Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
Wondering if anyone has Prussia's borders after the Third Partition of Poland and before the Treaty of Tilsit? The maps in the compilation skip straight from 1789 to 1812.
Prussia 1795-1807.png

I'm working on a full 1756 (just before the 7 years war), this is a WIP North America:
qbam 1756.png

I'm trying to map the most important native groups, or the ones that had contact with Europeans, or lived in "European Territory" (colonial claims). Some borders are really imprecise, so they might be wrong.

California is getting me a headache.

Last edited:
I'm working on a full 1756 (just before the 7 years war), this is a WIP North America:
View attachment 660770

I'm trying to map the most important native groups, or the ones that had contact with Europeans, or lived in "European Territory" (colonial claims). Some borders are really imprecise, so they might be wrong.
I'm not sure how much control the Iroquois had over all that territory.

I'm not sure how much control the Iroquois had over all that territory.
Their original territory was only northern Pennsylvania and New York, yeah. However, in the XVII and XVIII centuries they had some expansion, and they, by 1756, expanded (not only conquering other tribes, but also "adding" them to the confederation) up until the territory shown there.

View attachment 660770

California is getting me a headache.
A few native american tribes you should definitely add are the Shawnee, Miami, Lenape Delaware, Odawa, Wabanaki Confederacy, and Illini Confederacy, as each should be somewhat independent around this time and were very important in the wars to come pre and post revolution.

Another preview (1756 North America):
qbam 1756.png

Edit:
Here's Europe, I still have to fix some things but it's nearly finished.
qbam 1756.png

Last edited:
Another preview of January 1756, Mediterranean and Near East:
qbam 1756.png

Fixed the Jersey mistake that Analytical Engine said.
Also, any other criticism is welcomed if it helps to improve the map.

Edit:
Here's Europe, I still have to fix some things but it's nearly finished.
View attachment 662413
Just some noticeable things wrong here
  • Why does Switzerland own the territory south of Lake Geneva? They lost that in the 16th century.
  • Prussia doesn't own Austrian Silesia
  • You're using contemporary Prussian Silesia borders, which makes Saxony's eastern borders wrong
  • Why does Mecklenburg own Ost-holstein
  • Speaking of Holstein, it was divided
  • Minden and Lingen look misplaced which is causing Hanover's borders to look wrong
  • There were several exclaves within Austrian proper
  • I don't know what you're trying to achieve with these outlines, some look like vassals, others tributaries, others personal unions?
  • Swedish Pomerania looks wrong, it shouldn't go that far east
  • Lorraine looks wrong, it should look something more like this, or this
  • RIP Bremen, Hamburg and Lubeck
Only in the way that the really tiny states are too small to be shown on the map. :p
I mean obviously the "really tiny" states aren't going to be shown, but in this case, the map maker is just outright lazy. There are numerous states that can be shown like Wurttemberg, the Palteinate holdings along the Rhine, Nassau, Hessen-Darmstadt, Hessen-Kassel, Trier, Cologne, Munster, Westfalia, Paderborn, Mainz, Wurzburg, Bamberg, Ansbach, Bayreuth, and much much more. All of which are much larger than the likes of San Marino, Monaco or Liechtenstein. Instead, we have the giant Germany blob and the couple of "outliers" like Passau because it's convenient to fill-bucket.

Last edited:
Just some noticeable things wrong here
Some of them have been fixed prior to this, as I've been working on in and improving some stuff, thank you for your corrections and suggestions.
I mean obviously the "really tiny" states aren't going to be shown, but in this case, the map maker is just outright lazy. There are numerous states that can be shown like Wurttemberg, the Palteinate holdings along the Rhine, Nassau, Hessen-Darmstadt, Hessen-Kassel, Trier, Cologne, Munster, Westfalia, Paderborn, Mainz, Wurzburg, Bamberg, Ansbach, Bayreuth, and much much more. All of which are much larger than the likes of San Marino, Monaco or Liechtenstein. Instead, we have the giant Germany blob and the couple of "outliers" like Passau because it's convenient to fill-bucket.
As said previously, the HRE shown in that map is really incomplete as I still had to work on it. As Europe is basically completed except for the HRE, I just wanted to show the progress.