The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening

• "American history is filled with two kinds of "great men". Great men who are known to be "great men" due to their statesmanship providing the kind of moral and strategic leadership that future generations can learn from and admire. These men include George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King Jr. The other type of "great men" are those who developed a large following and whose achievements still impact the nation to this day, but large aspects of their legacies are events and policies the nation either wishes to forget, or rebuke. Men in this list include Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson, and Adolph Hitler." - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

"Adolph Hitler, son of Austrian immigrants Alois and Klara Hitler was born in Comal County in Texas Hill country in 1891. An above average student, he enjoyed drawing art and reading about history, especially about wars. As a Texan, he always found it fascinating that Texas was originally part of Mexico, and that it took two wars to bring the Lone star under the star-spangled flag. Frequently dressing up as American soldiers of the Mexican-American War during his free time, he developed a fascination of military and war. He also had a deep love of art, as mentioned above, and would draw pictures of either buildings or battlefields. As always, the buildings and weapons were drawn of a much higher quality than the people. His father, with a pernicious drinking habit, at certain times left much of the raising responsibilities on Klara Hitler, however Alois' drinking problem waxed and waned, making it a minor issue. Hitler also loved reading about history, especially American. He sometimes dreamed of being a cowboy and fighting in the frontier (the frontier had only been officially closed a year after his birth). While relatively popular at school, successful in grades, and a generally stable household, there were early signs of Hitler's mentality. He always played during his outdoor imagination games as Cowboys against Indians, as American soldiers against Mexican soldiers, and, for a German child in the German pro-Union stronghold of Texas, was quite fond of the Confederacy. He certainly always opposed secession and was glad that the Union won (and was a great admirer of Lincoln), but was never troubled by the racial views that the Confederacy promoted, and the Jim Crow South maintained in practice. Hitler always carried with him an "us and them" mentality, even in the fond days of his youth. Certainly, it was the traumatic experience of war that exacerbated these tendencies into beliefs, and then later, into policies" - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

unknown.png

Special thanks to @redditredcoat216 for the awesome title card!

Last edited:
    Childhood
  • "To understand men, understand where they are from." -Alfred Emmanuel Smith, Governor of New York.

Origins (1889-1903):

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

1938927-1408011654274536-p.jpg

(Adolph grew up in in his early years in Hancock, Comal County, just next to Canyon lake.)

Born in San Antonio General Hospital in 1889, Adolph (Anglicized from Adolf) Hitler grew up in a medium sized farmhouse. Comal County was full of Germans, and thus it was extremely easy for the Hitler family to establish themselves there. The grassland was perfect for a farm for the purposes of raising sheep, goats and cattle, with the Hitler household specializing in the latter. Life was "better than in Austria", as Alois always reminded his children. This was usually an excuse for not showing them much affection, as Alois was notorious for being overly strict and rough. He was doing financial well, and though while he was notorious for his sour attitude, when it came to his children, his checkbook kept his belt on. Growing up in a family of eight, Adolph always had to stand out. Whether it was achieving top marks in school (Alois was not going to pay for parochial), being a helpful hand on the ranch (though Klara wanted him with his books as much as possible), or not talking back to his demanding father (Alois wore his uniform always in the house and demanded that he be called herr or sir). Adoplh's mother, Clara (anglicized from Klara), was a much more positive influence on Hitler's life, treating him (as well as his siblings) with much love and affection. Adolph was her favorite child, and she would often listen to his thoughts on history and nature. She never raised her voice against him, and always took great measures to remind him that he was loved. Hitler wrote in his diary that, "Even in the most bitter of situations will my heart blossom each spring due to the love of my mother".

Clara also kept Alois in his best moods, and while his brashness, coldness, and at times, drunkenness was a constant source of unease in the Hitler household, his steady income and thrifty attitude (he always excused his lack of presents when conversing with Clara on financial prudence) made sure that Adolph and his family lived a relatively-comfortable rural middle-class lifestyle in turn of the twentieth century America.

Alois_Hitler.jpeg

(Alois Hitler, wearing his formal uniform at his home, 1898)

At school, Adolph was a rather shy kid and diligent student. He was able to make friends with the other diligent students (in slang, known as nerds), was adored by his teachers, and a frequent target for bullies. Adolph's school was majority Protestant (around 70-30 protestant catholic), and so many made fun of him for his faith and for his shyness. The constant bullying angered Adolph, yet Hitler, being favored by the school's establishment gave him enough protection to get through, and Hitler learned that being friendly with those in power was a valuable tool. Adolph's favorite subject was history. Fascinated by the nation's founding's, the various wars of expansion (he loved the Manifest destiny), and great men (Crockett, Lincoln and Jackson were some of Adolph's favorites. He loved "Great Men" like Jackson, once commenting in his diary that "what I would give to be at the side of Jackson and defend the frontier against the savages". Reading about the success of America against non-white nations such as the Cherokee or the Mexicans further convinced him of America's superiority. While not a white supremacist by the age of ten, Hitler already adopted views of superior and inferior, mocking how "it took Santa Anna' whole army to kick out Davie Crockett". Wearing his father's ranch hat, he would play with a toy gun, pretend to be Crockett, and pretend that the livestock were Mexican invaders. He did play Cowboy and Indians with buddies after school, always playing as the cowboys when he could (when it was his turn to play Indians, he always pouted).

During the last years of his life, Alois Hitler began to soften. A decade of financial success and stability under his belt, Alois became less insecure about himself, and was able to reflect on his behavior more. Noticing Hitler's love of history and art (Clara was always Adolph's "art critic" (she always gave ten out of ten)), he bought for Hitler on his tenth birthday a small art canvas and for Christmas an Almanac on American History. Hitler began to become much closer to his formally-abusive father, and so when Alois died in 1903, what medical researchers today conclude was most likely a Pleural effusion. Adolph was finally beginning to enjoy his father's company, and when he suddenly passed away at his favorite tavern while reading the newspaper (as he did always), Hitler and the whole family collapsed in tears. The man who they all feared just so recently became a kind, gentle father and husband, and so quickly was taken from them.

Due to Alois' thriftiness, there was enough money in the family purse to live in modest means for some time. Gustav Hitler, one of the oldest sons (aged 18 by his father's death) agreed to take care of the family. The Hitler's sold their ranch for a sizable profit (their lawyer for the occasion was one of Alois' first friends in America and was very helpful), then moved to San Antonio for the job availabilities. Clara made sure that Adolph would not have to work, but instead focus on his studies and make it to higher education. Adolph was the one who was allowed to only spend time at school till he could go to college, and understood his burden he carried as his family's only chance to truly make it. He vowed to buckle up, and become the "Great Man" he always dreamed of being.

Last edited:
    Adolescence
  • "Adolescence is the time for a child to blossom into a man, or morph into a monster" - William Wordsworth

Adolescence (1903-1907):

The funeral the other day was a quiet one. Alois left the world at a time when more wanted him around then ever. Everyone, from grown up Gustav to little Paula cried the next few days. Clara too was heavily depressed, as being a widow was not easy. However, it was easier than it would have been a year ago. With the death of one of Alois best friends in 1902, Alois became paranoid of his own demise. He only confided his fears with Clara, and they agreed to plan every evening when the children were asleep how to help grow Adolph's future. Hancock, while a lovely little town, was not the best place to pursue advanced education, with Alois and Clara deciding that they would go in two years to live in San Antonio, and send Adolph to the most advanced parochial school in the city. Alois died one year before the plan was to be commenced, and thus the Hitler's moved to San Antonio one year early. Adolph and his siblings when packing up worked without complaint, maintaining the German value of obedience without question.

d3fd454a51827904eb29f5d91edf9521.jpg

(San Antonio, TX. This would be the Hitler's residence for decades to come.)

"I missed playing Cowboys and Indians with my friends near lake canyon" Adolf wrote in his journal, "though I have a feeling my mother wasn't so upset". Clara moving the family to San Antonio met one thing; Adolph was going to study every day to get a scholarship to a good Catholic University. Going to a top parochial school, Adolph understood his goal was not to make friends or play around, but to get the top marks. Hitler studied day and night, and he was reminded every day of what was at stake with all of his brothers besides Otto working (they had all completed the mandatory number of years of schooling) to help feed the family while Alois reserves paid for Adolph's tuition. "I am reminded of my father's blessings every time the tuition bill is signed" wrote Adolf in his journal.

Working day and night for top marks, Adolph developed a level of discipline he never had as the farm boy. He could not afford to let his whole family down. Otto wanted to become a professional to help the family in the future, and since he lacked Adolph's academic brightness, money was needed to send him to medical school (he wanted to become a doctor). Adolph even more needed to get a scholarship (Otto was prepared to get a blue collar job if Adolph needed the funds, but that was the most desperate move).

Besides his love for history, Adolph was fond of art. Entering his high school's art competition in 1906 (sponsored by St. Mary's University), his painting won first place. One art critic said that while the "people were mediocre, the buildings, especially for a high school student, was stunning". Through this art competition, he gained the attention of St. Mary's faculty. After being invited to an art event, he met the History Professor, Dr. Shinny, who was conversing with famous historian Frederick Jackson Turner. Turner and Shinny, after the brief "polite" small talk with Hitler, were both amazed by his grasp of American history at the young age of 17. After seeing his transcript, Turner offered his mother a chance to get a scholarship to obtain a scholarship in St. Mary's (Turner demanded a higher salary and greater benefits from John Hopkins, which they refused. St. Mary's gladly accepted). And so, Adolph, with his top grades, the confidence of Professor Turner, and his victory in the art competition, was granted a complete scholarship to St. Mary's, the oldest and most premier Catholic institution in the American Southwest, which also happened to be in the city of San Antonio.

If there was one thing Adolph learned, it was to get the confidence, friendship and trust of important people. He was not the most charismatic or charming of folk, yet he understood that knowing the game was half the battle.

Frederick_Jackson_Turner.jpg

(Professor Turner, one of the greatest historical minds in American history and a mentor of Adolf's to come.)

Many Historical scholars wonder to this day if Dr. Turner had not decided to embrace the young Adolph into the upper echelons of intellectual society, whether the status of race relations in America to this day would have steadily improved" - Adolf Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Last edited:
    Entrance to Success
  • "The Frontier is the process leading to rapid and complete Americanization" - The Significance of the Frontier in American History, by Frederick Jackson Turner, Ph.D.

Entering University (1907):

920x920.jpg

(St. Mary's University, 1907.)

Entering the University of his dreams, Adolph felt a buzz of excitement like no other. Achieving the scholarship "based on his excellence in the field of art as well as the recommendation of the history faculty", Hitler was ready to achieve what his parents had wanted him to do for so long. His mother, getting worse in her health, and his father deceased, meant that his success was necessary for the Hitler's to establish themselves. "At least my dear mother saw my acceptance letter" wrote Adolph in his journal. He was excited to meet his new American History professor, Dr. Turner. Dr. Turner left a remarkable impression on little Adolph when they last met a year ago, and Hitler wanted to impress his new mentor as much as possible.

Reaching the classroom for the lectures, he felt an immense rush. "I've made it!" Hitler internally exclaimed. After a few minutes of silent pause, the old door creaked, and Professor Turner walked into the room. Every student froze stiff, in awe of the historian who made the cherished "Frontier Thesis", and to learn from such a master was as great an honor as the admission itself.

"Gentlemen, I would first like to congratulate you on your admission". Before any student could reply, Dr. Turner stated, "Now that formalities are out of the way, let us begin with the lesson. Does anyone here know of the Frontier Thesis?".

Around half of students, including Adolph, shot his hand up. "Good. To those who have no idea of what it contains, here is a brief description. It is the theory that the frontier created a unique American identity, as European customs crumbled in the face of new, harsher realities. It was in this struggle amongst the frontier that millennium old hampering customs were abandoned, and a new, uniquely American identity based on democracy and rugged individualism was born."

Adolph raised his hand. Professor Turner acknowledged this with an affirmative nod, which then Hitler replied with, "Isn't it fair to suggest that those of non Anglo-Saxon ancestry who settled along the frontier, due to their experiences, morph into a being as equally American as the Anglo-Saxon settler?".

Professor Turner smirked. "My mission is complete. I have confirmed my prime pupil" thought Professor Turner to himself. He replied, with a tint of overt merry, "That claim is definitely legitimate. As long as through the experience of the frontier the man adopts English, the language of the founding fathers and the Constitution, then yes, there is a strong legitimacy to that. The American race isn't purely English by makeup".

The lecture continued for about another forty-minutes, after which Dr. Turner stated, "Gentlemen, I will not be your teacher for the undergraduate course of American History. I merely came to witness the fresh students, and examine the room. Your teacher is a brilliant thinker and a good friend of mine, Dr. Shinney. Good day to you gentlemen, and good luck with your studies".

After the church bell rang, the students briskly walked outside the classroom. Dr. Turner told Adolph to wait inside. When all the other students left, Dr. Turner turned to Hitler and said, "I am highly interested in your academic career due to the potential you bring. Would you care to meet me in my office for lunch three days from now?"

Adolph was stunned. He could sense the golden ladder crashing down to his face, ready for him to climb. After slight hesitation from shock and thrill, Adolph quickly replied, "Absolutely Pro-Professor. I would be honored".

Dr. Turner smirked, then walked away. Adolph hungrily eyed his trail, for that trail would be his trail to his goldmine.

Mentorship of the Young Mind
  • The Meeting (1907):

Adolph briskly walked across the halls of St. Mary's. He had left his dorm behind schedule and could not afford to be late for his fated meeting with Professor Turner. Even the odd glares he got from fellow students dud not slow him in the slightest. He had to make it.

When he reached the door (20 seconds late) of Professor Turner, he breathed slowly and opened the door with similar speed. "Welcome Mr. Hitler. You must be famished." "Sorry Professor, I'll pay you back- "There's no talk of payment Mr. Hitler. I just assumed you were hungry." "That I am sir." Hitler let out a little smile. "I'm sure the faculty food is of higher quality" Adolph said with a little grin, revealing his subtle and suppressed mischievous side. Both men chuckled. Professor Turner lightly commented, "I admire the Texan accent. There's a charm to it."

After a few minutes of eating some bean soup, Dr. Turner lifted his face up and asked Hitler, "What is your opinion of America?". Adolph swallowed his remaining bites, then replied rather timidly, "America is a nation founded by 39 extraordinarily wise and farsighted men, and is comprised of Caucasian Christians". Dr. Turner replied, "So you don't think your Catholic faith makes you less American?". "No sir, for one of the Founding Fathers was a Catholic, John Carroll I believe". Professor Turner smiled. "What a bright kid" thought Turner to himself. He knew he made the right choice.

After a few long but enjoyable seconds, Professors Turner said "Tell me about Texas, Mr. Hitler. I'm a Yank from Wisconsin." With a little smile forming in the corner of his lips, Adolph replied, "It is a state, founded By Steve Austin and his fellow settlers, and protected by Davie Crockett from the barbarous Mexican army". Intrigued, Dr. Turner asked, "What is your opinion of Mexico?". "A failed state that is. They could barely defeat a handful of Americans."

Right away, Adolph asked Professor Turner a question that was always in his head for quite some time. "Professor Turner, the Mexicans also had a frontier. Why did they fail?"

Professor Turner chuckled and commented

"The reason, Mr. Hitler, why that happened, from what I can tell, is that the character of the American frontiersmen is worth ten Mexicans. They may have had the frontier and all of the resources but they failed the industry and capability to advance themselves. America and Europe are two very different places, but our shared heritage allows for great success, whether it be the American frontiersman and his town-hall democracy that gives him the dignity most men could only dream of or the German whose diligence makes him one of the most efficient and successful peoples on the planet."

"So there is a scientific rationale behind this?"

"Yes, I do believe so. I have learned a great deal from my good friend, who is in fact the President of Princeton University. Have you heard of Dr. Woodrow Wilson?

"No sir."

"I will invite you to meet him one day."

"That would be an honor sir."

The two men got up from their chairs shook hands, and then Adolph left the room. Before he closed the door, Professor Turner said, "We will meet again soon." Adolph responded with a respectable bow.

St. Mary's Library:

"What is this list sir?"

"It is the list of students and faculty who wish to attend an event this Saturday where Dr. William Graham Sumner. He is apparently demanding a higher wage from Yale, and has not been granted one. Rumor says he might teach at St. Mary's, but rumors are just rumors."

Intrigued, Adolph signed up. His intellectual journey was about to begin.

Photo_of_William_Graham_Sumner.jpg

(William Graham Sumner, a great influence on Adolph Hitler and a mentor of Adolph for his last few years of his life.)

President_Wilson_1919.jpg

(Woodrow Wilson, another mentor of Hitler's for time to come.)

Last edited:
    Birth of an Ideology
  • A Warm Sumner Day (1907):

After a few weeks of study and course work, the big day had come. Circled on Adolph's calendar was the special event in which Professor William Graham Sumner of Yale, the first Sociology Professor in America, came for a lecture. Hitler could not wait to meet the man whose theories were beginning to change social understanding in its entirety.

Sumner discussed the major aspects of his work on Sociology, from folkways and social mores, to ethnocentrism and cultural diffusion. Adolph hungrily took down all the notes, fascinated by it's implications in history. He discovered all the major connections between societal frames and connected them with the rise and fall of societies as he jotted down his notes. However, as Sumner's illness impacted his ability to make a lengthy lecture, he could merely go over the basics. He apologized, suggested certain books, then lied down, close to collapse.

As most of the students walked away, many disappointed, Adolph walked towards Professor Sumner. He simultaneously excitedly and cautiously went towards the Professor, attempting conversation without intrusion. With great care, Adolph attentively asked, "Excuse me Professor, but are you doing well?" "I'm afraid not. I have had bad health since the decade before the century's end, and life has been quite difficult since. What is your name, young sir?". "Hitler, sir. Adolph Hitler." replied Adolph. "A German, aren't you? You're peoples are quite obedient ones." remarked Professor Sumner. "Well, I hope to adopt the industriousness and fitness of the American nation. I was in fact born in a town called Hancock in nearby Comal County, but I have lived in San Antonio for the past four years". "So you are in the process of cultural diffusion aren't you?" "I guess so sir" Adolph replied with a friendly laugh. "But seriously, that is what you are doing. You are assimilating into the American culture. But your Germanic heritage will make you different than Washington and Lincoln." "How so sir?" replied Adolph?

After a deliberate few seconds of intense thought and internal analysis, Professor Sumner replied, "because the cultural mores and folklore customs of the Englishman, such as the ancestors of Washington and Lincoln, have Americanized, their Americanization combines with that of Anglo culture, while your and your descendants Americanization will be that of a Germanic bent".

Intrigued, Adolph asked, "so does the distinctiveness of different peoples and races comes from their distinct social mores and societal customs?". "Yes. Their differing values is what truly separates them. For example, an Italian enjoys celebration and relaxation, and sees no problem with his siesta. To the German, that is a sign of laziness and ineptitude. The same actions and behaviors cause contradicting responses, leading to mutual distrust and eventually disdain."

Hitler was fascinated by the ideas being brought inside his impressionable mind. Many historians conclude that while Hitler always had the mild bigotry of his days, there was a chance that with his impressionable and intellectual mind he could have grown up to be a promoter of social harmony. However, historians point to Hitler's Presidential Diary and bestseller, My Struggle for the American People, the point of no return was when Adolph asked a certain question whose response would firmly plant the seed of his ideology's garden.

"Is that why the American and Mexican races could not live in peace with each other over the frontier?".

Professor Sumner was stunned by the question. Finally, a student of his, even much more a new one, had cracked the code of his understanding of the deep perils of ethnocentrism.

"Yes, do to differing social values and customs, the disdain easily turns into conflict over resources. Because the American and Mexican nations saw each other as aliens settling on their rightful national property, war was the only proper conclusion".

"And is the cultural divide why the Mexican government demanded that Steve Austin adopt the Spanish language and convert to Roman Catholicism?"

"Tongue and Creed provide the essential base for culture to evolve and specialize."

"And isn't it fair to point to the stunning victory of the American nation over the Mexican nation as a sign of the superiority of the American race?"

"That is certainly a fair conclusion. There is no other possible explanation greater than that to explain all the micro reasons for the American victory, as well as the scale of victory. As the English defeated the Spanish Armada, so did the American nation defeat the Mexican."

Now it was Hitler's turn to be stunned. While still germinating in his mind, already the concept of the nation-state and it's relationship with Race, Creed, Tongue and the other was forming in his mind.

"Now Adolph- it's Adolph right? (Hitler nodded) I am not feeling quite well. Could you take me to a hotel? I have the finances available, from transportation to boarding."

"I definitely could sir, but may I suggest another, perhaps far superior alternative?"

A bit annoyed by the slightly disobedient response but still mightily curious by his new pupil's response, Sumner demandingly inquired, "What is this superior option?".

After a slight lump in his throat, Adolph responded, "Sir, my family has a home in this city. It is quite comfortable, and you would not be charged a penny for anything. My brothers work for it's maintenance, and my sisters care for it. There is a guestroom where my deceased mother used to sleep, and I would be honored if you boarded there sir."

Deeply moved by his new mentee's kindness, he responded merrily with, "I am touched by your generosity Mr. Hitler and gladly accept".

Hitler responded with a wide grin, helping the Professor pack his possessions and brought them to a local carriage, where he brought the Professor to his family home. After discussing the situation with his siblings in a mix of German and English, Paula Hitler, Adolph's 11 year old sister cutely stated, "Welcome to your new home, Mister Sumner."

Professor Sumner smiled. He was happy to be in good company. He lived in the Hitler household till his death in 1910, and for those years he frequently met Hitler when he came back to the house. For the next three years, along with Hitler's serial meetings with Professor Turner in his office and with Professor (now retired) Sumner in the Hitler household.

That evening, Adolph wrote in his diary, "I am seeing the patterns of the irrefutable importance of nationhood and how competing nation states will always find sport and rivalry between each other at best. I am also convinced that society requires an identity, or it will collapse."

Battle-of-the-Alamo-Facts-Featured.jpg

(The Alamo would serve as a divine concept for Hitler and play a crucial role in the forming of Hitlerism. His visit of the site in 1908 would be of monumental importance to his ideological evolution and mindset.)

National-stereotypes.jpg

(Pages 4-5 of Hitler's entry for his Senior year Art Competition, A Visual Examination of the Different Races through the Tales of Terrance Towney, 1911. He used a jolly English traveler as his main character.)

