The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

I think could possibly happen ITTL: Breaking News! This morning at 5:00 CET CIS Executive Secretary Silvio Caruso* announces a "special operation to disarm and decommunize the state of Greece" mere hour after Athens refused to end its uranium enrichment program! We will keep you updated on any further developments!

*fictional character

I think could possibly happen ITTL: Breaking News! This morning at 5:00 CET CIS Executive Secretary Silvio Caruso* announces a "special operation to disarm and decommunize the state of Greece" mere hour after Athens refused to end its uranium enrichment program! We will keep you updated on any further developments!

*fictional character

Happening now and being equalement of one another current OTL conflict?

Well, he probably would had declared insane. Greece hardly has even capacity to enrich uranium. Probably Italian government would fire him immediately.

Happening now and being equalement of one another current OTL conflict?

Well, he probably would had declared insane. Greece hardly has even capacity to enrich uranium. Probably Italian government would fire him immediately.
I just liked the analogy. ITTL Greece is in the "near abroad" of Italy just like OTL Ukraine is for Russia; after the end of fascism, Athens improved its relationship with the USA and ITTL is in a Taiwan like situation. I also took inspiration from OTL:
Taiwan: the ideal of a nuclear armament program in order to deter the PRC has been discussed many times already;
Iran: the Iranian Nuclear deal saga and the statements made by Israel about possible airstrikes against Iranian nuclear facility;
Zelensky's statement shortly before the Russian invasion started: the intention of making Ukraine a nuclear-armed state again if the security situation didn't improve.

Last edited:
Agree. I can think there being a scenario where China tries take over Korea or messing with Vietnam.
I think China wouldn't go for direct political control in those places as those regions historically have been quite successful at keeping their identity/resisting Chinese control (That doesn't mean Chinese companies wouldn't dominate those regions though, making them effectively colonised regions of China. I just think that direct Chinese control of those regions won't be what China would want to directly control.). The Far East, especially the Russian regions would still have less people there than the Chinese regions. With the US being relatively less caring in that region China would be trying to incorporate that region into China by encouraging the Russians there to secede or by war.

Also, India and China would hate each other. The two hegemons of the region would be trying to control SEA and Indian control of the sea lanes of the Indian ocean would make those countries hate each other. Japan would be likely allies with India on that front due to that.

Are you going to make any more story, Sorairo?

Sorairo has said that he might do to his book more stuff so I hope that some chapters are published on this thread even if they are shorter versions.

Altough some might even write their own stuff altough probably they have ask approval of Sorairo firstly.

I think China wouldn't go for direct political control in those places as those regions historically have been quite successful at keeping their identity/resisting Chinese control (That doesn't mean Chinese companies wouldn't dominate those regions though, making them effectively colonised regions of China. I just think that direct Chinese control of those regions won't be what China would want to directly control.). The Far East, especially the Russian regions would still have less people there than the Chinese regions. With the US being relatively less caring in that region China would be trying to incorporate that region into China by encouraging the Russians there to secede or by war.

Also, India and China would hate each other. The two hegemons of the region would be trying to control SEA and Indian control of the sea lanes of the Indian ocean would make those countries hate each other. Japan would be likely allies with India on that front due to that.
Yeah I dont think China TTL will try a direct war.

The hatred between China and India will be less… severe given the independence of Tibet. The competition between them will probably be in the form of competing over an “economic sphere of influence” as both are powerhouses in that regard.

In general I think that parellelism with the modern world doesnt need to be pushed too much. No need for a Russia Ukraine war equivalent.

And I’m definitely not saying no need for that because of a “better world.” This universe has its own calamities such as South Africa. (Which honestly in many ways is worse than any OTL nation state.) Then there is Nigeria, which from what Sorairo said, is a a brutal, poverty stricken Islamist dictatorship (which I figure would look something like Omar al-Bashir run Sudan, but much larger and thus more extensive Christian persecution.)

The most likely “hot spots” imo are: Nigeria, which could get internationalized if Biafra notices a Christian genocide and resulting refugee flow, Syria (unfortunately TTL Syria is hellish as well) and perhaps a very extreme and disproportionate Turkish military action there, and perhaps the more kleptocratic African states becoming destabilized.

Hello all, I'm just giving a quick status update for publishing.

Assuming nothing goes wrong, the novel should be published (by Sealion) in a few months, but I'd be uncomfortable giving precise deadlines.

I wanted to be completely transparent about something. I added a few extra sections in the novel wrapping up some of the circumstances in Eastern Europe post-Soviet fall, the idea being there would be something worth the buying. One of the largest dealt with Ukraine, with Bandera having survived the war, returning to Ukraine and being funded by the Roman Alliance to come to power, before he starts persecuting ethnic Russians, ultimately leading to a Russian breakaway state and Polish/Belarussian intervention to depose him with the breakaway state in the Donbas/Crimea region becoming a Russian nationalist ethnostate.

For very, VERY obvious reasons, I don't feel comfortable publishing that, not in the least because I currently have a friend in Ukraine (my Chernobyl tour guide with whom I spent two glorious days together with when I was in Ukraine a few months ago) who is currently fighting on the frontlines and I check my phone every day to make sure he's alive. I have now removed the section and informed the publisher, which hopefully won't take much time to resolve.

Assuming nothing goes wrong, the novel should be published (by Sealion) in a few months, but I'd be uncomfortable giving precise deadlines.

I wanted to be completely transparent about something. I added a few extra sections in the novel wrapping up some of the circumstances in Eastern Europe post-Soviet fall, the idea being there would be something worth the buying. One of the largest dealt with Ukraine, with Bandera having survived the war, returning to Ukraine and being funded by the Roman Alliance to come to power, before he starts persecuting ethnic Russians, ultimately leading to a Russian breakaway state and Polish/Belarussian intervention to depose him with the breakaway state in the Donbas/Crimea region becoming a Russian nationalist ethnostate.

For very, VERY obvious reasons, I don't feel comfortable publishing that, not in the least because I currently have a friend in Ukraine (my Chernobyl tour guide with whom I spent two glorious days together with when I was in Ukraine a few months ago) who is currently fighting on the frontlines and I check my phone every day to make sure he's alive. I have now removed the section and informed the publisher, which hopefully won't take much time to resolve.
Great to know that the publishing of the novel will be coming up soon!

Yikes talk about bad timing. At least the book will be published soon. I look forward to buying a copy.

Yikes talk about bad timing. At least the book will be published soon. I look forward to buying a copy.

It is sometimes bit odd how AH TL imitate real life. You can't ever know what will happen next. Like one writer had on his TL global pandemic and then ended TL when actual pandemic occured.

It is sometimes bit odd how AH TL imitate real life. You can't ever know what will happen next. Like one writer had on his TL global pandemic and then ended TL when actual pandemic occured.
The author of Rumsfeldia did the same thing because of the Syrian Civil War and Trump's presidency.

Dammed you Putin and his invasion we would get this part of the story if not for your invasion,

Nice to getting in long and hope see the book publish soon.

( please do kill me about the first quote.)

Last edited: