The HEART Development and Core Thread

New update:
- Riau Islands
- Singapore
1709316470159.png

At the request of JG, I changed the color of Brunei:
1709316541786.png

Patch #70

Since activity in the thread seems to have died down quite alot I will probably be posting larger updates less frequently in the future, I have made a good start on India now having completed about a third of the country, there is a tonne of lakes and some resources conflict over second level borders so its a task but I'm ghetting it done linking up with Tomotos Sri Lanka patch.

Added Puducherry
Added Tamil Nadu
Added Kerala
Added Andrha Pradesh
Added Telangana
Added Goa
Added Karnataka
Added Maharashtra
image.png

A lot of work in the Red Sea:
- Reefs and islands off the coast of Sudan, Eritrea, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Oman
- Djibouti

1709547686952.png

image.png

Update: seasonal lakes in Djibouti
1709549376591.png

Last edited:
Patch #71

North West India is done, Now I can head into the Ganges plain, I had some issues finding a good source for second levels in Jammu & Kashmir, I think this is good for now but in the future it might be worth a revision.

Added Gujarat
Added Chhattisgrah
Added Madhya Pradesh
Added Rajastan
Added Haryana
Added Delhi
Added East Punjab
Added Jammu & Kashmir
Added Ladakh
Added Himachal Pradesh

1709740621770.png

The Persian Gulf:
- Reefs and islands off the coast of Oman, UAE, Qatar, Bahrein, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Iran
- Abu Dhabi 2nd levels (and some adjustments on the UAE 1st levels)
1709807724046.png

Progress on HEART 1942 (yeah, now full focus on this date, not 1939)

I have a question: should I color Reichkommissariats borders red or leave this default color?
HEART1942.png

Progress on HEART 1942 (yeah, now full focus on this date, not 1939)

I have a question: should I color Reichkommissariats borders red or leave this default color?
Red borders are used for frontlines between 2 states, so for consistency I would use red borders for the eastern frontline not the Reichskomesariats

Hi guys, I'm very new to mapping and this map looks very cool. I've downloaded all the resources I need but I still don't know how to do subdivisions with the subdiv layer in paint.net. Can anyone teach me?

The island of Java:
- East Java
- Central Java
- West Java
- Banten
- Yogyakarta Special Region
- Jakarta Special Capital Region

1710168245558.png

Patch #72

Whoohoo another major update, this time adding the Ganges valley to India (minus the Bengal Ganges Delta) so I think the subcontinent itself is now mostly done, just the North east and Bangladesh and Bhutan to go now....

Added Uttarakhand
Added Uttar Pradesh
Added Odisha
Added Nepal
Added Bihar
Added Jharkhand
Added Sikkim
Added West Bengal

1710240403050.png

Hi guys, I'm very new to mapping and this map looks very cool. I've downloaded all the resources I need but I still don't know how to do subdivisions with the subdiv layer in paint.net. Can anyone teach me?
Ahh guess not but if anyone still wants to help please do

Addons for HEART (unofficial):

Rise of ISIS - July 31st 2014 (fixed)
Donbass crisis - August 30st 2014 (fixed partly)
North Caucasus region - November 6th 1999
Soviet-Afghan war - May 12th 1988

Maybe will be useful in future, when HEART will be done

also*** please send me someone color scheme using for HEART in DM, I want to paint HEART1942 map
31_JULY_2014.png
30_AUGUST_2014.png
6_NOVEMBER_1999.png
12_MAY_1988.png

Last edited:
Addons for HEART (unofficial):

Rise of ISIS - July 31st 2014
Donbass crisis - August 30st 2014
North Caucasus region - November 6th 1999
Soviet-Afghan war - May 12th 1988

also*** please send me someone color scheme using for HEART in DM, I want to paint HEART1942 map
View attachment 894773
These look great though Ukraine had an administrative reform since 2014 so I'd either add those or leave out second levels for this map also the Kakhovka resevoir still existed, and for the ISIS patch it shows the current war in Gaza which wasn't ungoing in 2014, beyond that great patches though!

HEART does not have an established colour scheme for country colours btw, I said at the beginning of this thread that I would make one for the base map as it became relevant based on some older maps I made, so while you could go for whatever you wish probably if you want to stick to the current scheme style you should check out the M-BAM 1942 map I did on the M-BAM thread in I think November? Either way you can use those colours if you want :)

These look great though Ukraine had an administrative reform since 2014 so I'd either add those or leave out second levels for this map also the Kakhovka resevoir still existed, and for the ISIS patch it shows the current war in Gaza which wasn't ungoing in 2014
Right, got it, thanks for review :)
Also, I guess your M-BAM 1942 map is deleted or image is damaged idk, because I can't open it and it looks like this:

IMG_2438.jpeg

Patch #73

Doing a small side venture before finishing India and Bangladesh, so here is the rest of the horn of Africa

Added Somaliland
Added Somalia
Added Ethiopia

1710753565154.png

Big addon for Germany (unofficial):

German Empire regions were made based on German Empire map by @Agent of Chaos, but some parts are still in progress. Though, I still think that Poland need recolor, because rivers are invisible and in general dark pink color fits more for Poland than this light blue. Also I choose color for German Empire (including nazi Germany(because it was an Empire too)) by myself, because some shades made the borders invisible

**And a question about HEART: if outlining the color of one country on the territory of another country means a claim, then why all of PRC, Mongolia and Tuva Republic not circled in color of ROC? If it's a question of time and "we'll do it later" - I can do it
GERMANY_ADDONS_HEART_COLORED.png

Patch #74

Random update galore all over the map, I made it so that now we have a foothold on all of the continents except Antarctica, I had to make some major revisions to the line of contact between China and India in Arunachal Pradesh, I also spend about 3 days researching all the border claims between Bhutan and China (there are so many and they make new ones like every 2 years) I don't know if its accurate, but I dare someone to do better if they can :p
Newfoundland took a few days because of the many lakes but I'm pretty happy with how it came out

Added Bangladesh
Added Bhutan
Added Arunachal Pradesh
Added Megalaya
Added Assam
Added Nagaland
Added Manipur
Added Tripura
Added Mizoram
Added French Guyana
Added Newfoundland

1710966911197.png