Last edited:
    The Romanian Revolution
  • (1905):

With the stunning defeat of Czarist Russia at the hands of the Imperial Japanese army and navy during the Sino-Japanese war, when it ended in 1905, the Russians were in no shape to dictate anything. From the masters of Eurasia to the disgrace of Europe, Russia sulked towards isolationism for the next few years, embroiled in violent revolution.

Sensing the right time to strike, the peasants of Romania with all their grievances, declared a revolution against the monarchy of King Carol I. Angry over the distribution of land ownership, which was dominated mostly by a few landlords (many of them foreigners). Originally denounced by the left-wing intelligentsia of Romania, as the revolt became more organized, it was quickly supported by those who wanted real change in the nation and not just senseless violence and chaos. Chief amongst those was socialist journalist and politician George Panu, who for his whole career fought for the commoner classes of Romania.

Beginning in Moldova (Romanian controlled part), the revolt spread down all across the nation. The turning point of the revolution was in the Battle of Comanesti. A professional Romanian army was defeated by the intense dedication and morale of the peasants, and many soldiers, seeing the peasants as not their enemy but fellow grieving countrymen, joined the rebellion. General Constantin Prezan and the head of a cavalry unit named Ion Antonescu switched sides to the rebellion, sensing that the people supported the peasants and their struggle. Romania's industrial workers, sensing an opportunity to fairer wages and obtain proper worker's rights, gladly supported the revolution.

A_cavalry_patrol_watching_the_burning_of_farmhouses_by_the_rioters_near_Bujeu.jpg

(Retreating Royal Romanian troops witness the rebels burn down a loyalist landlord's large farmhouse, 1905.)

In order to gain the support of most rank-and-file Romanians, George Panu travelled across the country, demanding his audiences that they stay strong and remove "the Barbarian from the eastern stronghold of Rome". Romanian nationalism in opposition towards a German-speaking Catholic monarch was strong, especially with the pitiful situation the Romanian nation was in.

When the rebellion finally reached Bucharest in late of 1905, King Carol I realized he was no longer safe in the nation. He packed up his bags, and self-exiled himself to his home of Sigmaringen (under the German Empire's control) with his family, and left his court in a hurry. Alexandru Averescu, Marshall of the loyalist forces, committed dramatic suicide with poison and then falling from a window at the same time (some accounts say he was quite drunk, and thus the bobbling moved him out of the open window).

Ion Antonescu for the months of the rebellion became best of friends with George Panu. They both shared their dream of a Romanian nation that fought for the Romanian people's interests (however, Panuism and Antonescuism would be mirroring yet opposing strands of political thought in Romanian political conscience for the next century). After the overthrowing of the royal regime after the battle of Bucharest (December 1905), the famous Christmas celebration in 1906 came, in which the revolution, now led by George Panu, a household name by then, declared his candidacy for the Presidential elections under his party, the Agrarian-Socialist Party of Romania. The Conservative-Republican Party of Romania (of Conservatives in the state who wished to emphasize their loyalty to the Republic post-revolution) and the Liberal Party of Romania (representing the mercantile and middle-class constituencies of Romania) also declared their candidates, yet Panu won the election with 77% of the vote.

Faced with absolute condemnation by the established powers of Europe, President Panu understood the need for alliances. Stating that his government was based off the French Republic, he wrote to French President Émile Loubet that "our nations share common blood, tongue and system". President Panu sent himself into the French orbit, and also made sure that the other nations of Europe understand that the rebellion was an internal matter and that the Republic of Romania had no interest and/or concern with the spread of revolutionary frenzy. President Panu also during his term (1906-1910; he died in office) developed Romania's crucial oil industry, increasing Romania's geopolitical importance tenfold. Defense Minister Antonescu, while incredibly young at age 25, was a military mastermind and was successful in modernizing aspects of the Romanian army (however he was greatly concerned that it still did not match the military capability or efficiency of the Kingdom of Hungary, by no means the crème de la crème of European military might and prowess).

The Romanian Republic was under the French sphere of influence. However, the conservatives lay their loyalty with the German Empire. Trouble was bound to come to Romania once again.

Gheorghe_Panu_Cismigiu.jpg

(George Panu (1848-1910) served as Romania's first President. His politics valued education reform, social upliftment, and pacifistic nationalism.)

Ion_Antonescu.jpg

(Ion Antonescu (photograph in his elder state), the nation's first Defense Minister and a man of other titles. He valued economic modernization, militarism, and blood-based nationalism and majoritarianism.)

Republic of Romania:

Government: Agrarian Socialist Party of Romania
    Opposition: Conservative-Republican Party of Romania, Liberal Party of Romania

The Cabinet:

(President is Head of State)

President: George Panu

Prime Minister: Nicolae Iorga

Minister of Finance: Radu Rosetti

Minister of Justice: Constantin Stere

Minister of Foreign Relations: Constantin Dobrogeanu-Gherea

Minister of Labor: Christian Rakovsky

Minister of War: Ion Antonescu

Minister of the Cults and Public Instruction: Titu Maoirescu

Grand Marshall of Romanian Armed Forces: Constantin Prezan

A_cavalry_patrol_sabring_the_rioters_in_the_streets_of_Comanesti.jpg

(The Battle of Comanesti (1907) was an iconic turning point in the revolution as well as Romanian history itself.)

United States of America (1908):

"It is clear to me that a strong sense of national identity is the key to success for a nation-state. Even the backward and pitiful Romanians, ruled for millennium by men of foreign tongues, demonstrated the capabilities of a nation state with a strong sense of identity and purpose. The Romanian Revolution also emphasizes that a state must never forget the common man, for his hard work and moral values is what makes the nation strong in the first place. The only path to success is harmony with one's identity and with the people as an organic whole." - The Diary of Adolph Hitler, 1908.

Last edited:
    Election of 1908
  • The Election of 1908:

The United States under the Roosevelt administration was experiencing prosperity like no other. The United States economy was growing everyday, progressive reforms passed more quickly then before, and a general positive feeling swept the nation. The panic of 1907 was much gone (and with it came some sensible reform), and the Republican candidate William Howard Taft was a sure winner.

The Democratic party nominated for the third time, William Jennings Bryan, dubbed "The Great Commoner", for President of the United States. Loved by the nation's farmers in the South and the West, Bryan was a champion for the common man and campaigned on a progressive platform which criticized what they saw in the Roosevelt administration as "government by privilege". Yet, just like in 1900, Bryan was undercut by Roosevelt's progressivism and popularity, and Taft was not seen as the staunch bearer of Conservatism at a time where that would have meant defeat. And just like the previous elections (especially 1896), Bryan failed to obtain the vote of organized labor.

1908.jpg

(Political Cartoon by Puck Magazine, 1908. The cartoon demonstrated the popular mood of the campaign.)

Born in a German-American community in Texas Hill Country, Hitler was a Republican. While prevented from voting due to his age, Adolph acknowledged that coming from a Republican family and also a fan of Roosevelt and his confident leadership, he would have voted for Taft in '08. However, he admitted in his journal to admiring Bryan as well, preferring his personality over Taft.

"While Taft is the better man to win at this given time, I am extremely impressed by the dedication Bryan has put into public service. Certainly this comes from his Christian faith, which provides him the moral clarity and direction to continue the good fight. I believe Bryan has lost due to his continuing failure connecting with the laborer and his struggles. An alliance between the farmer and the laborer is required for any populist movement to spring. Hopefully, he will be given the chance to lead this nation one day." - The Diary of Adolph Hitler, 1908.

Election Results:

1908_Electoral_Map.png

Popular vote:

genusmap.php

Taft/Sherman (Blue)
    Bryan/Kern (Red)

Last edited:
    Adolph and the Alamo
  • Alamo, San Antonio, Texas (1909):

alamo.jpg

(The Alamo, San Antonio. One of the "13 totems of American Civilization". The "13 totems" were 13 historical sites and buildings honored by the Hitler administration as landmarks emphasizing
    the American spirit. The 13 was to honor the 13 colonies.)

Visiting the Alamo three quarters a century after it's occurrence, Adolph felt a rush of excitement not encountered by himself since his acceptance to St. Mary's. Here he was, at the location where Davy Crockett fought off the tenfold largest Mexican army, "with tenfold courage" as Adolph put it, with his mentor Professor Turner. After Hitler's superb results in finals, Professor Turner decided that Adolph would love being treated to see his idol's last stand.

"Here was the place where Santa Anna's men fought Davy Crockett and the pioneers", Hitler mumbled to himself in awe. He felt a great power in himself, channeling the pioneer spirit that lay before him.

Professor Turner gazed at his pupil. He sensed the sheer fortitude and dedication in his mentee, and was in awe of the potential he saw before himself. "He will definitely obtain a post-doctorate" Turner thought to himself. Unaware of his mentor's observations and fascinations, Adolph continued staring at the site. Finally, after a few observation and reflection based minutes, Hitler turned his head around, asking Professor Turner "was it really ten to one?".

"Just about" replied Professor Turner, "Just about". Few seconds later, and with great care, Adolph inquired, "these men were frontiersmen, correct?". "Yes they were. Texas at the time was very much the frontier of America at the time, especially for the South." "So the men who fought at the Alamo were the most American out of any American of their time?". "Yes, for they settled out west, lived in the harsh frontier, gave up the strangling customs of Europe, and became Americans."

Adolph pondered about this. "If much of Americanization through the frontier is abandoning the crippling aspects of Europe, then the American nation must be patient, steadfast and learn from the mistakes of Europe. We will innovate in the arts and the sciences, but not in the dramas of society." wrote Adolph in his journal (he kept a journal for his thoughts and a diary for his intimate secrets and daily transactions).

"So Professor Turner, is then the spirit of Texas more American that that of New York City?" "Yes, for the habits of the old world die out in the frontier. While the Fennian in Five points may have had to sail across the Atlantic for his new settlement, the established city life and the social structures allows him to maintain most of the Irish in him, and thus giving little room for the American in him to grow. But over a few generations, Americanization will take place, albeit slower and less complete. But the Irish American whose grandparents were born in Manhattan in 1839 certainly are more American then their grandparents."

"But then why have the Negroes and Spanish not assimilate even though they have been here longer than the Irishman or my people, the Germans?"

"That is a very good question, Mr. Hitler. I do not quite know the answer, but I have heard that question before. I have a very good friend who is working on a thesis that relates to the subject you have pointed to. I think you'll enjoy meeting him, and when you graduate here, I will definitely have you meet him. Possibly sooner."

"If I might ask, Professor Turner, who might that gentleman be?"

"It would be the esteemed President of Princeton University, Dr. Woodrow Wilson".

That evening, in his dorm, Adolph gathered his thoughts and wrote in his journal his thoughts. Just a few days earlier, Hitler had finished reading a book on the life of George Washington.

