The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Yeah, but it wasn't an OP post, so I can ignore it, right?

The last two paragraphs were written by myself. RyuDrago provides excellent world-building (to which I'm eternally grateful, as he's clearly more learned on most of these subjects than me) and I like to add to it by dropping hints and clues for what's going to happen.

3gk02s.jpg

The last two paragraphs were written by myself. RyuDrago provides excellent world-building (to which I'm eternally grateful, as he's clearly more learned on most of these subjects than me) and I like to add to it by dropping hints and clues for what's going to happen.
Oh. I usually ignore Omakes, so you are saying I shouldn't here?

Fascist Italy had, and used, chemical weapons IOTL.

Yeah italy used chemical weapon in ethiopia.
I forgot that to be honest. Moreover, i suspect that Mussolini, while not eliminating their Chemical WMD, put them in a second plane, considering the evolution and danger of newer chemical weapons, and the sheer stigma associated with them from the last days of the III Reich.

In the other hand, Nuclear weapons as terrible as they are, and the example of stalin using in on Warsaw, They are still not fully grasped in their after effects, and considering the likely aftermath of a Chemical Missile attack again Israel and maybe Italy itself, it would be the kind of drastic measure used to make clear to Aflaq that he JUST broke a line , and that after it, the Second Arab War will end ONLY with the defeat and destruction of the UAR at the hands of the Allies.

When Aflaq launches those missiles, in short word, Mussolini WILL Cross the Rubicon and order deployment of Nukes against the UAR, and show the world the steel of the Roman Alliance, and the price of pushing it past a line.

They're going for Mecca.

In this moment, Aflaq saw

He fucked up

And Brazil, well now would be in the European black list. Especially Vargas. I bet Argentina and the Spanish South Americans - especially local caudillos or authoritarian presidents are willing to court Rome after the Brazilian veto in the UN. Decolonization may be a thing, but Brazil nonetheless betrayed the West who gave such diplomatic power...

I never considered my country the best at diplomatic efforts anyway, congratulations Brazil x'D

I forgot that to be honest. Moreover, i suspect that Mussolini, while not eliminating their Chemical WMD, put them in a second plane, considering the evolution and danger of newer chemical weapons, and the sheer stigma associated with them from the last days of the III Reich.

In the other hand, Nuclear weapons as terrible as they are, and the example of stalin using in on Warsaw, They are still not fully grasped in their after effects, and considering the likely aftermath of a Chemical Missile attack again Israel and maybe Italy itself, it would be the kind of drastic measure used to make clear to Aflaq that he JUST broke a line , and that after it, the Second Arab War will end ONLY with the defeat and destruction of the UAR at the hands of the Allies.

When Aflaq launches those missiles, in short word, Mussolini WILL Cross the Rubicon and order deployment of Nukes against the UAR, and show the world the steel of the Roman Alliance, and the price of pushing it past a line.
Of course, in this context, if chemical weapons are used by the UAR, Italy will consider using both chemicals and nukes without hesitation. Also, ITTL, nukes a somewhat less of a Rubicon. Italy may still consider avoiding going that far, but only because of strategic considerations, possibly. I do not expect any moral qualms about it.

Honestly I can't help but feel we may be jumping the gun on nukes and chemical weapons being thrown around. What's coming will be very bad, but I don't know that it requires those two menaces to be so. It may be terror/carpet/fire bombings with the various airforces striving to leave no stone atop another in the cities, while in the countryside the RA and Israeli's are effectively given a greenlight to use "Fascist methods" to break any resistance.

Things can get bad enough with conventional weapons being used to their horrifying full potential with the allied nations regarding the RA as the next Evil Empire, and this time they will strangle it in its cradle.

Honestly I can't help but feel we may be jumping the gun on nukes and chemical weapons being thrown around. What's coming will be very bad, but I don't know that it requires those two menaces to be so. It may be terror/carpet/fire bombings with the various airforces striving to leave no stone atop another in the cities, while in the countryside the RA and Israeli's are effectively given a greenlight to use "Fascist methods" to break any resistance.

Things can get bad enough with conventional weapons being used to their horrifying full potential with the allied nations regarding the RA as the next Evil Empire, and this time they will strangle it in its cradle.

Of this I agree, but if it pretty much paints the RA as the next big bad...I suppose it's best to go big or go home.

Otto Ambros, whose experiments with Sarin and Tabun had made Himmler insist on his going to hiding to ‘preserve your genius for our return’. This was what excited Aflaq in particular. While he kept a tight lid on the activities so as not to offend the Soviets, he began work on his ill-fated chemical weapon program, excited by false promises from Ambros that the weapons could be developed to only work on Jews and leave Arabs unaffected.... When combined, the two programs would be used for the final war against Israel.

ji.png

Dolan

Banned
Of this I agree, but if it pretty much paints the RA as the next big bad...I suppose it's best to go big or go home.
Or maybe, very ironically, it would be the Brits and Frenchs who liberally used their nukes in effort to minimize their casualties while Roman Alliance used good old "Glorious Mano-e-Mano Fighting", with minimal Nukes being used because, as with Patton's ideas, those ain't manly.

And thus US Public would see British and French Empires as the "Old Evil Empires" while the Roman Alliance would be seen as "Glorious Fools that are relatively harmless".

Jesus Mother Effing Christ, expanding the field of biological weapons by having agents that affect only a certain ethnic/racial group. I can see almost every other nation wanting to evacuate their people and then pulling a CalBear-esque nuclear carpet bombing

Would the UN have to expand the scope of biological weapons classification or would it create a new classification of WMD for this nightmare, like Genetic Weapons?

Jesus Mother Effing Christ, expanding the field of biological weapons by having agents that affect only a certain ethnic/racial group. I can see almost every other nation wanting to evacuate their people and then pulling a CalBear-esque nuclear carpet bombing

Would the UN have to expand the scope of biological weapons classification or would it create a new classification of WMD for this nightmare, like Genetic Weapons?
Aflaq doesn't actually have race centric chemical weapons that was a lie Ambros told him so he would be granted sanctuary.