The HEART Development and Core Thread

Patch #57

So I decided against adding the floodplains, its a bit different from stuff like the salt lakes or kakhovka resevoir and it saves time, if someone really would like them to be on the map let me know and I can come back to it later, for now those here are 4 new PRC provinces :)

Added Hebei
Added Beijing
Added Tianjin
Added Shandong

1705760095854.png

Hello everyone, I just had a pretty disasterous PC crash last sunday and I have been trying to recover my files which unfortunatly is still an ungoing process and may take some time, I would like to request people hold off on producing further HEART patches untill I am able to review and add peoples work to the map again, , right now its not even clear if I can continue to produce patches myself so I would like to put HEART development on hold untill I am able to recover my files and software needed for me to manage HEART.

I am sorry for this inconvienience and I am working hard to recover my files to continue this project ASAP :(

Hello everyone since a week has now past I wanted to post an update on whats happening, sadly my driver was completely disconnected and locked, we have figured out the data isnt corrupted but we will likely need to send to a proffesional to access it, I lost a good portion of my progress on China so I have been working in a backup on other areas of the map, I mostly got a temporary fix in place that allows me to continue working on HEART for now at least...

Patch #58

So since China was a bit tricky to continue I started working on west Asia, so far I have done Iraq and fixed the Kuwait patch, I have also added Kazakhstan and added an outline for the Aral sea as it was in 1960 adding all the lakes was a nightmare but I managed to do it albeit very slowly

Added Iraq
Added Kuwait
Added Kazakhstan

1706689735998.png

image.png

I have some new updates on the southern Pacific:
- Coral Sea Islands
- Tasmania
- New Zealand Subantarctic Islands
- Lord Howe Island (New South Wales)

1706711371553.png

Patch #59

Continuing on China slowly now, I think I got the bulk of its populated areas mapped now

Added Shanghai
Added Jiangtsu
Added Anhui
Added Henan
Added Shanxi
Added more lakes to Hebei, Beijing, Tiangjin and Shandong

1706804200263.png

Patch #60

Working a bit on 2 areas for the time being

Added Saudi Arabia
Added Hubei
Added Shaanxi

1706965129816.png

1706965172448.png

Usually for every 10th patch I try to also post the full map but due to circumstances thats a bit tricky for me right now, I will try and maybe post it later if I can though

Patch #61

Continuing on Asia from two directions, the Arab peninsula is almost done safe for Yemen, Tomoto helped with the reefs for the Persian Gulf

Added Bahrein
Added Qatar
Added the UAE
Added Oman
Added Zhejiang
1707215610732.png

1707215655351.png

Patch #62

Did the Yemeni Civil War, this one mostly based on the map by wikipedia, though you could strecht it to show all factons except the Houthis and Al-Qaida as yemen since they are technically pro-PCoY, but hey at least Arabia is done now!

Added Yemen

1707379960582.png

Patch #63

The great South China patch, had some help from Tomoto with Hong Kong, also an update on my drive situation is that it probably can not be recovered so I will need to think abit about what my options are bc that would mean losing all my data, I will post an update on this later once I have decided :(

Added Zhejiang
Added Fujiang
Added Jiangxi
Added Guangdong (without Hainan)
Added Hong Kong
Added Macau
Added Hunan

1707647768494.png