"The Mexican state was founded by a serial gambler and drinker Santa Anna, whose intellect matched that of a cow hide. He was the one who challenged Davy Crockett at the Alamo, in his own neighborhood mind you, and failed to deliver a crushing blow par excellence. His recklessness, instead of being admonished by the Mexican race, was rewarded fivefold, with his return to power as great as his serial falls. Their race is made up of mindless followers who lack the basic principles of reason and morality, and are the antithesis to the American nation state, founded by wise elders whose ideas crafted the most stable state in the Americas without the soul-crushing thumb of Europe. It is due to reason, morality and a sense of civic duty that such a nation state is possible, and it is reflected upon wise men in our nation, such as Jefferson, Adams, Hamilton and Washington. Washington, like the rest of the founding fathers, created a state based upon their grand and ingenious sensibilities, and thus created a nation in their glorious image. But just like Santa Anna pales further in their image, their people pale further in comparison to ours. Both of our nations originated from colonial domination of Europe, both had heterogeneity found in their ranks, and both were filled with vast natural resources blessed by the lord. But while the Mexican race fails as mentioned before in greater detail, the American, as exemplified by Davy Crockett, is both made up of a sense of agency and a deeply moral conscience. The American on his own, with his family and community, ventures out into the brave new world and betters it. Just south of us, lies great failure, and if we forget our values and what our founders fought for, we will decline into the abyss that resides South of the Rio Grande." - The Journal of Adolph Hitler, March 1909.

1200.jpg

(The Founding Fathers were the epitome of excellence to Hitler and his worldview, and they provided much of the greater ideals he wished to pursue as a politician, as well as implement them in his imagined folklore of the American nation.)

Santa_Anna1.jpg

(Santa Anna was often compared by Washington in Hitler's works and ideas for comparing the "enlightened" American nation-state with the "barbarous" Mexican nation-state.)

David_Crockett.jpg

(Davy Crockett embodied the "Ideal Frontiersman", a subgroup of the "Ideal Americans" that Hitler would develop in his ideology. To Adolph he represented the American values of bravery, determination and rugged individualism that made up the character of the frontier and it's inhabitants. He compared the "Ideal Frontiersman" to the "Wretched Bandito", describing Mexicans in the frontier who he saw as "blessed with liberties of the frontier" but "choosing to live like the animals that roam it than the men who make it". )

battle-of-alamo.jpeg

(To Adolph, the Alamo served as the battleground between good and evil. He viewed the forces of evil as larger, however he viewed them as less principled. He called upon every American to "defend their Alamo from the hearts of evil", and challenged them to "summon the Davy Crockett in them".)

Last edited:
    A Sumner's End
  • Sailing to a new League:

Professor Turner frequently mentioned in Hitler's later years in the undergraduate program that he was bargaining for an excellent deal with Princeton University, where his good friend Wilson, President of Princeton, was. Professor Turner dreamed of having Adolph by his side as his graduate student, and so he coached him excessively on how to get in. His big recommendation was to right a top-notch paper on historical analysis that offered fresh insight. Adolph, having recently went over the Ottoman Empire in World History Class, decided that he would write about the battle of Lepanto and its modern social and cultural implications. Here is an excerpt:

"The Battle of Lepanto in 1571 was a turning point in European history and of the Occident's trajectory. Fearing the Mohammedan's might from the Turkish armies and fleet, diverse populations across Europe fought to defend Christian Europe. They chose to forget their petty differences and fight for their culture, their church, and their shared heritage. And the Turk was repelled from Europe, never to land in the shores of Italy ever again. This memorable moment in history reflects two great truths; in a common enemy people unify, and in their unifications they achieve great things. When there is common purpose and unity within a group, they achieve much more. Yet, as the Lord intended it, no tribe can be universal. Each tribe has a castle, with members inside its walls, and members outside its wall. A tribe also has a castle since it must defend it's territory, otherwise, when the walls crumble, the tribe is vulnerable and will soon perish. Great leaders of the tribe are like the Kings as they provide the necessary leadership for survival and growth, and those who defend the tribe are like the castle's knights."-Adolph Hitler.

Battle_of_Lepanto_1571.jpg

(The Battle of Lepanto, like the battle of the Alamo, served as an icon for Hitler and his ideology. The various states banding together for the Holy League against the Turks was used by Hitler as an allegory for the need of disparate groups to unify under the American banner.)

"Hitler's entrance paper for Princeton's graduate program was phenomenal. It's sharp language, concise points, and strong usage of visuals that appealed to the cultural sensibilities of primarily Anglo Princeton board was essential for his entrance into Old Nassau. Unfortunately, it also represented his racist and bigoted ideology, which explains why his legacy, especially as a Princeton graduate, is so heavily debated on Princeton campus." - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

"The choice of Lepanto as his topic for entrance into Princeton reflects an often overlooked aspect of Adolph's worldview. While often understood as the standard-bearer of American right-wing nationalism in the 20th century, his Catholicism was an essential part of his identity. Hitler was a devout Catholic, and greatly connected with the idea of Catholic knights defending the realm of the Papacy and its environs from an invasion from the Orient suggests his need to not only demonstrate the role Catholics played in championing Western civilization, but also that he gravitated to anything that glorified Catholicism from an unequivocally Western point."-Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Of Monroe and Doctrine:

After reading more and more about the presidency of James Monroe, Adolph became infatuated with the man. Hitler once exclaimed in his journal about President Monroe that "I have never seen such unity in the American nation since the reign of Washington, and never has it returned since!". Frequently discussing Monroe with Professor Turner and reading about his presidency constantly in the University library, Adolph was becoming an expert on James Monroe. His adoration and admiration for the Monroe administration was clear a speech he gave in Winchester, Indiana, stating:

"Like President Monroe, I believe in national unity over divisive partisanship. Like President Monroe, I believe in the sanctity of America's borders, clearly demonstrated in the Monroe doctrine."

"Presidents such as Jackson, Lincoln and Monroe were amongst Adolph's Presidential favorites. Numerous factors went into his admiration for all three, yet it was their belief in the unity of the nation over regionalism and partisanship was what truly brought them into Hitler's adoration." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

monroe-doctrine1.png

(The Monroe doctrine was an essential aspect of Hitler's ideology. He believed it provided the explanation and emphasis of America as a nation stationed in the Americas, and not tied to the destiny of Europe. He also believed that is allowed for the focus on the development of the frontier, which lead to the creation of the uniquely American culture.)

Good bye, Old Friend:

William Sumner's health was not doing well. His discussion with Adolph were becoming shorter and shorter, and his ability to help around the house was becoming less and less (but he still helped the young Hitler children in their schoolwork till his final week of life). Two weeks before his death, he had a discussion with Hitler. "There is something I want to teach you before I pass away from this world, Adolph." To which Hitler earnestly replied, "What is that, sir?". "With great gusto, Sumner replied, "I sense that you are perusing great things in your life. Never ever ignore the forgotten man wherever you are." "Who is the forgotten man?" "The forgotten man is the hardworking member of the middleclass, who unlike the king and the aristocrat lacks the grandeur and shares the spectacle of the serf, but unlike the serf has the economic power to punch back. The general docility of America's backbone has always been, and will always be a plague in the American nation. I do not want you to be a part of that".

Adolph absorbed Sumner's words with great alacrity. With a smile, Hitler responded, "I greatly appreciate the wisdom you have imparted upon me, as you always have".

Hearing those words, a large lump appeared in Sumner's throat. After a small sigh and few seconds silence, he responded measuredly and appropriately with,"Adolph, I really want to thank you for the kindness you have demonstrated towards me. I have greatly enjoyed my discussions with you, and am so grateful for the family you have provided me." A big tear in his eye, Hitler replied, "but of course sir". "You don't have to call me sir, Adolph. You are the son I never had." A small tear emerged in Hitler's right eye. Rushing to hug his mentor, Sumner chuckled and responded with his arms open, ready for a big hug.

On April 12, 1910, William Charles Sumner passed away in his sleep. The next morning, the Hitler household mourned and then prepared for the funeral. Edmund Hitler wrote to his brother about the news, and when Hitler got in in the mail and opened his letter, he collapsed, burst into tears, and cried harder than he ever did since the death of his father Alois. Hitler had lost his second father-figure in his life. Rushing to his third, he bolted towards Professor Turner's office. Ignoring the general formalities of his entrance, he looked straight into Professor Turner's eyes and barely croaked out , "Professor Sumner is dead". A deep sense of both hurt and purpose jolted Sumner. He was depressed that his friend for the past three years had died, and was deeply saddened by the fact that Adolph lost such an instrumental father figure in Sumner. He went up to the crying Hitler, gave him a small hug, and promised himself that he would make sure that he was the father figure that Alois and Sumner were to Hitler.

The funeral was held a week after Sumner's death in the 19th of April. The attendance was medium, including Adolph and the Hitler family, relatives of Sumner, students and faculty of Yale who had become close to Sumner, and also Professor Turner (he might as well have been considered a part of the Hitler family in terms of his visit). The funeral gave Hitler some piece, writing in his diary, "The Sacrament of the Christian funeral gives me great peace, as it shows the love God has for his followers". After the funeral, Hitler went back to his dorm, where he took a long nap.

7335c35b02f71149c2204b429c849a61.jpg

(An American painting showing a cemetery and grievers, it was one of Hitler's favorites. Art gave Adolph comfort throughout his whole life, allowing him expression where it would otherwise have been suppressed.)

To the Land of Princes
  • Saying Goodbye:

After obtaining a bachelors in World History, a minor in Intermediate Art and a Masters in American History in 1912 (it took Adolph only a year to get his masters, he was commented as being "an exceptionally bright student with limitless possibilities" by his class professor), it was time to get enrolled into Princeton. With his paper on Lepanto and it's cultural connotations a smashing success (as well as his final master's degree paper on Alamo and the frontier) and his strong endorsement by the newly recruited Professor of American history Frederick Jackson Turner at Princeton, Hitler was all set to don the orange and black.

Adolph rushed back back home to tell his siblings the good news. Hugs, kisses, and long, long monologues consumed the afternoon, before the carriage had summoned Hitler to go to the Train Station. After boarding the train (in two minutes he would have been late), Hitler was filled with the jitters. Adolph could not wait to go to an Ivy League school so famed and prestigious as Princeton University.

Reaching Old Nassau:

After reaching his destination, Adolph noticed his old professor, waving enthusiastically and holding a large suitcase. After sprinting as steadily as he could, Hitler asked his mentor, "what is in that suitcase?". Turner cheerfully responded, "Your Princeton University suit. You must where these to attend my class, so why not wear them now to my your session?". Adolph mused his mentor's reply, replying, "Is class really today?". "Oh mister Hitler, everyday is a chance to learn." Both men started laughing, ranging from a slight chuckle to a laughing spree warranting an inquiry of insanity from concerned outside observers. "Come, mister Hitler. To celebrate your admittance into this fine institution, after church we shall go visit the bay and have a grand old time. But for starters I shall give you a personal tour of Nassau Hall". Hitler heartily responded with a deep "thank you", with the two men then heading out into the peculiar and unique world that was the old Yankee Northeast.

conocopc076.jpg

(Princeton University, circa 1912. One of the most influential University's in America History, by the 1950's three presidents in American history held a degree from the fine institution.)

A scent of Fishy Cologne:

In 1912, the German Nation was at it's peak. With colonies overseas and bustling industries at home, Deutschland was happy and prosperous. Eager to demonstrate his nation's prowess (and prove his own manhood), Kaiser Wilhelm organized "patriotic military marches" across Germany, including the illustrious and industrious city of Cologne.

Vice-Mayor of Colonge Konrad Adenauer was highly suspicious and deeply worried by what he labelled as "Prussian Militarism". "They think that since they have conquered the Pole and have subdued the French that they can take over the affairs of all of Christendom and beyond" Adenauer once commented on the Prussian elite to a group of close friends in an evening gathering. The city's civil servants saw a grave look on his face that "should not form on those twenty years above his age". Feeling disturbed by the whole event, after his formal attendance for the local parade (accompanied by the mandatory handshakes), he went outside to a local garden, muttering "God bless Germany." He sensed a great disturbance, one only noticed by those with the mental alacrity to do so, along with freedom from the mental hindrance known as jingoism.

Konrad-Adenauer.jpg

(Pictured here in his later years, Adenauer was one of the most profound politicians in German History. Among many titles, Historians gave him the appellation, "The Conscience of Germany".)

An unexpected gift:

Hitler was happy. He enjoyed his one-on-one tour of University grounds by Professor Turner, and loved his new dormitory. "This is what Northeastern feels like" Hitler commented approvingly of his comfortable new place. On his bed however, he noticed something strange. Underneath his bed, a little jagged white corner stuck out like a sore thumb, grabbing his attention. He picked up his pillow, and low and behold, he saw a mail card. Frantically opening it up, Adolph could not believe his eyes. In golden letters, it said:

To: Adolph Hitler

The golden ladder had finally come crashing down, to the land of princes.

Last edited:
    Following the Leader's Footsteps
  • August 18, 1912:

state.jpg

(The New Jersey State House in modern times. Some historians, such as David McCullough, refer to it as "the scene of the crime".)

Hitler could not be happier. Here he was, just one out of many graduate students, being invited to meet the Democratic Presidential candidate, Governor of the state and former President of the University, Dr. Woodrow Wilson. He felt like Dorothy and the crew visiting the Doctor (Hitler's favorite fiction book was the Wizard of Oz), enchanted by the golden journey he felt in every step he took up the Governor's mansion, enthused to hear what the Wizard would offer.

Reaching the grand entrance of the New Jersey state house, Hitler hesitantly knocked. After just a moment's wait, a bureaucrat, around the age of 54, opened the door with the vigor of a sloth. He stared straight into the eyes of the graduate student, wondering whether he was genuine or whether his employer was merely mocking him for the nth time. With a slight croak in his voice, he asked:

"11:00 o'clock, Mister Hitler, is that correct?"

With a wide grin and avaricious eyes, Adolph feverishly responded, "Yes".

Dr. Wilson was violently tapping his fingers on his desk. Just the other day Professor Turner excited the Governor about his latest pupil, and Wilson wanted to participate in the development of the talented youngster. Wilson's last words to Turner were "He better not disappoint".

"The meeting between the young Adolph and Governor Wilson dramatically changed Hitler's perspective. Coming into the New Jersey state house was a bigot, coming out was a racial demagogue in the making." -
    Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

With a mix of boredom and amusement, the bureaucrat informed Hitler of the frustrations of majority of guests at the State House. "Many guests who come for important business get lost without the counsel and direction of a veteran employee." Adolph chuckled, and during his presidency noted "that while the radio and the automobile greatly altered the nation's attitude at large, the bureaucrat's indecisiveness and lack of vigor has maintained in full force."

Finally reaching his destination, Adolph gazed at the golden plaque with great awe. "Governor Woodrow Wilson, PhD" Hitler with utter deference (but utterly failed to understand the snobbery, much to his benefit). Adolph examined the golden knob (he didn't just call Wilson his golden ticket for his great help), and with sweaty palms and an ambitious drive, opened the door slowly.

"Welcome Adolph, I have been expecting you".

A rush of excitement almost overtook the Ivy League student, yet Adolph realized that the admiration in the relationship at this point was one sided.

"Thank you so much for inviting me Governor Wilson."

"Mister Hitler, do you drink tea?"

"Not an enthusiast, no, but I can certainly drink some today."

"Ah yes. The German is known for his fondness of Liquor."

An awkward silence ensued for a few seconds, ending with Hitler's determination to fulfill his ambitions.

"Governor Wilson, what is the topic you wished to discuss with me at this hour?".

"Oh yes. Good question. I wanted to first inform you that I wished to mentor you, alongside with Professor Turner. He has told me wonderful tales of your proper temperament and passion for knowledge."

Hitler gulped, flustered by his mentor's ravishing compliments he bestowed upon the Governor. "Thank you for the kind words, Governor."

"No worries mister Hitler. Your polite demeanor and punctuality have already greatly impressed me. I generally don't like Germans, but you are quite the exception."

"Are your receiving me with affirmation due to the culturally anglo traits I exhibit? I am certainly not an Englishmen but I feel that being born in the United States gravitates me much closer to the Anglo-Saxon who has become an American through the frontier than the German who flaunts his Teutonic heritage in the mountains of Silesia."

Wilson's jaw dropped as large as his stoic face could possibly render. Not only did the young history student before him demonstrate an impressive knowledge of different cultures around the globe, but also ever so skillfully described one of the essential results that the frontier thesis proposed. "Professor Turner certainly molded his talent well" the Governor thought to himself.

"You demonstrate an incredible understanding of the basis of nations at such a young age. I see great potential in you."

"Thank you for those kind words, Governor. Adolph was greatly touched by his superior's complimenting words.

"Mister Hitler, what are your thoughts on race"

"I am not knowledgeable of the subject. In Texas where I'm from there is much discussion of race, however not so much from the German dominated region I am from."

"And where would that be?"

"Texas Hill Country."

"Well, mister Hitler. I am an expert on the issue of race. What if I told you that there is undisputable* evidence that the different races are not only biologically separate, but also greatly differ in intelligence?"

"While the few Negroes* I have witnessed have not displayed large quantities of intelligence, I did not presume that this was a reflection on the whole race. Certainly there is a ratio amongst the white race in terms of degrees of intelligence."

With a slight yet noticeably wicked smile, Wilson, with a certain despicable jest, responded with, "What is Europe known for?".

After giving the question a few seconds of deep though, Adolph responded, "Knights and castles, mountains and plains, towns and cities, and Christianity".

"And Africa?"

"Primitive tribes and pagan faiths."

"You mean savages living in mud huts."

The bluntness of the otherwise sophisticated Wilson rattled Adolph's mind. Hitler realized that these views were held in high esteem by the Governor, and as a revered intellectual from Princeton, Adolph assumed that these views were right. After another hour of deep discussion with the Governor, Hitler packed his bag, thanked his new mentor, and was about to leave the room, when Wilson abruptly asked him, "Mister Hitler, I have been wondering about something for the past few months".

"What is it, Governor?"

"I was wondering that if, I become president, and if a great issue comes in my way, whether I should follow my intuition or not. Whether I implement my ideals or not".

"Well sir, since in our wonderful and invigorating discussion you have appeared to me as a man of great intelligence and virtue, I see no reason for you to implement the policies you personally favor".

"Thank you, mister Hitler. And one more thing."

"Yes, Governor?"

"It's about that. You can call me sir, as you address Dr. Turner."

Adolph smiled, beaming with happiness. Having just lost a dear mentor two years prior, Hitler cherished having another intellectual father figure.

"I shall see you relatively often, whether I am bestowed the highest office in the land or not."

"Thank you sir".

Wilson gave a little smile, one which would send slight shivers across Hitler's spine had it not been for the tremendous respect he recently garnered for him. With that, Hitler opened the golden knob, closed the door, and left the building.

While smiling, Wilson thought to himself, "I have found the future champion of the cause"

"I am wholly convinced that the Negro is a tremendous threat to the white civilization in the North American continent. Not only is he low in intelligence, but he is also vicious and savage, just like the Indian. Unlike the Indian however, he has not been subjugated, and has only been recently empowered by rabid intellectuals in certain cabals. Race is a primary and defining factor of what an American is, as proven from Wounded Knee to the massive failure known as Reconstruction" - Academic paper published by Adolph Hitler, 1925.

"During the era of President Hitler, black folk were lynched, robbed of their dignity repeatedly, and utterly marginalized from the mainstream. Yet, with discipline and dignity, black folk responded with a smile and peacefully protested against the grave injustices during Hitler's reign. It wasn't the first time black folk had gone through serious injustice, and it wouldn't be the last. Yet, as proven yet again under the Hitler era, black folk overcome the attempts to rob their human dignity as no one can deny the holy rights bestowed upon by our creator." - Medgar Evers, renowned civil rights activist, nobel peace prize laureate and State Senator of Mississippi (1999-2009).

president_woodrow_wilson_po.jpg

"Woodrow Wilson was one of Hitler's three main mentors during his intellectual upbringing.
    He was critical to the development of the racial tenets of Hitlerism, and is seen by historians
    as the most negative influence of the three mentors. While his presidency itself was of enormous
    historical significance, many historians regard his influence on the even more impactful presidency of
    Adolph Hitler as his most important contribution to the annals of History" - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

Following the Monarch:

Heinrich Himmler, born in1900 to a Conservative Catholic family in Munich, was named after his godfather, Prince Heinrich of Bavaria, the pupil of Himmler's father Gebhard. With constant visits from his godfather, Heinrich adopted his father's love of royalty and authority at a young age. He had many impactful experiences with this godfather growing up, but one was of particularly importance:

"As a young school boy attending a prestigious grammar school my father was deputy principal, I felt the need to prove myself academically constantly. As a shy boy who greatly lacked in athletics, I was a constant victim of bullying, and thus my confidence shrank and shrank. I could not fight for myself, but could only cry once I came back home, much to my father's dismay.

One day, during the September of 1912, the bullying miraculously stopped. Ludwig and Adolf, my greatest tormentors, had barely given me a notice. In fact, I remember my zip was not pulled up, but I only discovered this on my own when I stared at the ground.

Once break was commenced, I was summoned to my father's room in the deputy principal's office. Standing there was my Godfather, Prince Heinrich. I darted to my Godfather with glee, asking him frantically "Godfather, Godfather why are you here!". He replied "Because young Heinrich, I had summoned the parents of your bullies and had a candid conversation with them". At home, my father explained to me that it was due to the power and prestige of Prince Heinrich's royal authority that my tormentors ceased bullying me. And from that day onward, I had learned a valuable lesson: always
    befriend the powerful, as that is my path to power and prestige" - The Diary of Heinrich Himmler

Heinrich+Himmler+-++Großgermanisches+Reich+Deutscher+Nation+-+Third+Reich+-+NSDAP+-+Adolf+Hitler+-+Deutschland.jpg

(Known as "the Shadow of the German right", Heinrich Himmler was one of the most impactful politicians in Weimar Germany. His skills in political organization were as essential for the DNVP to blossom into a nationwide party as was Goebbels rhetoric, Hugenburg's wealth and connections, and Ludendorff's image.)

Key notes:

1) The theories of racial superiority and a racial gap in intelligence have not only been absolutely debunked today, even during the time of Wilson the evidence was not accurate and only managed to flourish due to the dominance of racism in academia. As a member of said racist academia, Wilson believed in the accuracy of said racial theories, and that is why he called them "undisputable". While sadly endorsed at the time, such ideas are rightfully pushed into the retarded margins of hate. Hating people on the basis of race is both evil and stupid.

