The HEART Development and Core Thread

Currently away from home so I am writing this a little incoherently from my phone on bad Wifi but yes these features being missing is a pretty big problem (we are talking about literally an entire civil war being missing while a civil war two countries over is shown) and a reason I have been excluding alexoidds patches (alongside my whole ongoing driver situation) so I am probably not going to be adding these patches either since Alexoidd also told me he can't figure out g-projector or q-gis so I can't really evaluate his work beyond just eyeballing it, I did recently come around to check his Mexico patch which was pretty good except for the coastline and I am in the progress of reworking his Afghanistan patch but I think in the end its less work to simply draw it myself as I am completely clueless to his mapping methode

I don't say this to be mean but my opion is really that we should add all features now rather that postpone them to rush towards a "finished" product, thats what happened to M-BAM and most these feature never ended up being added or improved (I think it took years before someone even revisted Finland to add the lakes)

@alexoidd please, please be more transparent about your workflow and if you are able to use the software or not because as it is you are doing more damage to the project than helping, again I am not saying this to be mean I know you are very eager to help but I also don't want to waste your time because I can't add these patches as they are :(
ok ig

My last patch for HEART:

Here I finished fixing Mali, Niger, Chad and Burkina Faso. Added a civil war and adjusted borders and lakes.
I understand that my patches are no longer relevant and will not be added, but I felt it necessary to finish the job to the end. If you want, add it, if not, don't
There is also a little progress in the second level of administrative divisions of Japan, which I was asked to do & triple-checked Korean peninsula patch
MALI_NIGER_CHAD_BURKINAFASO_PATCH.png
JAPAN2NDLVL_KOREA_PATCH.png

New patch for the Phillippines: Luzon
- Bicol
- Southern Tagalog
- Manila NCR
- Central Luzon
- Ilocos
- Cordillera
- Cagayan Valley
- Mindoro, Marinduque, and Romblon (Mimaropa)

1708376313680.png

Therefore, all of the Malaya archipelago east of the Wallace line is finished:
1708376635975.png

Last edited:
Patch #65

The Caspian sea is finished and just 5 Chinese provinces left!!

Added Chongqing
Added Yunnan
Added Ningxia
Added Turkmenistan

1708419573131.png

1708419600167.png

Final patch for the Phillippines, which are complete now:
- Palawan
- Turtle Islands and Mapun (Tawi-Tawi)
- Scarborough Shoal (PRC, claimed by ROC and Phillippines)
- Paracel Islands (PRC, claimed by ROC and Vietnam)
1708447174924.png

Here is probably the most chaotic patch of the whole HEART map:
- Spratly Islands (Partly occupied by PRC, ROC, Vietnam, Phillipines, Malaysia, and Brunei, with many claims on each other's occupied areas)

To reduce the chaos, I did not include the PRC, ROC, and Vietnam claims on all of the islands. But I did include the more outlined claims from Phillipines and Malaysia.
Some of the reefs are considered terra nullis, having no occupation.

1708531334260.png

Also without the outlines:
1708532232914.png

Last edited:
Moving into Malaysia:
- Sabah
1708776617298.png

- Phillippine claim on North Borneo
(I am not sure about where exactly the claimed area ends, I followed an image on Wikipedia here)
1708776416356.png

A new version of the progress map
1708776959651.png

Last edited:
Patch #68

Woohoo The Peoples Republic of China is all done now!! The lakes of Tibet were a massive pain but I think this is such a massive upgrade from the details M-BAM China has, so absolutely worth it, hopefully other areas won't take so long tho

Added Xinjiang
Added Tibet

1708934496969.png

Patch #69

There are some tidal areas in Pakistan I am not sure we should show or not, if we do we would need to also do it for other areas of the map which would be a large scale revisit
Also the Red sea is done now!

Added Sudan
Added the Sudanese Civil war
Added Eritrea
Added Pakistan
1709112411251.png

1709112428392.png

Since I'm no longer working on the main HEART project, I decided to start working on a more or less accurate recreation of Europe in 1939. At least in this project it is easier to maintain accuracy, because the current borders are slightly modified borders of half a century ago. maybe by the end of the main project you will be able to join Europe 1939 and correct what seemed inaccurate to you :)

Now in production: Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ukrainian SSR, Belarusian SSR, South and North Caucasus

Separately - Germany in 1941-1944
IMG_1990.png
IMG_1993.png