The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he going to be a closet racist? As in will he be what we consider as an American Progressive, or will he be the run of the mill Dixiecrat?

Not closet. He's going to be super racist. Let's just say the NAACP will not approve of him.

I wouldn't box Adolph in modern political terms. Rather, he will define modern politics.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a timeline I read somewhere where Hitler ended up president of Mexico? Cant remember where I read it.

Next update coming soon guys. Adolph’s childhood will be finished in the second update. Then we can get to University days! Don’t worry, we will eventually reach the presidency in this TL. But I like this gradual style.

Do people agree with me that this gradual lifestory style is neat? I sure prefer it. Once Hitler becomes a politician and then president it will be more conventional, but still like this in some ways. Basically this gives reference for behaviors down the road and gives more context. Plus it’s fun :cool:.

Last edited:
Last edited:
For those wondering about which American politicians and leaders will play a sizable role in the TL, I will give you one (out of many). I will not say whether he will be a friend, a foe, or just a figure who will play some role in one aspect or another. Not saying how prominent either. All this means is that this person is one of many who will not just be footnotes but a little more. I'm being super vague on purpose. Don't expect anything necessarily, it could easily be 180 degrees different to your expectation. This TL is going to be fresh and unique :).

AlfredSmith.png

I got to say, I love this concept. I wonder how the World Wars are going to turn out. I can't wait until we're far enough into this to make a wiki box on President Hitler.

I got to say, I love this concept. I wonder how the World Wars are going to turn out. I can't wait until we're far enough into this to make a wiki box on President Hitler.

WW1 will be the same, as Hitler being a soldier for America won't change anything. But WW2 ...

I'm not good with wikiboxes, so when the time comes, I'd be happy if someone made one.

Adolescence
"Adolescence is the time for a child to blossom into a man, or morph into a monster" - William Wordsworth

Adolescence (1903-1907):

The funeral the other day was a quiet one. Alois left the world at a time when more wanted him around then ever. Everyone, from grown up Gustav to little Paula cried the next few days. Clara too was heavily depressed, as being a widow was not easy. However, it was easier than it would have been a year ago. With the death of one of Alois best friends in 1902, Alois became paranoid of his own demise. He only confided his fears with Clara, and they agreed to plan every evening when the children were asleep how to help grow Adolph's future. Hancock, while a lovely little town, was not the best place to pursue advanced education, with Alois and Clara deciding that they would go in two years to live in San Antonio, and send Adolph to the most advanced parochial school in the city. Alois died one year before the plan was to be commenced, and thus the Hitler's moved to San Antonio one year early. Adolph and his siblings when packing up worked without complaint, maintaining the German value of obedience without question.

d3fd454a51827904eb29f5d91edf9521.jpg

(San Antonio, TX. This would be the Hitler's residence for decades to come.)

"I missed playing Cowboys and Indians with my friends near lake canyon" Adolf wrote in his journal, "though I have a feeling my mother wasn't so upset". Clara moving the family to San Antonio met one thing; Adolph was going to study every day to get a scholarship to a good Catholic University. Going to a top parochial school, Adolph understood his goal was not to make friends or play around, but to get the top marks. Hitler studied day and night, and he was reminded every day of what was at stake with all of his brothers besides Otto working (they had all completed the mandatory number of years of schooling) to help feed the family while Alois reserves paid for Adolph's tuition. "I am reminded of my father's blessings every time the tuition bill is signed" wrote Adolf in his journal.

Working day and night for top marks, Adolph developed a level of discipline he never had as the farm boy. He could not afford to let his whole family down. Otto wanted to become a professional to help the family in the future, and since he lacked Adolph's academic brightness, money was needed to send him to medical school (he wanted to become a doctor). Adolph even more needed to get a scholarship (Otto was prepared to get a blue collar job if Adolph needed the funds, but that was the most desperate move).

Besides his love for history, Adolph was fond of art. Entering his high school's art competition in 1906 (sponsored by St. Mary's University), his painting won first place. One art critic said that while the "people were mediocre, the buildings, especially for a high school student, was stunning". Through this art competition, he gained the attention of St. Mary's faculty. After being invited to an art event, he met the History Professor, Dr. Shinny, who was conversing with famous historian Frederick Jackson Turner. Turner and Shinny, after the brief "polite" small talk with Hitler, were both amazed by his grasp of American history at the young age of 17. After seeing his transcript, Turner offered his mother a chance to get a scholarship to obtain a scholarship in St. Mary's (Turner demanded a higher salary and greater benefits from John Hopkins, which they refused. St. Mary's gladly accepted). And so, Adolph, with his top grades, the confidence of Professor Turner, and his victory in the art competition, was granted a complete scholarship to St. Mary's, the oldest and most premier Catholic institution in the American Southwest, which also happened to be in the city of San Antonio.

If there was one thing Adolph learned, it was to get the confidence, friendship and trust of important people. He was not the most charismatic or charming of folk, yet he understood that knowing the game was half the battle.

Frederick_Jackson_Turner.jpg

(Professor Turner, one of the greatest historical minds in American history and a mentor of Adolf's to come.)

Many Historical scholars wonder to this day if Dr. Turner had not decided to embrace the young Adolph into the upper echelons of intellectual society, whether the status of race relations in America to this day would have steadily improved" - Adolf Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.