2) Racist language in this TL is only used for the context of the era and also to emphasize the importance of race and racism in this TL. Just as racist viewpoints will be present in this TL, so will righteous viewpoints of Walter Francis White, W.E.B. Dubois and later in the TL Medgar Evers (as mentioned earlier).

Last edited:
    Election of 1912
  • The Election of 1912 was as much a fight between Progressives and Conservatives within the GOP as it was a competition between the Republican and Democratic parties. With President Taft's firing of Gifford Pinchot from his post of Chief of the United States Forest Service in 1910, Roosevelt's belief that the Executive branch should act in trust busting while Taft's insistence that it was the role of the judicial branch to do so, and Taft's signing of the Payne-Aldrich Tariff Act of 1909 (Progressives were angered by the creeping hand of corporate America over the decisions of Tariff policy), the GOP was more divided than it had ever been since its inception in 1854.

Roosevelt decided he could no longer accept Taft and the Conservative wing's rise in influence in the GOP, and fought against Taft in the primaries, utterly victorious against the sitting president. Yet, the conservative party establishment chose to back Taft, and Taft was able to eek out a victory through the overwhelming support from the Southern delegates. This greatly angered Roosevelt and his progressive supporters, as they cited the key factor that the South was essentially backwater for the GOP as it was dominated by the Democratic party, and thus, since Roosevelt won in the North, where it in fact actually mattered electorally for the GOP, they argued that the Rough Rider should become the nominee for the Party of Lincoln once more. Thus, when the Chicago convention nominated President Taft for a second term, the Progressive/Roosevelt faction felt justified in their walkout and nomination of their own ticket, now for the Progressive Party.

The campaign was dominated on how Progressive and involved the federal government ought to be, whether with labor regulations, tariffs, trustbusting, etc. Roosevelt championed "New Nationalism", or a strong federal government championing progressive causes, while Wilson championed "New Freedom", or a more limited Federal Government championing progressive causes (President Taft argued that progressive causes should be enforced by courts instead of executive agencies). Adolph was torn on whether to vote for Roosevelt, as he agreed more with the principles of New Nationalism, and was a registered Republican, yet his personal acquaintance with Wilson made the choice much more difficult. That, and the fact that as President, Roosevelt invited Civil Rights leader Booker T. Washington in 1901 for dinner, which Hitler called "a dangerous precedent". Adolph was also further torn, due to the failed assassination attempt on Roosevelt's life in a speech in Milwaukee, in which Roosevelt was shot, then continued his speech for another ninety minutes. Hitler commented to Turner once that "Roosevelt's determination in the face of death represents his exceptional courage and ability to lead this nation". Adolph was already exhibiting signs of his support for a strong man type of leadership, with his endorsement of Roosevelt's New Nationalism that:

"New Nationalism recognizes that, as the representation of the nation's people, the federal government must fulfill it's duty in fighting for the American people's interests. While New Freedom has sympathetic goals, by focusing more on the individual and weakening the state in the face of corporate interests, it fails in properly standing up for the forgotten man."

However, Adolph finally decided to vote for Wilson due to one final factor:

"The Republican party has been in charge of the nation for 16 consecutive years. It has bowed to the special interests over the American people, and must go. However, due to the binary nature of the American political system, the only way for truly effective change to occur is through either party, and at the moment the Democratic party is the vessel of change that is most pragmatic at this hour."

However, Hitler was far from a Democratic supporter. He was still a loyal registered Republican, voting for the GOP all across the down ballot, including in the congressional race. Commenting on his choice of vote to Turner, Hitler stated:

"I was born and raised a Republican, and thus I shall gladly support the GOP. They must lose the white house, which I expect they shall, however not only do I commit myself to American political tradition of party loyalty, but also have faith in the party of Lincoln."

Results:

genusmap.php

Wilson/Marshall (Democratic) - 435* (41.8%)
    Roosevelt/Johnson (Progressive) - 88 (27.4%)
    Taft/Butler (Republican) - 8 (23.2%)
    Debs/Seidel (Socialist) - 0 (6%)

*While Roosevelt won the state of California, two California electors voted for Wilson. Had Roosevelt been backed by all of California's 13 electors, he would have gotten 90 votes in the electoral college while Wilson would have gotten 433.

The results of election were not that surprising, apart from the surprisingly strong performance of Debs, the Socialist candidate, in the race. With the Republican party badly divided, the united Democratic party coasted to victory, winning 42 of the 48 states,. However, not only Roosevelt as the Progressive party candidate not only garner more votes than Taft did as the Republican nominee, he also got more states (six to two), from the west coast in California and Washington to the northeast in Pennsylvania. In his analysis, Adolph wrote:

"The fact that, as a charismatic candidate from a party wholly relying on his appeal, President Roosevelt obtained more votes than President Taft, backed by one of the nation's two prestigious ruling parties, suggests that the nation demands a leader to bring it to glory. The conceptual appeal of a mighty champion has been proven to a great extent, not only from Congressman Bryan's ousting of the Bourbon Democratic establishment in 1896. Indeed, it is not Democratic party cadres nor Republican party cadres that demand this, but it is the American people that demand a strong leader".

Theodore_Roosevelt-Pach.jpg

(President Roosevelt was one of Adolph's "eight exceptional presidents". Hitler commended him for "his exceptional vision, not only in the policy of trusts and public integrity,
    but also on immigration and assimilation. He would serve as a model for Hitler's populism and leadership style.)

Last edited:
    Birth of a Writer
  • For the first few months of Adolph' stay at Princeton, Professor Turner constantly remarked to him, "Why don't you become an opinion editorial writer?". Adolph always shrugged it off, half-heartedly agreeing but never fully considering his chances of success in that field. "You'd make an excellent writer, Adolph", "I know I know" was a constant back and forth, one that Hitler did not look forward to. The turning point came however when Professor Turner bluntly suggested that "It is quite a good way to make money."

Adolph stopped. He had always known that he would be paid, but never truly thought about it. As a university student, even with a full scholarship, money was always a constant concern. Professor Turner was kind enough to pay for Otto's medical school bills, but having more money in the kitty was always worth it, and, as Professor Turner put it, "an invaluable aspect of obtaining your PhD". After being contacted by Turner through a letter, President-elect Wilson, the endorsee of the New York Times, wrote a letter of endorsement for Hitler to start working for the New York Times as a op-ed writer.

Thus, in December of 1912, Adolph began his career as an author, political commentator and all-in-all intellectual.

"He was an intellectual who ironically connected with the masses at a greater level than even the Great Commoner himself, armed not only with the penmanship of Thomas Jefferson but also the oratory of Patrick Henry." - Adolph Hitler: Champion of the American Nation by Patrick Buchanan.

"While I utterly disagree with President Hitler's philosophy of Hitlerism, I must admit his contribution to the field of political analysis. He was certainly an illustrious writer at the New York Times, and I wished he stayed that way." -Thomas Friedman in an editorial for the New York Times.

December 12, 1912
    The New York Times
    Adolph Hitler

Understanding the Tariff Question through the lens of history:

"Since the inception of the American nation, the Tariff issue has been one of the most important and divisive issue. The Federalist Party in the northeast, under the helm of Hamilton and Adams, championed the Tariff as the method to boost America's industries and grow the nation's economy. The Democratic-Republican Party, under the oversight of Jefferson and Madison, championed lower tariffs for their primarily rural base, on the basis of tariffs raising the costs of industrial goods that farmers had to purchase as consumers, as well as the view that raising tariffs will lead to a more centralized state, ever closer to tyranny. Thus, those who claim to be the champions of freedom say they support free trade, emphasizing the "free" aspect. Yet, as the late President McKinley stated, "under free trade the trader is the master and the producer the slave". Slavery is the antithesis of freedom, and a system that ruins American producers is the antithesis of freedom. And, as former Secretary of State Henry Clay stated, free trade "will lead substantially to the re-colonization of these States".

Earlier in his political career, Thomas Jefferson was a supporter of the tariff. Yet, as President, his outlook drastically changed, stating that "experience has taught me that manufactures are now as necessary to our independence as to our comfort". Through wisdom gained at the highest office, President Jefferson understand the necessity of a protectionist policy for the welfare of the nation.

To those who state that the tariff shall ruin the American nation by increasing the federal government's authority and therefore able to oppress the yeoman farmer, claimed as the backbone of the nation, both economically and socially, I must say that their understanding of nationhood and economics is highly ill-informed. Adam Smith wrote facts describing economic policy, but he did not create a system to benefit the people of a nation. He is best an economic observer and should not be elevated to the status of a demigod of economic policy.

However, there is one aspect with the position the rural free trader that I absolutely agree. The yeoman farmer's Christian faith and backbone makes up the spiritual backbone of the American nation. But that is a point for emphasis in another editorial.

A firm, protectionist policy is required for a strong, healthy nation. While moderation is required, as well as the elimination of corruption from the process of Tariff policy, the primary goal of American policy should be the usage of protectionism to promote domestic industry and ultimately prosperity. This point could not be further emphasized better than in the words of the great statesman Abraham Lincoln, when he stated, "give us a protective tariff and we will have the greatest nation on earth".

Birth of an Orator:

A top student at the gymnasium, Joseph Goebbels believed that a bright future lie ahead of him. He worked very hard in school, with no sign of stopping, as he desired to climb up the pole of power and prestige. His father was a commoner as a factory clerk, and Goebbels wished to be above his father in rank when he reached the prime of his adulthood and bring glory to the Goebbels name.

One instance in his life forever planted a seed in his life. While he was a very bright student, and was viewed by the girls at his school as quite handsome, he was quite shy due to his poor health. There was a girl in his class, named Adriane, who he was madly in love with. She was a very bright young girl, and also extremely pretty, and Joseph wanted to know here better. One day, he saw her, by herself, in the park, and was about to go to talk to her, but his fear that his physical deformities would turn her away would, and thus he stayed in his metaphorical corner. Fifteen minutes later, another school boy, who had much more courage than Goebbels, went up to Adriane and talked with her. They both laughed and laughed, and then he held her hand for second before embarrassingly putting it away as they both blushed and laughed at the same time. Joseph was saddened, but viewed this as the only reasonable outcome.

A few days alter however, Joseph overheard Adriane and her friends discussing boys and similar topics. One comment made Joseph blush especially hard, where Adriane commented that "her biggest crush was on Joseph due to his cute face and big brain, yet because Ludwig went up to her and asked her , she agreed to date him. Goebbels was overshot with emotions of grave embarrassment and frustration, internally thinking that, "instad of I, Joseph, being able to spend time with the beautiful and brilliant Adriane on a wonderful date, am sidelined by just an average Joe! Alas!". Thus, Goebbels ay a young age, learned that he had to advocate himself with words.

"The dangerous oratory of Goebbels pushed Weimar Germany into a more right-wing direction, bringing anti-Semitism into the political mainstream" - Liberal Democracy: A Necessity for Nations, by Milton Friedman, author, political commentator and congressman (2008-2014).

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1968-101-20A%2C_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg

(Joseph Goebbels was one of the most important politicians in Weimar German. His
    immense speaking talent allowed him to promote the DNVP into the German
    political mainstream, much to the frustration of those both on the left and right
    who wished to contain dangerous demagoguery taking a strong hold
    in the nation's politics.)

