• God Save the South

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • The Bonnie Blue

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 191087

Thanks for the compliments!

Wrt your question, there's already quite a lot of breadcrumbs there, and there will be more. Read closely, follow all the hyperlinks. If you're not familiar with a name, give them a quick Google.

Happy hunting!
Right then! Sorry if I came across as not paying attention then, I’m a bit of a hasty reader lol.

@dcharleos, might as well ask, but what official anthem would the CSA adopt ITTL? I assume either God Save the South or Dixie would be the CSA anthem ITTL as both were unofficial CSA anthems IOTL, but still.

dcharles

Banned
@dcharleos, might as well ask, but what official anthem would the CSA adopt ITTL? I assume either God Save the South or Dixie would be the CSA anthem ITTL as both were unofficial CSA anthems IOTL, but still.

Haven't thought about it, honestly.

If we get to...eh, 75 likes on the first post (the preface), by Friday at 12pm EST, I'll make a poll and let y'all decide.

Sound good?

Last edited:

dcharles

Banned
Right then! Sorry if I came across as not paying attention then, I’m a bit of a hasty reader lol.

Not at all!

The rationale behind an answer like that is this:

Every work doesn't have the same level of Easter eggs/breadcrumbs (nor should they; that's an observation, not a humblebrag) so as a reader, it's fair that anyone would blow by a few. No two stories read in the same way, so for any individual story, the reader has to kind of get their bearings as to how much detail they should give to a reading. If I give a straightforward answer to all the questions, I'm not indicating to my audience how much they should be paying attention to the text.

Last edited:
I wonder what's the official flag of the CSA?

Some form of this:

flag-Confederate-States-of-America-design-times-March-1861.jpg

The ANV battle flag wouldn't be as popular in TTL.

Last edited:
Just spitballing here, what if the CSA uses the original flag based on the same stars-and-stripes formula, and then once the New South Party gets in power, they change it to the more well-known battle flag used by segregationists and neo-Confederates? Seems like an opportunity for historical convergence, as well as reinforcing how they’re still as evil as the old Confederate establishment they’re sweeping out of power.

—William J. Cooper, More Than Provisional: A Reassessment of Jefferson Davis (Greenville: Furman University Press, 1982), xi-xii.
Just scrolling through and liking all the posts (which I almost always forget to do) and noticed this, which made me smile. The author's last name is my RL last name, I'm from Greenville and my grandfather graduated from Furman. Perhaps this is my ATL evil double.

dcharles

Banned
Just scrolling through and liking all the posts (which I almost always forget to do) and noticed this, which made me smile. The author's last name is my RL last name, I'm from Greenville and my grandfather graduated from Furman. Perhaps this is my ATL evil double.

Oh wow! I spent some of my growing-up years in Greenville!

FWIW, Furman, TTL, is kind of the Princeton of the South.

Not *quite* the best, but way up there. And suitably conservative.

that's a real person in otl he wrote Jefferson davis:American