The HEART Development and Core Thread

The part you are missing is Q-gis, you can import specifc data from OSM directly into Equirectangular projection without the clutter (say just import first and second level administrative divisions, add lakes, river, glaciers and seasonal waters. Then all you need to do is convert this projection with g.projector and trace it while referencing it with the sattelite. I think that explains it clearly but if there is anything still unclear to you please PM me and I can try to walk you through the process in more detail.

If you add these same features to the US map and fix the remainder of the lakes there it should be good. Also would it be possible for you to post a version without the glaciers?
Afghanistan's colour on my map is 90C65B
I think turtle green Afghanistan doesn't fits with Taliban-controlled Afghanistan

Patch #55

Making my way into mainland Asia now

Added the DPRK
Added Heilongjiang
Added Jilin
Added Liaoning

1705580045485.png

Patch #56

I added Mongolia before I did inner Mongolia now you get even more Mongolia with your Mongolia incase you wanted it :) Jokes aside tho these regions were mostly empty so easy to do, I haven't dont second levels for Mongolia proper thought so maybe someone can help out and add those

Added Inner Mongolia
Added Mongolia Proper

1705676266555.png

Patch #56

I added Mongolia before I did inner Mongolia now you get even more Mongolia with your Mongolia incase you wanted it :) Jokes aside tho these regions were mostly empty so easy to do, I haven't dont second levels for Mongolia proper thought so maybe someone can help out and add those

Added Inner Mongolia
Added Mongolia Proper

View attachment 882618
This morning, I thought this was very likely - and now you did it! Both Mongolias in one patch!

Continuing on the southern Pacific:
- North Island of New Zealand
- Chatham Islands (New Zealand)
- Three Kings Islands (New Zealand)

1705683799244.png

Please take care to check these things in the future, if some areas of the map are outdated we can't have that, I think there are some issues with the ROK second levels also

Last edited:
Hmmm what should we do with Chinas artificial floodpains? Should they be shown? Its a bit different from natural ones like salt lakes and stuff
1705743779691.png

Please take care to check these things in the future, if some areas of the map are outdated we can't have that, I think there are some issues with the ROK second levels also
Me personally am so much perfectionist and would draw whole world myself probably 😁

Me personally am so much perfectionist and would draw whole world myself probably 😁
I actually considered doing HEART alone at the start but I decided against that as first off all this project is too big for anyone to do alone and secondly one pair of eyes easily misses a mistake so I wanted to have some oversight while making HEART, I set myself the goal of producing a map that is quantively better than the established BAM meta.

M-BAM in the end turned out to mostly just be a upscale of the Q-BAM, it didnt really provide any more details for its size which is not what I want HEART to end up like, the best way I think I can reach this result is with more eyes and people helping me out :)

If you look at Q-BAM that map has been brought from humble origins 10 years ago to unseen heights because it has a dedicated community of multiple people working on it, I would like HEART to achieve this someday and not just be a "big map", I think collaboration is key to that

Last edited: