Nazis are going to kill anyone they want once they have enough power.
It's just a matter of time.
And probability depends on the the scale of the victory. Some are more likely than others.

But back to the point here. I haven't even gotten close to 1940 yet so can everyone please save this discussion for when i get to 1940 at least.
THX.

I fail to see how Richtenhoffen surviving leads to deathcams in 1940 but i will wait.

Dolan

Banned
everyone, please let the OP have a much more creative regime and not outright hurling the "notzis".

Hitler who was a poor unemployed bastard during him joining the DAP would be pretty much different from Hitler who was a middle-class artist during him joining the DAP. I would bet that he would have less inclination of real actions that could endanger himself (like Beer Hall putsch) but more inclination of oratory and theatrical skills.

Between mid 1990's to mid 2000's, the idea of "Red Baron's Luftwaffe" brewing in my mind (POD also took place on 6th July 1917), while I glad someone else do got time to executed it.

From late 2000's onward, I switch the protagonist to Oswald Boelcke, since he was also a tactician and he came from a conservative family and he himself was a nationalist, and his OTL death was a freak one (even his survival of the Great War was a longer shot).

Recently I got a new ASB idea, involving the Peter Principle second ranking ace, and the yet another unsuccessful extension of an Iconic (but ill-fate, in terms of everything after Part II were deem to be not entirely worthy to the predessors) Blockbuster franchise of last year.

Last edited:
Just a 'lil heads up.
Sorry about the lack of updates.
Life is throwing lots of random crap my way.
I'll get the next update by Feb. 14th.
See y'all then!
-Black Dragon

Treaty of Versailles
Here are the main points of the Treaty of Versailles in this TL, which is slightly different from OTL's treaty. These differences will have significant ramifications down the (bloodstained) road.

1. Military Restrictions
  • The Reichwehr is limited to 100,000 men and 4000 officers in a maximum of seven infantry and three cavalry divisions.
  • Military schools for officer training are limited to three, one school per arm.
  • Conscription is to be abolished and paramilitary forces are forbidden.
  • Private soldiers and non-commissioned officers are to be retained for at least twelve years and officers for a minimum of 25 years.
  • Former military officers are forbidden from attend military exercises.
  • The Rhineland is to be completely demilitarized, and military structures on Heligoland and Düne are to be destroyed. (1)
  • Germany is forbidden from the arms trade and the manufacture or stockpile of chemical weapons, armoured cars, tanks and military aircraft is completely forbidden.
  • The Reichsmarine is allowed six pre-dreadnought battleships and was limited to a maximum of six light cruisers under 6,100 tons, twelve destroyers under 810 tons, and twelve torpedo boats under 200 tons.
  • Submarines are completely forbidden.
  • The manufacture or import of aircraft or related material is forbidden for 1 year following the signing of the treaty.
2. Territorial Changes
  • Germany is to be stripped of all her colonies. (2)
  • The Treaty of Brest-Litovsk is rendered null and void.
  • Moresnet and Eupen-Malmedy are ceded to Belgium
  • The Saar region is ceded to France for 15 years following the signing of the treaty, and a plebiscite will be held to decide its fate.
  • The fate Schleswig-Holstein is to be resolved by a plebiscite held in 1920. (3)
  • Germany is to recognize the independence of Czechoslovakia and cede to them parts of the province of Upper Silesia.
  • Germany is to recognize the independence of Poland and renounce all all rights and title over the territory.
  • The province of Posen, Pomerelia, and Soldau are ceded to Poland. (4)
  • Germany is to recognize the independence of the Free City of Danzig.
  • A plebiscite is to be held in 1920 to determine the fate of East Prussia. (5)
3. Monetary Reparations
  • Germany will pay an equivalent of ℳ 20 billion gold marks (US$5 billion) in gold, commodities, ships, securities, or other forms.
Notes:
1. Rhineland and Ruhr were occupied at the end of WW1 by the French and Belgians in response to the High Seas Fleet scuttling itself off Kiel. The scuttling was due to fears by senior German naval officers who feared a communist insurrection aboard the warships and knew they could no longer control their men after the Kiel mutiny.
2. The treatment of Germany's colonies are pretty much the same as OTL, except for one important change. German concession in the Chinese cities of Tianjin and Hankou (Wuhan) are handed to China. The German concession around Qingdao (Tsingtao) is transferred to China. German felt that Japan had only joined the war to seize their Asian colonies and to spite them, they transferred what they could over to China, who they viewed more favorably over Japan. They knew China was rising and it was a good time to improve relations.
3. A south half of Schleswig-Holstein voted to stay German, while the northern half went to Denmark.
4. The Polish territories were a source of anger for many of the Germans who lived there. They would later form the Selbstschutz, a Nazi funded and controlled paramilitary group that assisted the Invasion of Poland.
5. East Prussia stayed completely German.