Last edited:
    Progressive Policies and Political Reform
  • "While labeled as a Conservative by modern American political terms, a generation before Hitler would have been seen as a Progressive. It is because of his support for numerous Progressive causes, albeit in varying degrees, that puts him in an interesting spot for the label of Conservative. It is in fact today because of him that we label President Coolidge a libertarian. His support for Wilson is noted, as he was still a Republican, and is seen more for the respect for the man himself as well as a support for Progressive policies. Let us examine a time when legislative progressivism was not intermarried with the forces of social reactionaries." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

On Labor Unions:

"While labor agitation is disruptive, business's not compromising with their workers is equally disruptive and destructive in the end. The reason why labor agitation is an economic and societal menace for it interferes with commerce, necessary for the nation's prosperity. It negates productivity for selfish gain, which is anti-Christian and anti-human decency. But when business fails to contend that they should pay their workers more in wages, perhaps so that they can purchase more goods in a nation? I personally prefer the usage of tariffs to support the American worker and understand that overwhelming wages puts too much of a cost upon business, and that is a problem. But if worker need just a slight increase in their wages to sustain their families and provide their duty as breadwinner for wife and children, certainly is the labor union, a legal and non-revolutionary committee, whose goals are to foster a policy that leads to said goal, not reasonable organizations? I believe that the relationship between commerce and labor should not grow one-sided in the power scale, so that business productivity is not interfered with and also American working families also benefit and participate in the moral collective known as the American nation-state."

On Women's Suffrage:

"There is great debate going on whether women across America should be granted suffrage, whether or not this harms the social fabric of this nation. Those who assent state that it is the immoral behavior of myriad of men in relation with the drink that causes the social ruination of the nation, and thus the vote of the fairer sex is required for putting the nation on a moral track. Those who dissent says it shall break the most important aspect of society itself, the family unit, through interfering with the women's homely duty. There are fair points to be made on both sides, yet I must admit that I agree with the former; granting women the suffrage is a net positive for the nation.

Does the dissenter deny these two observations, that the indeed the level of public drunkenness and abuse at the home caused by the drink foster an immoral and abusive environment for our next generations to grow. Doesn't the society suffer with these prevailing customs that dominate much social life these days?

The dissenter would argue that these problems are unfortunate but women's suffrage is too radical in it's interference with millennium old social norms on the family that is the real danger to society. But hasn't the demand of the female suffrage advocate for the ability to banish social ruin and misery testimony to the fairer sex's pledge to maintain a moral society. Is the wife and mother who votes truly the larger threat to the family unit than the drunk and abusive husband and father?"

Mayer-Awakening-1915.jpg

(Hitler viewed woman's suffrage as a moral, Christian movement, which fought to increase moral civic engagement. He certainly did not support it through a feminist lens.)

On Laissez-faire vs Interventionism in Economic Policy:

"For ages the dominant viewpoint in economic policy was that of a Laissez-faire economic policy, where the government does not interfere in the nation's economy. Besides tariff and railroad
    policy, this was enthusiastically championed by economic intellectuals and policy makers throughout the ages. Yet, this policy, which was granted as one as holy as any commandment by
    it's supporters throughout the ages (humorous, as Adam Smith's economic treatise is not even seven scores old) has completely failed, as seen in 1893, as well as in 1907. Now, many
    Americans understand that public intervention, their voice, is required to weed out the greedy policies instated to enrich the coffers of those possessed with satanic greed at the cost of
    the nation's financial well-being and economic sanctity. To save capitalism from the degenerate followers of Marx, those who fail to understand that some public supervision is required
    who are equally foolish (they in fact create the very conditions that allow for Marx and his band of misfits to grow their numbers) should also be weeded out of the economic discussion.
    The moral majority must be allowed to supervise their economy, otherwise they shall be engulfed.

Now that is not to say that there should be total regulation. Far from it, as during the early days of American nation it was the ingenuity and ambition of the private sector that lead
    to the prosperity seen throughout the nation's history, as they allowed for risky development without the ruination of the nation. Yet, the private sector did indeed need to work with the public sector to benefit, as seen through railroads. Businesses must be allowed to flourish, and the best way to ensure said goal is through moderate and sensible regulation."

Pump1913.jpg

(While disagreeing on certain economic policies, Adolph's praise for Wilson's progressive economic policy made him a key intellectual ally of the President
    President Wilson met with Hitler frequently, giving him advice, discussing with him politics and policy, and mentoring him through his PhD process.)

"It was during the 1910's where the pen of Hitler started to truly flex it's mental muscles did Hitlerism truly start to form into a truly coherent ideology" - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Last edited:
    The War to End All Wars
  • "The Great War was a war that shaped not only empires and nations, but peoples across the globe. What was supposed to be just a minor flexing of military might between the empires of Europe turned into a bloodbath that shook the world, from the likes of George Orwell and Aneurin Bevan to the likes of Goebbels and Hitler." - An examination of the West: 1918-1968, by Christopher Hitchens, British author, intellectual and MP.

World War one began on an unexpected note. While predicted by Otto von Bismarck and his realpolitik ingenuity, most of Europe laid at ease, ignoring the dangerous trends of technological innovation, ancient and tightening tensions, and lack of social and tactical innovation. The nations of Europe were enjoying the fruits of colonial exploitation while ignoring any of their own problems. Such blissful ignorance came to an end when Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria was shot by Serbian extremist nationalist Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo, Bosnia, sending the nations of Europe into a whirlwind while the Austro-Hungarian Empire demanded Serbia conduct an investigation.

sarajevo-murder.jpg

(The assassination of Franz Ferdinand. Hitler called it "the foolish incident".)

Perhaps what occurred in Bosnia could be better understood by the world if they understood that Bosnia served as the tripartite frontier of western Christendom, eastern Christendom and the Islamic world. Bitter religious divisions amongst the otherwise homogeneous Croats, Serbs and Bosniaks made for the perfect place for the ethno-nationalist tensions across Europe to first erupt. But the time for understanding and reflection had not even started, yet taken in full effect, of the damage old conflicts cause in the world of new.

To make matters worse, after the Austrians threatened the Serbs, the Russians stood to their defense, bringing the Germans in to defend their old ally. Bounded by treaty, the French came in to rescue their Russian allies, and in desperation to defeat their French enemy, the Germans invaded France through Belgium, bringing in the British Empire to the war on the side of France, their old rival, against the most industrialized nation in the world, the German Empire. The Italians, longing for Southern Tyrol, a province with a German majority but a sizable Italian minority, went to war with the Austria and and the Central Powers, and the Ottomans, wishing to oppose their greatest enemy in history, the Russian Empire, declared war upon the Entente, engulfing the whole of Europe into war by May of 1915.

759px-Map_1914_WWI_Alliances.jpg

(Alliances and neutral powers of WW1 marked by color coding.)

"The fact that all of Europe has come to destroy itself over the frivolities of the Bosnia conflict not only degrades the image and ingenuity of Europe and its leaders but also
    demonstrates that the American nation not involve itself in the foolish tirades of the continent. America can only lose if it involves itself in any way with this wicked war.
    I recommend to the leaders of this wondrous nation that we follow the wise example of President Monroe and his doctrine, for if we do, we shall be in a perpetual state of
    good feelings" - Adolph Hitler in an editorial for the New York Times.

"Hitler's isolationist views were largely shaped by the Great War. As Europe destroyed itself over it's
    ancient conflicts, Adolph decided that it was a hopeless situation, and the American people should
    thank the Lord that they are not in said mess, and should just focus on the welfare of the American
    nation and it's internal priorities." - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

South of the Border
  • The Mexican state of affairs was in a bloody mess. With strongman Profirio Diaz removed in May 1911, America lost a key strategic ally in Latin America, one who was a big supporter of foreign (very much including American) investment. The revolutionary zeal in the land of the Aztecs was not this high since the days of Miguel Hidalgo. One such leader was Pancho Villa.

"Pancho Villa represented everything that was wrong to Hitler. A rogue revolutionary who challenged the order with violent revolt, someone who praised his indigenous culture over the European colonial culture, and also hated him for opposing America's national interests. To Hitler, the concept of class struggle in Mexico was unapparent, but instead saw Mestizo and Indian farmers joining up in arms against their Castizo landlords. In simple terms, Hitler saw the Mexican revolution as a race war." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

As an ally of the Diaz government, Pancho Villa and the revolution in general saw the United States as an enemy, as its massive funds and coffers allowed for the sustenance of the Diaz government and oppressive tyranny over the peasants. And so, in March 9 of 1916, Pancho Villa and his men raided the New Mexico town of Columbus, with 15 American civilian casualties, 8 American soldiers killed, and 90-170 Villistas killed. Hitler's response was filled with rage, writing in his now weekly editorial:

"How fitting, that this band of dangerous scoundrels, chose to pillage a town named Columbus. Certainly they spit at the entrance of civilization into their barbarous lands, full proof of their ever present savageness."

In the following week, Adolph frequently discussed with Professor Turner about the incident, being cited as saying "I have to stop them!". And so, in his subsequent editorial, what he wrote was his first major work that impacted history as we know it:

"The American people demand that these savages be put in their place for the rape and murder of our people. This barbarity has not been seen since the days of Geronimo, and I believe that any force necessary to stop this bloodthirsty demon Villa and his depraved band of followers through the termination of what pretends to be a soul."

While not his most articulate piece, the anger and rage splattered on the page mimicked the anger and the frustration of millions of Americans. "How dare they!" was a common question, especially due to Hitler's firestorm of an article. It was syndicated across the country, with it not only increasing Hitler's weekly viewership tenfold, but also created a political craving of millions of Americans that the political class felt had to be necessary.

"Damnit Wilson! Thanks to that Hitler fellow, the people demand that we hang that son of a b****! They expect nothing else!"

President Wilson only smiled, thinking "thank the lord I have met Adolph Hitler. He is a worthy successor to my mission and my struggle."

The Pershing expedition, led by General John J Pershing , had the goal of finding and terminating Pancho Villa. Many of the soldiers on the mission had read Adolph's article, and were filled with a fanatical frenzy to murder and maim their foes. Across the state of Chihuaha, American troops barnstormed town after town, trying to find the man they so despised. Revolutionaries fired back, and Villa was out of sight. With Villa's troops being largely defeated, and with Villa nowhere to be seen, General Pershing suggested a withdrawal, but Hitler's weekly pledge to "continue the fight until the murderer hangs by his own backyard" put the political pressure on Pershing and (supposedly) President Wilson (however the present day historical consensus is that President Wilson actively supported and even fanned the flames of Hitler's editorials, through recently discovered evidence), forcing Congress to authorize sending more troops. The frenzied state allowed Wilson to win reelection with general ease, combined with his pledge to keep "America out of the War".

On February 6, 1917, Pancho Villa was sighted by Mexican scouts who were Diaz loyalists, leading to the American troops mobilizing and capturing him, sending him to be courtmartialed in Mexico City, however along the way an assassin open fired upon Villa, leaving two bullets in his skull. The Robin Hood of Mexico was no more, leading to mass mourning south and mass shouts of triumph north of the Rio Grande.

"I am pleased to inform the people of this nation that the murderer of Mexico is no more, however we do apologize to state officials who wanted a trial. It was not the act of American boys, but of a passioned citizen who took his rage out on the bandit." - Woodrow Wilson's official message to the American people.

