Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

what reference are you using?
1625120339450.png1625120355104.png1625120381939.png1625120423613.png

1625497232350.png

Provinces and Lands of Sweden. Note that the land corresponding to the modern Finnish regions of Ostrobothnia, Central Ostrobothnia and South Ostrobothnia were part of the Swedish province of Ostrobothnia but unlike the rest of the province, part of the Österland land (in any case the border there is marked different). Ingria, Livonia and Estonia were dominions and not provinces proper but have been added nevertheless.

Uploading a link cuz AH says its too large again.
A way to upload the full map here is to open the DA map in another tab and copy the link to that file.

Are you 100% sure of those English subdivisions?

Where is County Durham, or Hexhamshire (the latter was still a county until 1572)?

Why is there a random South Yorkshire? Is that Hallamshire? I have never seen a map that gives the borders of that county.

Why is all of Cambridgeshire coloured in that way? Palatinate status was for Ely only.
The Wikipedia page for Hallamshire shows two rough maps of what would've been the borders of the county

there's also my war of the roses patch, whixh is just the historical counties as they were at the the time coloured in lanc, york, and neutral

Crazy Boris

Banned
Didn’t know about those, truthfully I am not very familiar with old English counties. I’ll get around to fixing it when I have some more free time.

Love the NA map! do you have any labels for which tribes are which? (or atleast the bigger ones since california looks like a spilled bag of skittles)
The full, finished map will have 2 versions, one without labels and one with, although I won't label all tribes, just the important/bigger ones. The same for South America (as I'm still finishing the Amazon).

Crazy Boris

Banned
How accurate is this one

World_in_820.png
I think that’s actually based on one of mine from a long time ago (with some edits, some colors and labels are different than what I made. The original is on my deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/crazy-boris/art/800-world-map-738565862),

Honestly it’s not that good. I just sort of eyeballed a lot of the borders without really thinking, and I have no idea why Tibet is so huge and is up into Xinjiang, and I know for sure a bunch of countries are probably missing, not least in Mesoamerica where I got lazy with “Maya city states”

It’s honestly a little embarrassing, if someone was gonna steal and edit one of my maps, why couldn’t it be one of my good ones?

I think that’s actually based on one of mine from a long time ago (with some edits, some colors and labels are different than what I made. The original is on my deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/crazy-boris/art/800-world-map-738565862),

Honestly it’s not that good. I just sort of eyeballed a lot of the borders without really thinking, and I have no idea why Tibet is so huge and is up into Xinjiang, and I know for sure a bunch of countries are probably missing, not least in Mesoamerica where I got lazy with “Maya city states”

It’s honestly a little embarrassing, if someone was gonna steal and edit one of my maps, why couldn’t it be one of my good ones?
Tibetan Xinjiang is actually historically accurate but yes it's not the best map ever

Crazy Boris

Banned
Didn’t know about those, truthfully I am not very familiar with old English counties. I’ll get around to fixing it when I have some more free time.

unknown.png

1444 with (hopefully) fixed English counties (the war of the roses patch has disappeared so I had to just sort of try to figure them out with the few available maps)