The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Deleted member 109224

Multiracial pluricontinental democratic world-spanning Portugal would be a cool outcome if possible.

Does Italy have Aozou?

Shouldn't Eritrea be a bit bigger on that map, consistent with the borders it had OTL as part of Italian East Africa?

British Cameroons look sort of funky. I'm guessing we'll see a Nigerian North and an Independent South?

Nigeria is now 2/3 Muslim. I wonder what that means.

There were a great many Igbo civil servants in British Nigeria right? I can see Biafra being a very bureaucratized fascist state.

Are Rwanda and Burundi part of Zaire? I thought they were a separate mandate from the Belgian Congo.

How the environment around the Mussolini sea is going to change?
A large body of water is going to change the climate for sure.

Multiracial pluricontinental democratic world-spanning Portugal would be a cool outcome if possible.

Does Italy have Aozou?

Shouldn't Eritrea be a bit bigger on that map, consistent with the borders it had OTL as part of Italian East Africa?

British Cameroons look sort of funky. I'm guessing we'll see a Nigerian North and an Independent South?

Nigeria is now 2/3 Muslim. I wonder what that means.

There were a great many Igbo civil servants in British Nigeria right? I can see Biafra being a very bureaucratized fascist state.

Are Rwanda and Burundi part of Zaire? I thought they were a separate mandate from the Belgian Congo.

They joined after Zaire was founded. Yes, Italy have the Aozou Strip.

I am curious to know how ITTLs India's relations are with it neighbors to the East, North, and South.

Also would I be correct in assuming France's assistance to the separatists in the Nigerian civil war is not common knowledge?

Any thoughts om what other states might follow the AfroFascist model in Zaire?

Wasn't their national anthem I'm afraid. Their national anthem (after they dumped God Save the Queen and went a while without one) was 'Rise O' Voices of Rhodesia' which was set to Beethoven's 9th like the EU Anthem now. You can hear a little bit of it at the end of the video. It's ... pretty cut and paste, especially compared to 'Rhodesians Never Die'. In fact, playing Beethoven's 9th in modern Zimbabwe can get you into a lot of trouble because of its association with Rhodesia.

Hell, why not: ITTL Rhodesia decides to adopt 'Rhodesians Never Die' as their national anthem because Germany is in ITO.

What was "Rhodesians Never Die" then?

It really depends on how much the Portuguese see their colonies as integral to Portugal.

If the colonies are wealthy enough and have enough Portuguese, maybe.

Would a post-Estado Novo Portugal actually be interested in spending billions on poor Africans?

On the topic of Afro-Fascism and Mobutu's Zaire, what has happened to the Banyamulenge (Congolese Tutsis)? It was in the Congo Wars that they were denounced for their alleged Semitic heritage derived from the German and Belgian theorization of the ruling Tutsi ethnicity as superior to the Hutu during colonial times. How's that going now?

I'm mighty curious as to how Italy's military developed ITTL and what would their post-WWII equipment look like? They must be on par with ITO in terms of equipment, training, and technology.

At best, there might be some cooperation over things like economics and historical rememberence.

But not another Union.

It may be a longshot but it may be possible. It would have to be pitched as a way for the member states to avoid foreign domination. Appealing to Austrian frustration with being under Italian dominance, Slovakia under the Soviets, etc. For the Hungarians it would probably need to be pitched as being the bigger man leading their wayward neighbors forward into democracy and prosperity; and maybe lingering sorep sots over having to grant the Soviets passage to Serbia("Hungary is not a road.")

Even then Federation is probably too much. More like a confederation or maybe something closer to the British Commonwealth with the Habsburg in personal union.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of some sort of Austro-Hungarian federation? Now that would be something to behold.

No not really as actua country,. Austria is strongly republican and pretty much no one anymore want that. More plausible would be second Anscluss and even that hardly is going to happen. Austria and Hungary have too different with several ways. OTL even didn't see revival of Poland-Lithuania so why there would be Austria-Hungary?