"The barbaric bandito is no more! America has once again proved it's superiority as a people, and has committed itself to the sustenance of civilization in the Americas." - Adolph Hitler in his self-congratulatory editorial.

"The Mexican people mourn the loss of a great freedom fighter, who championed the poor, the vulnerable, and the outcasts. God is now with him, and that is all I can do to comfort myself in this most serious of tragedies." - Álvaro Obregón, leader of the Revolution.

VillaUncleSamBerrymanCartoon.png

(A poltical cartoon by Clifford Berryman, accurately describing the American
    public's mood of the Pershing Expedition, also known as the "Mexican Expedition".)

"To Hitler, Pancho Villa and the Mexican Revolution represented a race war. He feared that it's success would lead to the encouragement of a race war in America, not just amongst the relatively small Southwest Hispanic
    population but more importantly (for Hitler) the large African American population. His message stoked fears especially in the South, not just amongst Southern Democrats but Upper South Republicans, whose political
    mobilization demanded stringent action. Already, Hitler made a name for himself amongst some of the most reactionary and racist elements of American society, and that greatly helped an otherwise Germanic
    outsider politically in the South.

Hitler spoke of how the conflict "would bleed from South to North", comparing how the traditionally Castilian governed Mexico (referring constantly to "Villa vs Diaz") was being toppled by non-whites in the revolution, and compared said incident with a possibility of America's future. And as a personal note, to those politicians who defend Hitler to this day as "a nationalist, a populist, and someone who looked out for the American people's interests", I say stop.
    His presidency was one of the most impactful and in many ways successful in American history, but the impact he had on race in this nation is one of the ugliest incidents in American history and it ates back to
    1916." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Last edited:
    Of Empire and Emerald
  • 1903-british-empire-map-1000-x-760-r1750-00-jon-colman.jpeg

(The British Empire, around it's peak in 1903.)

Of Britain and Ireland:

The British Empire was the largest empire ever recorded in the annals of history. Spanning six continents, the English crown not only had one of the most powerful economy and navy in the world, it also held the honor of the most prestigious nation in the height of the Victorian era and the generation following. It certainly caught the interest of Hitler, who once wrote:

"The British Empire is the most powerful nation in the world, owing to their organization and determination as a race."

"With the British Empire capturing much of Hitler's attention, it was no surprise that the Easter Rebellion of 1916 caught his eye" - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

The Easter Rising shook both British isles alike. Amounting from centuries of both spiritual and temporal repression, the Irish people broke out in fiery rage, resisting British Rule with all their heart. The tragedy to many Irish reformers, such as John Redmond, is that there was a feeling that peaceful Home Rule in Ireland would be achieved soon, and the outbreak of the rebellion shattered all of their dreams. Hitler had much to say about the whole affair, including:

"How could a nation, bestowed representation by the British nation herself, and who was discussing further options of appeasement, be so hostile? How did this bloody rebellion occur, leading to the death of hundreds! Especially with ineffectual and idealistic leaders such as John Redmond, who has insisted that he could operate an agreement between the British and Irish peoples. The failure of both the British and Irish political class to discover the innate instincts that a people inhibit demonstrates the folly of such talks. This is sure proof that a nation cannot appease a minority within the national corporation. Either let them go, or become their tyrannical masters. Otherwise, a nation can never have a peace of mind."

"Hitler was very strategic with how he categorized the conflict. He wanted to use it to bring his point across, without burning bridges with either the Anglo or Irish communities back home. He also made sure to tie the Irish conflict into the greater narrative just how crucial the Monroe Doctrine was to American nationhood, stressing the messiness of European conflict as a zone for the Americans to wholly uninvolved themselves in." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

John_Redmond_1917.JPG

(Although respecting John Redmond for his organization skills and intellect, Hitler viewed Redmond as a weak leader due to his inability to forge an independent Irish nation.
    He used him as proof for the inability of Europe to sort out it's centuries old grudges, especially in the context of stressing American isolationism in the context of the Western
    World.)

Romanian Development:

"Under Prime Minister Iorga in the 1910's, Romania witness tremendous economic growth. With the Agrarian Socialist Party of Romania the de facto ruling party of Romania, and with land reforms favoring investment instituted, foreign capital came pouring into Romania, investing heavily into factories and railroad development. Rapid Industrialization also helped equip Romania with modern weapons, and more wealth for War Minister Antonescu to transform the Romanian army into a modern fighting force, one which demonstrated itself in the battles across Wallachia and Eastern Transylvania during the great war." - Central Europe in the 20th century, by John Lukacs.

1830.jpg

(Factory in Azuga, 1914.)

Last edited:
    Election of 1916
  • The Presidential Election of 1916 was contested on numerous issues, from labor laws and tariff policy, from the trade commission to progressive vs conservative legislation. However, the most important policy debate was that of foreign policy, primarily that of relations with Germany and Mexico. The German policy of Wilson was simple. Wilson ran on the platform "He Kept Us Out of War", in reference to WW1. Adolph's editorial enthusiastically phrased Wilson's policy on Germany, writing:

"It is imperative that the American people vote in huge volumes for President Wilson and his policy not to send America's boys into a useless war, from the perspective of America. Let the kingdoms of Europe duke it out, while the American nation builds itself to new heights, both economic and cultural. It is imperative for both Democratic and Republican voters to support the President. Republicans in fact should vote for the Party of Lincoln on the down ballot, sending the message that while as Republicans they loyally support the party they hold so dear, they still reject the warmongering that the Republican leadership is so enthused about."

"Hitler was also a supporter of Wilson's Progressive policies, eulogizing the Clayton Anti Trust Act as "an essential pillar for proper commerce". Hitler also praised the Keating-Owen Act, stating that "the child is precious and developing, and whose possibilities are endless and should pursue an education over working for an unknown factory boss", and that "exploiters of children are the worst men in the history of mankind". Some tie Hitler's support for Child labor laws with his incredible success in rising through society's ranks through his education." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

As for Mexico, Wilson and Hitler were more bellicose in attitude. Wilson at first wished to frame the Republicans as the warmongerings when dealing with the Southern border, yet Hitler's editorials sparked intense support for the Pershing expedition and militant policy in Mexico, legitimizing Wilson's pacifist attitude with Germany and bellicose attitude with Mexico (the fact that America was technically at war with the rebels reduced warmongering labels).

With isolationism in Europe and (thanks to Hitler's editorials) aggression in Sonora reflecting the mood of the nation, alongside a GOP still bitterly divided between Progressive and Conservative (not to mention the general support of Progressives for Wilson), Wilson and the Democratic Party won a relatively comfortable majority in the 1916 election:

genusmap.php

Wilson/Marshall (D) - 349 (50.7%)
    Hughes/Fairbanks (R) - 182 (44.6%)

"There are only two outside forces that have granted me this victory. The blessings of the Lord, and the pen of Adolph Hitler." - Woodrow Wilson.

"The election 1916 was the first one that Hitler personally shaped. His editorials convinced the majority of voters that a militant policy in Mexico was required, granting Wilson the election. For the first time since the days of Samuel J. Tilden in '76, the Democratic Party had gained the majority of the vote nationwide. This massive referendum in favor of the Democratic Party helped shape future policy in the political process, with Secretary of the Treasury William Gibbs McAdoo, one commented that "we won the South on the basis of race. Why can't we win the nation on the same plank?". The Republican Party was equally attentive to Hitler's success in '16, and many scholars him identify him as the political precursor to Warren G Harding's "America First" campaign." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Last edited:
    Farewell, for He Did Not Leave Us Out of The War
  • Lusitania incident:

The RMS Lusitania was a British ocean liner, in service from 1907-1915. It's unfortunate demise came from German submarine warfare, a response to the British embargo laid upon Germany. With it's demise 128 American souls perished that day, angering the American public greatly, and ultimately, leading up to America's entry into the war to end all wars.

"Germany's utter depravity has been displayed to the most significant extent from their indifference to human life. Let the soldiers of war fight upon the battlefield, but leave the common man out of the menaces of war! To attack women and children who cannot defend themselves represents not only an entrenched grimace, but also a deep cowardice, for it is bloodshed without honor. To not only honor the loved ones of the diseased, but also demonstrate their Christian charity, the German government must recompense the families immediately and with upmost remorse, or the consequences will be dire." - Adolph Hitler.

"Hitler's strong words against Germany in the context of the Lusitania was not only due to genuine anger, but also to support his mentor President Wilson." - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

4115242.png

(Political Cartoon depicting both the Lusitania's sinking and the American public's reaction, epitomized by Uncle Sam.)

A Professorial exchange (1917):

To Honorable President Wilson,

I am delighted to share the good news that Hitler has just about all the steps requiring to obtain his PhD in History. He merely needs to defend his numerous thesis' across his works to obtain the thesis. The University Board is delighted by his work over the past five years, and feels that he is a prime candidate to receive a doctorate in philosophy.

I hope we can discuss the issue of prime concern hopefully soon.

Sincerely,

Professor Turner.

To Dr. Turner,

That is most wonderful news. Our pupil has certainly gone beyond even his original potential. I am not surprised that he will join us. He is indeed a scholar of the highest caliber.

About that issue, do not worry! I have already discussed it with General Pershing. He will have all the glories of war without any of it's bruises or headaches.

Interestingly, the General is a great admirer of Adolph. Due to Hitler's editorials, it helped his career in executing Pancho Villa, a moment the General has never forgotten.

Sincerely,

President Wilson

"While Hitler often stressed his humble origins and how he rose through his personal determination, it is a noted fact that many of Hitler's successes came from the blessings of the privileged and the powerful." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

45284_lg.jpeg

(A copy of one of the postcards Wilson used throughout his presidency.)

Farewell, Doctor:

On April 6th, 1917, the United States of America entered "the war to end all wars". President Wilson had broken his reelection promise, on the basis of a utopian new world on the ashes of the decrepit and dying old world.

"President Wilson was correct that the Old World has ended, but he was surely wrong about the utopia that followed." - Leon Blum.

"Mister Hitler, you are called to Professor Turner's office."

"Thank you, Mr. Banks."

Adolph understood, in technicality, that after publishing and defending his thesis, the time had come. The end had arrived.

Hitler walked up to Professor Turner's office. When opening the door, he saw a man both melancholy and merry. After slight deliberation, Hitler asked his decade long mentor,

"What is on your mind, Professor?"

"I am so proud of you Adolph. You are about to become a Doctor in Philosophy."

Adolph's eyes bloomed, he let out a wide grin, stretching even his small upper lip mustache. His enthusiasm then slowed down considerably, again noticing the Professor's despondent state.

"Professor Turner, is anything the matter?"

Holding back a tear with a slight choke, Professor Turner responded:

"You are the best pupil I have ever had, and I will miss you, Adolph. Just like to President Wilson and Professor Sumner, you are a son to me. I hope you not only see me as your teacher but your father Adolph.

Adolph froze. He finally realized in wholesome that his journey as a student was about to end. He had passed. He had passed! The tears, which had not sprouted since Sumner' funeral, came crashing down harder than Niagra falls. He leaped to hug his professor, his mentor, his father.

"I will miss you too, father."

Professor Sumner responded with a small smile. After a small and rare hug, Hitler walked away. In the process of opening the door, Professor Sumner stated:

"Farewell, Doctor."

Adolph smiled softly.

"Farewell, Doctor."

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.