The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

The Reichstag and the position of Reichstag president being relevant in any way is weird. The Nazis were very open about their contempt for it. It wouldn't be a place of debate or lawmaking. By contrast, the Soviets at least paid lip service to the Supreme Soviet being relevant.

Karl Kaufmann would be a more apt choice as an old guard stalwart with ties to Speer who opposes Bormann and the Control Faction. He was an Old Fighter with ironclad control over his Gau in Hamburg, and adept at ingratiating himself both with the workers (he made sure wages in Hamburg remained higher than usual in the Reich) and the mercantile business community (he helped them get lots of plunder in the occupied territories in the east). Also brutal, very corrupt and an ally of Speer (Speer had very few friends among the Gauleiters, one was Kaufmann, another Karl Hanke). He managed to kinda whitewash himself to an extent post-war, as popular perception of him in Hamburg remained rather rosy. I don't think Jordan was particularly noteworthy and he had nothing to do with Speer. Oberländer's career was basically finished in OTL when he wrote memos criticising German eastern policy.

Beyond that, I like it, as well as what was shown in the other leak depicting Bormann's cabinet! Partification was the whole agenda of Bormann and the Control Faction, and Wegener was his 'golden boy'. Orlow writes about this in his History of the Nazi Party. Axmann was also a critic of Bormann in OTL and there being a radical movement in the Hitler Youth frustrated by the corruption and stagnation of the Party apparatus, but still fervently Nazi, is actually backed up by developments in the last stages of the war. So the above quibbling aside, it looks like the path will provide a more grounded but also narratively interesting experience.

Last edited:
kln5yhy4msha1.png

f5jh1r4fusha1.png
hstkvncfusha1.png
3fk3lq8ousha1.png
I prefer Bormann with a shaved head. This hair leftover is so ugly.

Yep, like, I can see them putting a fight against China when they invade, and if China loses the GaW those provinces would be gone, forever.
And a Morita/Li-run Guangdong and a Pujie-run Manchuria would probably provide a precedent for Japan giving Qinghai and Xikang to Tibet (especially as it is still an independent state run by the Dalai Lama and the Kashag ITTL) and making Xinjiang some sort of independent East Turkestan if they win the GAW, especially as Qinghai, Xikang, and Xinjiang are run by remnants of Chiang’s KMT who never have given up the fight against Japan.

Last edited:
German Tanks in Tallinn during 1991 August Coup by Anti Speerist faction the Coup failed two days later and resulted as collapse of Greater German Reich and Einheitspakt
1676708905292.png

I hope the team works towards showing how bad the OFN can be in the future, because the pro OFN stanning is massive.
What a weird stance to have, considering the opposition is the Axis powers. The reason why we stan the OFN is because of NATOwave and literally fighting Nazis.

brooklyn99

Banned
I hope the team works towards showing how bad the OFN can be in the future, because the pro OFN stanning is massive.
I'd say the devs have already been long at work in amping up the unsavoury side of the OFN. I'd be more wary of how they go about portraying Commies tbh, since the radioactivity of Marxist stanning within the fandom is even more brazen.

What a weird stance to have, considering the opposition is the Axis powers. The reason why we stan the OFN is because of NATOwave and literally fighting Nazis.
I'd say the devs have already been long at work in amping up the unsavoury side of the OFN. I'd be more wary of how they go about portraying Commies tbh, since the radioactivity of Marxist stanning within the fandom is even more brazen.

They being anti german doesn't make them good, just another group vying for world power. The US was extremely cruel towards latin america in the cold war and this needs to be shown.

I agree that tankies are more toxic, but the TNO community is the one of the few were the heads are really cracking down in them, so they ain't a problem in my eyes.

Well, do you know blessed progressive RFK? This is how he treated Goulart:

"As will be argued in section four of this article, a key moment in this sequence of events was the visit of Robert Kennedy to Goulart in December 1962. After this visit, US policymakers seem to give up on the idea of pulling Goulart towards the political centre and inducing him to be more accommodating to US demands..."

"In a White House meeting on 8 March 1963, Bobby Kennedy was the advisor toughest on the Goulart government. He insisted, as he had when he met Goulart three months before, that Goulart had to make adjustments to the economy being demanded by the US, and remove anti-US and leftist politicians from his cabinet. He said, ‘they're going to have to do something down there … this is not something that Congress will tolerate, the American people will tolerate, or that you [President Kennedy] can tolerate’. Congress, Bobby went on, is ‘going to have a hell of a time trying to sell any kind of help and assistance to a country that wants this kind of money from us and yet at the same time puts important communists or people who are very anti-United States in important positions of power … they haven't vocally and enthusiastically aligned themselves with the Alliance for Progress and I mean, that's the whole operation in South America and Central America … we're not fooling around about it, we're not going to continue, we're giving him some time to make these changes but we can't continue this forever … he can't have it both ways, can't have the communists and put them in important positions and make speeches criticising the United States and at the same time get 225-[2]50 million dollars from the United States. He can't have it both ways. He's got to really make the choice, because you don't have any choice about it"

I wonder how much of that is actual Marxists. It's a well-known fact that the HOI4 community has a lot of people from the far ends of the political spectrum. Given that TNO is extremely hostile to fascism, it'll repel the alt-right types, but not leftists like myself.

Back on topic.

On Fascist Italy, I wonder if Muti's path will explore the aspect of "Free-Spirited Fascist Youth." Muti is, after all, radical influenced by D'Annunzio and the Youth and Futurist aspects of Fascist Ideology.

Plus there was a thing called Camp Hobbit - It was like Woodstock but for Italian Neo-Fascists. And well, the Camp Hobbit festival involved a lot of Fascist rock music, poetry, and book readings of the Hobbit and Julius Evola. It feels like something Muti would do given how he is framed in TNO. Plus there was the Neo-Fascist Squatting Culture with the Far-Right Social Centres, which I think may also be something Muti encourages.

I wonder if the TNO devs will incorporate aspects of Italian Neo-Fascist Youth Culture from the Years of Lead in Muti's path. And I wonder if Muti would try to pull off a Camp Hobbit-style Fascist rock music festival in his path.

Last edited:
Plus there was a thing called Camp Hobbit - It was like Woodstock but for Italian Neo-Fascists. And well, the Camp Hobbit festival involved a lot of Fascist rock music, poetry, and book readings of the Hobbit and Julius Evola. It feels like something Muti would do given how he is framed in TNO. Plus there was the Neo-Fascist Squatting Culture with the Far-Right Social Centres, which I think may also be something Muti encourages.
Good to know that Lord of the Rings is still going strong in TNO. It's such a timeless classic that it transcends timelines. Must be a good thing that Tolkien served in the First World War, or else it would have never been created.

Back on topic.

On Fascist Italy, I wonder if Muti's path will explore the aspect of "Free-Spirited Fascist Youth." Muti is, after all, radical influenced by D'Annunzio and the Youth and Futurist aspects of Fascist Ideology.

I wonder if the TNO devs will incorporate aspects of Italian Neo-Fascist Youth Culture from the Years of Lead in Muti's path. And I wonder if Muti would try to pull off a Camp Hobbit-style Fascist rock music festival in his path.
Man, what a trip was to learn about this...