of the great powers
that really depends on how french demographics can recover from the Napoleonic Wars, which AFAIK it didn't until 1937 otl to get pre-Napoleonic birth rates in the country.

while we're on the topic, what do you guys think will happen with France in the future of ittl? Calling in experts @Basileus_Komnenos, @Abd ar-Rahman II, @Northstar and @Herr Frage ! (You guy's predictions always makes my day in this timeline really).
I know my name is not in this, but if I were to hazard a guess, so long as nothing wacky happens or the line of Louis XV doesn't die out like it did IOTL, I can see the Kingdom of France under the Bourbon dynasty survive for much longer than it did. As for French demographics, it is possible for it to recover sooner than it did IOTL, because in IOTL as you said, pre-Napoleonic birth rates were not achieved until 1937, but what probably didn't help was the various major conflicts that France had to go through, and that included 3 revolutions (1830, 1848 and 1870) and two major wars IOTL (the Franco-Prussian War and World War I) that probably exasperated matters.

I know my name is not in this, but if I were to hazard a guess, so long as nothing wacky happens or the line of Louis XV doesn't die out like it did IOTL, I can see the Kingdom of France under the Bourbon dynasty survive for much longer than it did. As for French demographics, it is possible for it to recover sooner than it did IOTL, because in IOTL as you said, pre-Napoleonic birth rates were not achieved until 1937, but what probably didn't help was the various major conflicts that France had to go through, and that included 3 revolutions (1830, 1848 and 1870) and two major wars IOTL (the Franco-Prussian War and World War I) that probably exasperated matters.
everyone's input is wanted!
Though yes if France can steer clear of major conflicts, its demographics will improve by a huge mile than otl.

to the fact the expedition of alger led OTL under Charles X did it always take place if not seen that France keeps good terms with the ottomans it could buy it the distinctions of Egypt would be interesting especially with the canal of suez.
Otherwise, since France has succeeded in having the island of Hokkaido or at least in establishing itself there, this could force France to develop its navy, especially with the ideas of the " jeunes écoles ".

to the fact the expedition of alger led OTL under Charles X did it always take place if not seen that France keeps good terms with the ottomans it could buy it the distinctions of Egypt would be interesting especially with the canal of suez.
the ottomans are definitely not going to sell Algiers. It is too strategic.
Otherwise, since France has succeeded in having the island of Hokkaido or at least in establishing itself there, this could force France to develop its navy, especially with the ideas of the " jeunes écoles ".
It's Sakhalin, not Hokkaido.

I watched a game when I visited North America in whatever year it was and it's just... a lot of sitting about doing nothing.

I mean, to be fair, cricket is very similar.

I also don't really like tennis.

Maybe there's a pattern and it's just bat/racket and ball games I don't find exciting. 🤷‍♂️ 😂

Northstar
Baseball is a less exciting and less physically challenging version of rounders. It is a simplistic game unlike cricket, and physically less exciting than any number of ball and racquet games including field hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby Gaelic, Football, Aussie Rules etc. Just as so called American Football is a ridiculously unentertaining and boring lesser version of Rugby. America is very good at inventing boring uninteresting sports with mind numbing repetition. NASCAR would be another eg, lets all go around in an endless boring loop. I mean F1 lacks drama, but NASCAR .... It is the sheer boredom of many US sports that necessitates Cheer Leaders.