Chapter 7 is right around the corner.
See y'all then!
-Black Dragon

Tiny nitpick; if you aren't changing anything, the plebescite concerning Schleswig-Holstein transpired differently in three different parts of the region (not particularly equal in size or population), a northern, central, and southern region, not just two regions. Zone I, the northern region, voted to be Danish, as you say, zone II, the small central region voted to be German, and there was no voting in zone III, the southern region, as the Danes simply conceded that region (presumably because it was so obvious that support for becoming Danish in that region was negligible).

One question, Germany has the power to prevent the emergence of paramilitary groups, since the army was small and did not know how powerful the police are.

Tiny nitpick; if you aren't changing anything, the plebescite concerning Schleswig-Holstein transpired differently in three different parts of the region (not particularly equal in size or population), a northern, central, and southern region, not just two regions. Zone I, the northern region, voted to be Danish, as you say, zone II, the small central region voted to be German, and there was no voting in zone III, the southern region, as the Danes simply conceded that region (presumably because it was so obvious that support for becoming Danish in that region was negligible).
Ok, fair point.
But I included it and the part about East Prussia because its still important to the future. :cool:

One question, Germany has the power to prevent the emergence of paramilitary groups, since the army was small and did not know how powerful the police are.
The Freikorp was kind of supported by the government because they were unable to deal with the communists themselves. It gives the Weimar Republic a means of acting, but not being responsible for the act itself. But they were very difficult to control, though that going to be important in a later chapter.

Chapter 7: The Silesian Question
Upper Silesia
17/02/1921
General Jules Gratier stepped out of his staff car and walked across the street towards the site of his headquarters with his aide-de-camp. It had been a difficult time. Polish insurgents had launched two uprisings in Silesia against the German authorities and tensions were at an all time high. Worse than that was the fact that the Inter-Allied Commission could not even reach a consensus about how to resolve the issue. The British and Italians were strongly in favor of German retaining sovereignty over both Upper and Lower Silesia, as it was an important industrial region with large deposits of economically significant raw materials such as zinc, iron, and coal. They claimed that Germany needed Silesia so they could continue to pay off war reparations. General Gratier and the French delegation believed that Silesia should be divided to weaken Germany. Just like their occupation of the Rhineland and Ruhr Valley, though he could see exactly where that was getting France. Sabotage, strikes, and even armed resistance was an almost daily problem over there. Occupation costs and French casualties were rising, yet economic productivity was zero. Their occupation of the Rhineland and Ruhr Valley had only united the Germans, and the French support of Germany communists only made it worse. General Gratier sighed deeply as he kept walking.

"General Gratier, do you think that our occupation of the Rhineland and the Ruhr Valley is perhaps too harsh?"
"I agree Colonel Giraud*, but what can we do? We have already gone too far, beyond the point of no return. Our only viable option is to continue the occupation and hope the workers will see sense and return to their jobs."
"But General is it possible at all to make the occupation less harsh?"

A large truck barrelled down the lane towards the two officers, unnoticed as they continued their conversation. It's brakes had failed, though the truck driver only noticed it after lunch and he decided that it wouldn't be such a big problem. He was regretting this decision as his truck continued to drive at 40 km/h, accelerating as the lane was located on a downhill slope. The driver grabbed the horn and honked it loudly.
"Clear the way, clear the way!" he yelled in Polish, as he waved his left arm frantically. The motion of his arm waving only made things worse, as it moved his whole body and made his right hand jerk the steering wheel a little bit towards the left.
The two officers dove out of the way, but it was too late for General Gratier, whose legs were crushed by the truck as he dove left.
His aide flagged down a passing car and rushed his commander to the local hospital as fast as possible, but it was all in vain. General Gratier was dead.(1)

Upper Silesia
04/03/1921

Jarosław Jablonowski* was nervous.(2) He was executing the first task given to him by the Polska Organizacja Wojskowa (Polish Military Organization) after he had joined. It was to carry a load of dynamite and detonators to a secret safehouse.(3) It was an easy enough task but the streets were crawling with police officers. Jarosław felt cold sweat on the back of his neck as he walked towards the safehouse. When he got close enough, a terrible sight met his eyes. There were police everywhere, and they were closing off streets near the safehouse. Someone must have informed on them. Jarosław turned around and started walking away from the crime scene as fast as he could. But it was too late.

