Ogadai survives a bit more

Keenir

Banned
MerryPrankster said:
They're interesting and they got screwed over by history.

that's part of why I'm giving the Sicarii another chance.

(that is, because hte Sicarii were likewise dumped by history)

Keenir

Banned
Condottiero said:

*looks at the picture*

Georgian Ottomans or Armenian Ottomans?

rather like the bloodline of OTL Ottomans, minus the Greek marriages.

lovely map, I say.

Keenir

Banned
Cloudy Vortex said:
Ignoring dynastic legends, the Ottomans were a ch. 13 reorganization and renaming of the Anatolian Seljuks. Everything I've seen shows the Ottomans and Seljuks being one and the same. They named themselves after a great leader with a new vision, same as the "first" Seljuks. First they were Oghuz, then Seljuk, then Osmanli, now Turk.

well, the Khazars were also Oghuz....doesn't mean the Khazars were Seljuk.

just two lira.
:)

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
There's nothing wrong with thread necromancy, in moderation, and it can often lead to a regeneration of old forgotten timelines.

Having said that, Keenir, you should be advised that Molobo was banned months ago, and thus cannot reply to the points you raised. ;)

Keenir said:
??

necromancy? nae.

I was just reading hte thread, and wished to make constructive comments.

No problem, its just that the last post before yours was July of 2005. Usually when a thread goes this long without a post it is determined to be dead. However constructive comments are always welcome.

Keenir

Banned
Thande said:
There's nothing wrong with thread necromancy, in moderation, and it can often lead to a regeneration of old forgotten timelines.

Having said that, Keenir, you should be advised that Molobo was banned months ago, and thus cannot reply to the points you raised. ;)

well...other people can; right?

(and yeah, I saw where he was banned right in this thread)

regeneration....one can hope. (this discussion counts, imho)

moderation...I kept telling myself "okay, this is my last reply in this thread; after this, I'm just going to read the thread"...I tried, really!

Keenir

Banned
Shadow Knight said:
No problem, its just that the last post before yours was July of 2005. Usually when a thread goes this long without a post it is determined to be dead.

its not my fault I wasn't here.
:)

Shadow Knight said:
However constructive comments are always welcome.

thanks.

Faeelin

Banned
Keenir said:
Genghis Khaan invaded the Chinas....it wasn't until Hugelu(sp) that a Mongol leader "went native".

Do you mean Khublai? Hulegu was the one that conquered Mesopotamia.

Also, Khublai was the one that successfuly conquered China south of the Song, which is suggestive.

Keenir

Banned
Condottiero said:
I thought this was dead, but if any of you is interested and have fresh ideas about how to continue it... I could retake it.

in the end, goodsir, it is up to you.

yes, I would be interested in this being revived...but its your thread.

I wish you well either way.