OTL Britain really had sheer luck regarding Haldane and his drive to reform the British education system. Here British Conservatism is really going to keep calm and carry on until it is no longer physically possible to do so, isn't it?
Basically. The Britscrew is subtle, but ‘tis a screw
Which

Haldane was this? (Apparently figuring out the correct *family* of Haldanes doesn't help that much)
Same guy. Here he had his hands full with a different job
I mean that possibly result in offending maybe even hurting the ''real British''' ie gentry something that cannot stand the massacres are to them more akin to a just punishment.

Though I imagine the education neglect may haunt them for a while.
Basically, yes

OTL Britain really had sheer luck regarding Haldane and his drive to reform the British education system. Here British Conservatism is really going to keep calm and carry on until it is no longer physically possible to do so, isn't it?
Britain was *really* playing with loaded dice from 1815 to 1914. (a d6 where someone had put five more dots on the side that would have been a one). (or in D&D terms, they had a ring of luck that allowed *all* rolls to be rolled with advantage (roll two dice and pick the better one))

Hope britain finds it's footing.
Makes one of us. Personally wishcasting that the telegraphed Francescrew is a fakeout and the CEW ends with France achieving its natural borders and Bonaparte dynasty reigning for a thousand years. It's the most aesthetically please European empire.

Considering OTL was such a Britwank this may honestly be less a screw more "what if Britain did regular? Like, not bad, not screwed, just normal instead of rolling nat-20's for 100 straight years?"
That’s sorta the thrust of it, really. It’s not that Britain is getting absolutely hammered or anything, it’s just that they aren’t having the absurdly successful run they enjoyed in the latter 19th century.

In fact, it may be the case that Britain winds up ahead of OTL by present day due to this!
Makes one of us. Personally wishcasting that the telegraphed Francescrew is a fakeout and the CEW ends with France achieving its natural borders and Bonaparte dynasty reigning for a thousand years. It's the most aesthetically please European empire.
I have a victorious Napoleon TL for you in the sig (though currently dormant) if that’s your thing!

Considering OTL was such a Britwank this may honestly be less a screw more "what if Britain did regular? Like, not bad, not screwed, just normal instead of rolling nat-20's for 100 straight years?"
To be fair, you could also see that it's rivals like France, Spain, Germany and Russia roller 1s at various times, had they had the same string of luck the Brits had for just a few years they would be the ones on the top of the world or at the very least in Europe and nearby

To be fair, you could also see that it's rivals like France, Spain, Germany and Russia roller 1s at various times, had they had the same string of luck the Brits had for just a few years they would be the ones on the top of the world or at the very least in Europe and nearby
IMO, Nazi Germany rolled a good chunk of 20s from 1936-1941 and then got to the point where US industry was adding 1 to the DC every 3 months. :)
Britain was also helped by the fact that their army wasn't much bigger than some European states that weren't even considered Great Powers, they just paid for someone else to have an Army. :)

IMO, Nazi Germany rolled a good chunk of 20s from 1936-1941 and then got to the point where US industry was adding 1 to the DC every 3 months. :)
Britain was also helped by the fact that their army wasn't much bigger than some European states that weren't even considered Great Powers, they just paid for someone else to have an Army. :)
And as the glorious revolution showed, if an invading army somehow managed to land in England, the British army would've folded, at least until the eve of ww1 where the army was truly better organized and another reason why Gods of Destin is one of my favorite TLs here

Very true, especially Spain where they and the UK had several hundred years of cock measuring in the New World
Subscribed to that one too and eagerly awaiting updates
Thanks! May be a while granted…

And as the glorious revolution showed, if an invading army somehow managed to land in England, the British army would've folded, at least until the eve of ww1 where the army was truly better organized and another reason why Gods of Destin is one of my favorite TLs here
Is there a link to the tl? can't seem to find it

Here, probably the best Napoleon TL on this site, well that and KingSweden's one

So, I've been reading about the Phoenix Park Murders in 1882 as part of a paper that I'm hoping to publish, and it got me thinking. I am assuming that the actual murders didn't take place in this ATL (and even if they did, the actual victims were pretty contingent to butterflies anyway) - but whatever became of Lord Frederick Cavendish in the Cinqo-verse. Or, just as interesting - the rat James Carey (who, in OTL was an Invincible and an elected official in Dublin who'd amition was to become Mayor ... before turning Queen's Evidence, becoming a reviled figure and then getting gunned down while under the 19th century version of Witness Protection).

So, I've been reading about the Phoenix Park Murders in 1882 as part of a paper that I'm hoping to publish, and it got me thinking. I am assuming that the actual murders didn't take place in this ATL (and even if they did, the actual victims were pretty contingent to butterflies anyway) - but whatever became of Lord Frederick Cavendish in the Cinqo-verse. Or, just as interesting - the rat James Carey (who, in OTL was an Invincible and an elected official in Dublin who'd amition was to become Mayor ... before turning Queen's Evidence, becoming a reviled figure and then getting gunned down while under the 19th century version of Witness Protection).
Good question. No, as I recall they did not happen, at least not in the same fashion. Cavendish survives thus and served a variety of roles in various Ministries and as chief adviser to his brother, Lord Harrington, who never ditches the Liberals over Home Rule. The lack of these murders is one reason why the temperature in Ireland cools so much more over the 1880s and 1890s compared to OTL

Good question. No, as I recall they did not happen, at least not in the same fashion. Cavendish survives thus and served a variety of roles in various Ministries and as chief adviser to his brother, Lord Harrington, who never ditches the Liberals over Home Rule. The lack of these murders is one reason why the temperature in Ireland cools so much more over the 1880s and 1890s compared to OTL

It's good to see Cavendish survived - he comes off a supremely good person, and his wife Lucy was amazing as well: it's nice to know they have a good long life together in the ATL (hey, I can get sentimental sometimes! :) )

There IS an interesting idea of whether Carey here ever got his ambition to become Lord Mayor of Dublin - it was Eagan's goal for him initially. Having a (secretly) radical Irish Nationalist as Mayor could really get things interesting - especially once the excrement really hits the fan (though he'd be in his 70s by that point and been a public figure for 30 years ... so it's possibly his radicalism would have been discovered at some point. And if pushed, he'd probably cave in fairly easy as seen in OTL. )

- La Politique Mondiale: Poincaré, France and the Waltz of the Great Powers
Great Chapter, nice to see how Europeans see the war from a their point of view. I wonder how the American nations will view the CEW when the time comes.

- The Second Act of the Georgian Age: Britain 1906-1924
Man, poor Britian, first America disregard its merchant fleets, now it is falling behind in technology. Soon, it will be the North Korea of Europe.

Great Chapter, nice to see how Europeans see the war from a their point of view. I wonder how the American nations will view the CEW when the time comes.

Man, poor Britian, first America disregard its merchant fleets, now it is falling behind in technology. Soon, it will be the North Korea of Europe.
As opposed to the CSA, the North Korea of the Americas. :)