Two burly police officers block his path up ahead.
"Why were you walking over there, kid? This place is a crime scene. Do you know anything about it?"
"I..I...I was just going to my friend's apartment over there. I didn't know t...that it was a crime scene. "
"Oh, is that so? What is your friend's name?"
"Uhhhh... Jan Lipowski."
The two police officers exchanged a serious look.
"You'll have to come to the police station with us kid, looks like your friend is involved in some interesting business."
"I...I...I can't. I have to get home for dinner." Jarosław reached into his left coat pocket with his left hand and felt the cold steel of his .25 ACP Colt Model 1908 Vest Pocket.
"It'll be quick, not more than half an hour." promised the officer on the right.
"I...I...I can't. Dinner is at 1700 and mother will be worried if I don't come home on time."
The police officer on the left started getting suspicious of the teenage boy. Why go to your friend's place when you have to get back for dinner at 1700? Suddenly, he noticed the kid's hand in his pocket.
"Can you please take your right hand out of your pocket?"
In that split second, Jarosław thought the officers had figured out his mission. He decided to shoot the officer on the left and make a run for it, as there was an alley 300 meters away. He was sure he would make it. Pulling out his pistol, he shot the officer on the left, pushed the other officer aside and ran as fast as he could.
The officer on the right took out his sidearm, a Mauser C96, and shot at the fleeing suspect. Jarosław was hit in the head by the first round and was dead before he bit the dust.
Although he would never know this, Jarosław had forever changed the fate of Silesia.

******************************************************************************************************

The death of General Jules Gratier on February 17th, 1921 resulted in overall command of the Inter-Allied Commission being passed to the General Filippo Salvioni. This change proved highly beneficial for the German cause, as General Salvioni was strongly in favor of the Germans retaining sovereignty over Silesia so they could continue their treaty payments. This caused the Polish Military Organization to plan their most ambitious operation yet, despite the massive setback of their most recent failure. Codenamed Operation Moskwa, it called for a sabotage campaign against all roads and railways leading into Upper Silesia, which would be followed by a massive conventional assault by Polish-Silesian insurgents.

The death of Jarosław Jablonowski and the revelation of his knapsack contents lead to a massive Freikorps buildup all across Silesia. It was unopposed by the Inter-Allied Commission, as General Salvioni merely saw the action as Germans trying to defend their homeland. Seeing this drastic change of fortune, the Polish Military Organization delayed Operation Moskwa, hoping that most of the Freikorps would grow discouraged by the inactivity and leave. This proved to be the correct decision, as many did pack up and leave after weeks of boredom. What the Poles never expected was, though most Freikorps had left, a group of Germans and an Austrian would soon march into Silesia and forever change the face of history.

Polish Armoured Car in Silesia 1920.jpg

Polish armored car in Silesia, 1 of 2 produced in 1920. It was later destroyed during Operation Moskwa.

Polish Silesian insurgents 1921.PNG

Polish Silesian insurgents posing for a photo before Operation Moskwa. All personnel identified in the photo were killed during the operation.

Notes:
1. OTL General Gratier prevent British and Italian units from assisting the Freikorp because he was C in C of the Inter-Allied Commission.
2. In case anyone doesn't know this, this symbol (*) means the individual is fictional and of my own creation.
3. They gave the job to a noob/greenie because he had just joined and the authorities had yet to put him on the list of suspects. Creates less suspicion, though it didn't quite work as planned.

With kind assistance of AH user NOMISYRRUC, the Black Dragons were able to defeat the evil empire of Writer's Block at the Battle of Silesia ending the 10 day siege of the Dragoncave.
The next chapter will be posted in the near future!

As usual, questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome!
-Black Dragon

Last edited:
Hey that cliffhanger is evil who is coming into silesia? Adolf and co someone else? What will now happen in a far friendlier inter allied Commision that is the largest change from where i stand! All in all good job.

Hey that cliffhanger is evil who is coming into silesia? Adolf and co someone else? What will now happen in a far friendlier inter allied Commision that is the largest change from where i stand! All in all good job.
Thank you, thank you!
I felt kind of bad for General Gratier, as he is the first person I have killed in this TL.

Just discovered this TL and thoroughly enjoying it. I was also following King Crimson's TL until he got banned, pity.
I've been reading books about von Richthofen since I was around seven, fell in love with WWI aircraft at a young age. I have a few little nitpicks though, Richthofen was still flying the Albatross D.V when he was wounded by Woodbridge's MG round and Richthofen's personal side arm was a P.O.8 Luger not a Mauser C.96. There was a time I could've told you the name of one Richthofen's mechanics too but the ole memory aint what it used to be. :frown:

I also find it a little odd that although you butterflied M.v.R's head wound, he only scored 8 more kills than he did IOTL. M.v.R spent a good amount of time away from the front because of that wound, not only from the time it took to heal but on two separate occasions he had to take medical leave to have bone splinters removed from his brain.
Add in the time between M.v.R's OTL death and the end of the war and the fact that he wouldn't be suffering from terrible headaches and nausea, I speculate that M.v.R's score would've been closer to the century mark.

These are just minor quibbles though and I look forward to more.
Subscribed.

Last edited: