Reds! Official Fanfiction Thread (Part Two)

Good (although disturbing) update, Bookmark!
Sorry for nitpicking, but I have a few corrections to suggest.

Considering he is a Portuguese speaker, it would be more likely that he would be called Fernando Luís Icio Di Grasso. (Hernando and Ignacio are Spanish names)

it should be "O Açougueiro de Celulóide".

it is missing a tilde, it should "São Paulo".

the "of" particle is not capitalized, so it should be "Amigos da Itália".

I think you meant "just so Di Grasso could capture the horror".

Yeah, I grew up speaking Spanish, so I'm not an expert of Portuguese conventions. I also don't have a Portuguese keyboard, so I can't really use those symbols, so.. :biggrin:

Quotes about Cuban Americans (By Bookmark1995)
Quotes about Cuban Americans

Cubans defy the political spectrum. They have SEU lifestyles, and Liberation voting patterns.

-William F. Buckley, 1987

They're arrogant, promiscuous, and belligerent. They are more revolutionary then anything produced from Debs and Moscow.

-Enoch Powell, 1978

Our Cuban comrades operate under a mixture of American social revolution, and their own unique blend of reactionary nationalism that was the result of years of Yankee oppression. Generations of Cubans in America have longed for their island, the same way the French imperialists longed for Lorraine, or the Serbs longed for Bosnia. I prey they don't repeat Sarajevo.

-East German head of Foreign Affairs Oskar Fischer, 1983.

The further South you go in our Republic, the more you feel like you are in a different land altogether. Them Cubans have taken it over, and built their own slice of Havana.

-Florida politician Lawton Chiles, 1991

I feel I would be more safe in a nuclear waste dump then I would staring down the barrel of Cuban soldier's gun.

-ex-Rhodesian soldier Roy Bennett, 1995

The Mormons, motivated by their own odd idea of God, turned a patch of desert into an oasis for people who like Jello and dislike booze. The Cubans and their transformation of sweaty, humid swamp into a major hub is due to their belief in the cult of Marx.

-Excerpt from America Explained: An Atlas, 1998

There is a reason our city (Miami) is the most militarized city in America. The reactionaries of Cuba see their island as a refuge until they one day retake the American homeland. Cubans, decades later, are always seemingly prepared for an invasion to retake their homeland. Even on their break times, student militias take their guns to the beach, because they expect to invade at a moment's notice. I did that, and so do my grandchildren.

-Cuban Exile Ilenea Ros-Lehtinen, 2008

I had a Cuban drill instructor. Whenever she spoke about reactionaries, I felt she was speaking about her own personal war against the reactionaries who took over her homeland, rather than the eventual triumph of capitalism.

-UASR Commandant Michael Bay

Last edited:
Situation in Mississippi (by BP Booker)

BP Booker

Banned
News articles experts of the situation in Mississippi in early 1934:

…The last of the old confederate statues has been removed from Jackson today, to be replaced by a statue of Mark Twain. Most were demolished during the second civil war, but some remained Governor Williams said to the state congress that now “Us Mississippians will have true heroes to look up to”, his Democratic-Farmer-Labor co-partisans have applauded the efforts of “de-confederatization” but the opposition from the right, the rump Democrats, have blasted this “erasure of history” and the opposition from the left, the radical abolitionists, have criticized the DPLP for not going “all the way” with getting rid of the old Jim Crow Laws…

“… Over 10,000 reservists have arrived from other southern states – mostly from neighboring Louisiana, Georgia and Virginia – to support the fragile DPLP coalition government in Mississippi. Similar steps are being taken in Alabama, where an equally unstable coalition of blacks and moderate poor whites it also attempting to integrate the state institutions. Governor Williams has stated that it was imperative that no northern troops arrived in Mississippi or any other southern state, least memories from the Reconstruction era flared up and undo the progress that has already been achieved…”

“…For the third time this year there was an attempt to overthrow the DFLP coalition government in Mississippi. Irregular militia men numbering in about 500 hundred attempted to storm the state Hall of Justice, but were beaten back by southern reservists, anti KKK militia men and even some of the state congressmen armed with rifles...”

