A quick update - hi everyone, it's been a while. I've been a little AWOL with some projects, due to health reasons and personal, but I have one final piece of Proxima that I'm working on that I'd like to get out before I resume working on Scorpion's Tale, and the future of Horizon and more. So much of Proxima has been about the human spirit, the need to go higher, faster, farther - together. I wanted to assemble a collection of quotes, thoughts and feelings from the Olympus program, and the real world, to give us a sense of what the world thought as humans set forth for the planet Mars. This will be the final installment, I think, before I wrap it all up and shift to Scorpion's Tale and Horizon full time, as well as continue to contribute to other alt history projects here and there. This last chapter will feature works and contributions from people who I've had the pleasure of working with throughout the project, and give them a chance to leave their mark as we send off this tale. Don't worry, there will be many stories yet to come, but I feel this upcoming final installment will give me the closure I need to move on from this project. It has occupied a great deal of my life, spanning from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic until now, and continues to leave a lasting mark on me. Proxima is my baby, and I want to share some final closing thoughts with you, the people who encouraged me to go forth and make this work a reality. Expect that oh so soon, dear friends.

All the best,
Nik.

A quick update - hi everyone, it's been a while. I've been a little AWOL with some projects, due to health reasons and personal, but I have one final piece of Proxima that I'm working on that I'd like to get out before I resume working on Scorpion's Tale, and the future of Horizon and more. So much of Proxima has been about the human spirit, the need to go higher, faster, farther - together. I wanted to assemble a collection of quotes, thoughts and feelings from the Olympus program, and the real world, to give us a sense of what the world thought as humans set forth for the planet Mars. This will be the final installment, I think, before I wrap it all up and shift to Scorpion's Tale and Horizon full time, as well as continue to contribute to other alt history projects here and there. This last chapter will feature works and contributions from people who I've had the pleasure of working with throughout the project, and give them a chance to leave their mark as we send off this tale. Don't worry, there will be many stories yet to come, but I feel this upcoming final installment will give me the closure I need to move on from this project. It has occupied a great deal of my life, spanning from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic until now, and continues to leave a lasting mark on me. Proxima is my baby, and I want to share some final closing thoughts with you, the people who encouraged me to go forth and make this work a reality. Expect that oh so soon, dear friends.

All the best,
Nik.

Sorry but since you left us unattended and unsupervised for so long we've held a forum discussion and decided we'd continue Proxima as a series of awful fan-fic entries and blame it all on you... Didn't you get the memo? :)

Randy

Hi folks, it's been a while - but I'm moving! To ensure that Horizon remains accessible for everyone, the series will be hosted on Sufficient Velocity, as well as in the ASB forum here - the first chapter of which has just gone up! Please enjoy, and I hope to see you all there!
Hey Nik, were there any Space Shuttle launches from Vandenberg AFB in the world of Proxima? I don’t think there were,but what do you have to say?