“The state security directorate warned today that the government provision against hiring anyone for a public service position who had been a member or sympathizer of the fascist white supremacist KKK is not being followed in Mississippi. Governor Williams responded that Mississippi needs as many capable bureaucrats as it can to rebuild the shattered state, and that the reality of the matter is that the KKK was an enormous social and political force in the state, that no one could avoid associating themselves with. Radical abolitionists have lambasted Williams for appointing only whites, even if they are anti-racist, to high ranking government positions to appease conservative whites…”

“… The new education edicts in Mississippi appear to be a compromise no one is happy with. All white and all black school have been abolished, to be replaced, at least in the foreseeable future, by unified schools were white students will use one part of the building, and black students another one. Common areas like cafeterias and recess yards will be used by both races, but at different times of the day. Students will have different teachers, white teachers can teach black classes, but not vice-versa. Radical abolitionists wanted full integration and the rump democrats were willing to live with full and equal funding to all black schools, but both extremes were defeated. Many believe that the backlash after the abolition of the anti-miscegenation laws spooked the DFLP from going farther”

Radical Abolitionists = People who wanted and fought for total racial equality

Love seeing the relationship between the two countries explored like this.

Jello characterized their relationship as...decent, but often they disagree over the means to achieving true communism.

Ironically, the USSR, though a less open country, is the more sane partner in this relationship, with the Americans being the more belligerent ones.

I think you meant USSR here?

Yes. Thanks.

Quotes About American Soviet Relations
The CCCP is a lot like us: it is vast nation of proud tradition, great wealth, and containing many cultures and ethnic groups, united in the ideal of world Revolution.

-Excerpt from Beginners Geography, 3rd grade geography textbook, 1963
The history of the Russian people is 550 years old. The first state of the Eastern Slavs in the East European Plain appeared in the 9th century. On the territory of the USSR there are also older peoples - the Armenian kings fought against Rome and the Sassanids.

I spent my year abroad in Leningrad. Going to a Soviet city is like visiting your old-fashioned relatives in the sticks. They spend a lot of time being uptight and bitching at you for what you wear (or not) and what you listen you. You love them, but you wished they could relax.

-Excerpt from Love and Tolerance in Russia by Camille Paglia, 1991
Actually, according to the "word of God," the USSR has become even more radical than America:
Soviet Popular Front (SPF)
Party of Government?: Junior grand coalition partner to the SRSL

Cultural Stance: Significantly more culturally libertine than the CPSU, embracing a number of American stances on sexuality and free love. To be sure, when in government the SPF has often commissioned works of art that put the armed revolutionary struggle on a pedestal.

Soviet Radical Syndicalist League (SRSL)
Party of Government: Yes

Cultural Stance: One of the most libertine parties in the Soviet Union, to the point of sometimes being said to surpass the Liberation Communist Party of America in this regard.

By the 1980s and after the second Soviet constitution made in the 70s in response to 1968 style demonstrations, the USSR is farther to the left on average than the UASR and the UASR is already farther to the left than any major OTL leftist movement as a rule.

Last edited:
By the 1980s and after the second Soviet constitution made in the 70s in response to 1968 style demonstrations, the USSR is farther to the left on average than the UASR and the UASR is already farther to the left than any major OTL leftist movement as a rule.

So what does that entail? A Second Cultural Revolution on steroids? Or is that "spoilers".

So what does that entail? A Second Cultural Revolution on steroids? Or is that "spoilers".
A lot of it isn't quite decided yet, but basically there are three great "gear shifts" in soviet society. The first is the birth of the UASR and the inability of high stalinism to form. The second is Mikhail Frunze, Zhukov, and Rokossovsky et al forming the Soviet Popular Front in protest of Molotov's decision to have the USSR avoid escalating the horn of Africa conflict into WW3; breaking the CPSU's hegemony and letting in some new parties and introducing some modifications to the Soviet constitution. Then comes the 197X demonstrations that completely replace the Soviet Union's whole governmental structure and sees the birth of the Radical Syndicalist, Green Union, and Revolutionary Vanguard parties in a velvet revolution.

A lot of it isn't quite decided yet, but basically there are three great "gear shifts" in soviet society. The first is the birth of the UASR and the inability of high stalinism to form. The second is Mikhail Frunze, Zhukov, and Rokossovsky et al forming the Soviet Popular Front in protest of Molotov's decision to have the USSR avoid escalating the horn of Africa conflict into WW3; breaking the CPSU's hegemony and letting in some new parties and introducing some modifications to the Soviet constitution. Then comes the 197X demonstrations that completely replace the Soviet Union's whole governmental structure and sees the birth of the Radical Syndicalist, Green Union, and Revolutionary Vanguard parties in a velvet revolution.

But even still, I would imagine them still playing catch up to the UASR, in terms of social progress and attitude toward revolution.