No GNW (or “Peter goes South”)

If this is not too much to ask, I am conducting a study about pollution in India, if you live in India and could answer this form for me I would appreciate it. The form is completely anonymous so please answer truthfully. In addition, if you could share it with family and friends then it would help greatly. Thank you very much.
https://forms.gle/rud4iFjKjZeswWWX7

If this is not too much to ask, I am conducting a study about pollution in India,
I am not indian but India is Brazil here so same thing really

In all seriousness though are you conducting this study for real? Because if so pretty cool
Im asking because this could be a virus so since members have already clicked on those by accident before and their account was used to spread it

I am not indian but India is Brazil here so same thing really
Yeah, our nations are the same place basically, a vast area of land colonised by a single tiny European nations
In all seriousness though are you conducting this study for real? Because if so pretty cool
Im asking because this could be a virus so since members have already clicked on those by accident before and their account was used to spread it
Yes, it is quite real, I promise it is not a virus(I don't have the skill to pull that off), but still, it is genuine.

Dilemma
Dilemma

At that point, if you want TL to continue, I’d have to get into the Far East affairs rather deeply but I noticed that the China-Japan stuff is not very popular (quite understandable, personally, I can’t memorize the personal and geographic names or to keep track of who is friendly with whom against whom at each specific moment). Outside this framework the military stuff, including wunderwaffe and fighting, does not make too much sense and it is going to RIP (not sure how to organize a descent funeral chapter 😢 ).

It was a great story, and I'm sorry to see it go, but understand why you chose to end it Asian politics especially around that time are far too confusing. As for a funeral chapter, maybe something like a look into the future article or something about how Russia looks in the 2000s in terms of GDP, Military etc?.

Dilemma

At that point, if you want TL to continue, I’d have to get into the Far East affairs rather deeply but I noticed that the China-Japan stuff is not very popular (quite understandable, personally, I can’t memorize the personal and geographic names or to keep track of who is friendly with whom against whom at each specific moment). Outside this framework the military stuff, including wunderwaffe and fighting, does not make too much sense and it is going to RIP (not sure how to organize a descent funeral chapter 😢 ).
Precisely which parts are causing you the most problems?

Precisely which parts are causing you the most problems?
Judging by the numbers of “likes”, the only criteria of interest available to me, the Chinese-Japanese parts are not generating too much of interest and, short of rather unlikely in this TL environment, which led to ww2, what’s there to write about alt-Europe/Russia of the 1930s?
Poland attacking Germany? After the tremendous success against the Czechs, this requires idiocy on unrealistic scale.
Germany attacking Poland? No reasons that I can think about.

Italy going to war. With whom (except Ethiopia)? And I’d need to learn much more about Italy to write something coherent.
Russian economic development? A litany of their economic successes, blahblahblah. Extremely boring to everybody myself including. Anyway, what’s the end purpose?

Putting aside possibility of an early anti-British <whatever> in India (I already did them marching across subcontinent for getting a bag of salt and hardly can beat that level of an idiocy), which requires a study of who is who, where and why, this pretty much leaves the Russian affairs on the Far East. This justifies the stories about industrialization, mechanization, wunderwaffe-zation, etc. but, as I said, the interest seems to be quite low. As a necessary part of this framework I’ll need to have Japan going into a series of conflicts on OTL scale, including war with the US. Otherwise, war with Russia is going to be on a fantastic side: Russia can’t match Japanese fleet while Japan can’t match Russian land armaments.

What’s worse, I’ll have to switch from the people to the general schemas: how reasonably well off imperial Russia would look like?

I’m not saying that I don’t want to continue, just that as of immediately now I’m not sure how to proceed so any ideas are welcomed.

On principle, I say that India is where to go, but I can tell when a good story is ending and rather than make this like the HRE in the 19th century it is better to give it a dignified end. though if you can make it last I will be very happy

I want to see Poland self-destruct.
As usual, you are quite inspirational.😉 I have to think about the possible details but how about the following general framework? After the lost war:
  • economic situation deteriorates even further: on a top of the crisis there is an indemnity to pay, the foreign loans are scarce, etc.
  • political situation: there are cries about being stabbed in the back by politicians and evil bankers, etc. Sounds familiar?
This gives a boost to the extreme nationalists. Movement gains strength and …. see Germany 1933. The new leadership is calling for revenge and return of the lost territories including access to the Baltic Sea. Then comes “guns instead of butter” and buildup of the military production at the expense of everything else, etc. After all, Poland is one of the biggest countries in Europe so there are some human and economic resources to mobilize.

Who is going to be an intended target? AB (revenge), Sweden (Baltic coast), Germany (lost territories), Russia (lost territories) or combination of the above? Perhaps even some military alliance (Italy? Greece? Serbia?) to make situation a little bit less idiotic? Somehow getting Britain on board?

I’m asking for the opinions and specific proposals.

Honestly if you're forced to do an area you're very much not looking forward to and that would hurt the overall engagement of the TL if you follow this chronologically I'd say using a time skip would be perfectly justifiable

Not saying to jump straight into modern day, but I dont think anybody would be too upset if you went from this to the second half of the 20th century and all the other issues involving Asia & co were solved by then(not in a completely ASB manner mind you, but in a "believable if you're as much ignorant of this region as I am") so that you could focus on Russia's entrance(🤭) into modernity

However if you are feeling like you're done with this project that is also completely fine, and if you wanna do a funeral chapter my recommendation is almost the same as Mawrai's in that I think a overview of how this Russian Empire would look like in the present day would make for a nice send-off to this

Honestly if you're forced to do an area you're very much not looking forward to and that would hurt the overall engagement of the TL if you follow this chronologically I'd say using a time skip would be perfectly justifiable

Not saying to jump straight into modern day, but I dont think anybody would be too upset if you went from this to the second half of the 20th century and all the other issues involving Asia & co were solved by then(not in a completely ASB manner mind you, but in a "believable if you're as much ignorant of this region as I am") so that you could focus on Russia's entrance(🤭) into modernity

Thanks. Jumping to the 1950s and later would be even more difficult, except for the bikini possibilities. I’m not uncomfortable with proceeding more or less chronologically, except that, as I said, it seems that the Far East is not a very popular region. Other than that, in the terms of a possible mayhem and messing up, it is the most promising area within TTL framework.
Of course, proposal of @TimTurner provides an interesting opening but for its full potential and believability there has to be sone distraction far away, even if just to keep Russia not involved.
However if you are feeling like you're done with this project that is also completely fine, and if you wanna do a funeral chapter my recommendation is almost the same as Mawrai's in that I think a overview of how this Russian Empire would look like in the present day would make for a nice send-off to this

As usual, you are quite inspirational.😉 I have to think about the possible details but how about the following general framework? After the lost war:
  • economic situation deteriorates even further: on a top of the crisis there is an indemnity to pay, the foreign loans are scarce, etc.
  • political situation: there are cries about being stabbed in the back by politicians and evil bankers, etc. Sounds familiar?
This gives a boost to the extreme nationalists. Movement gains strength and …. see Germany 1933. The new leadership is calling for revenge and return of the lost territories including access to the Baltic Sea. Then comes “guns instead of butter” and buildup of the military production at the expense of everything else, etc. After all, Poland is one of the biggest countries in Europe so there are some human and economic resources to mobilize.

Who is going to be an intended target? AB (revenge), Sweden (Baltic coast), Germany (lost territories), Russia (lost territories) or combination of the above? Perhaps even some military alliance (Italy? Greece? Serbia?) to make situation a little bit less idiotic? Somehow getting Britain on board?

I’m asking for the opinions and specific proposals.
I would propose some somewhat-short-term problems that distract Germany and possibly Russia while making Poland more able to accelerate its plans. Polish leaders would push for revenge against AB and possibly Germany while seeking support from Germany's opponents. If necessary and/or possible get British support somehow. Soothing Russian concerns if and when they arise could also be considered and priority would be given to avoid making a two-front war for Poland.

Last edited:
Poland, Britain, Serbia, Japan, Italy vs Germany, AB, Sweden( Belgium in ww1), Russia(joining after Sweden is attacked), Hungary
that seems like a good tale,
of course other nations would be dragged in but the list is a start

So what's the spark here?
There would be a need for more than one spark and Britain & Japan in the same boat look unlikely because their interests in China are contradicting each other.
OTOH, Serbia is a perfect candidate taking into an account that both AB and Hungary have areas with the Serbian population and historically Serbia wanted Croats and Bosnians as well, even if the feelings were not always mutual. Italy wants at least Trieste region. Excuse for European part is simple, just taken from OTL: some Archduke is assassinated, etc.

Japan is trickier are requires the US more or less along the OTL lines: conflicting interests in China, US embargo -> attack -> the whole enchilada -> eventually the Russian intervention.

I’ll need to think about details and write couple more chapters to CII TL but perhaps will squeeze something in between.

Thanks to everyone and I’m open for more ideas.

There would be a need for more than one spark and Britain & Japan in the same boat look unlikely because their interests in China are contradicting each other.
Both are scared of Russia's power and after Russia make a move to become a naval power, they decide to ally
OTOH, Serbia is a perfect candidate taking into an account that both AB and Hungary have areas with the Serbian population and historically Serbia wanted Croats and Bosnians as well, even if the feelings were not always mutual. Italy wants at least Trieste region. Excuse for European part is simple, just taken from OTL: some Archduke is assassinated, etc.
Some Polish dude kills the German heir this time though
Japan is trickier are requires the US more or less along the OTL lines: conflicting interests in China, US embargo -> attack -> the whole enchilada -> eventually the Russian intervention.
Though the US is less of a Pacific naval power as their only access is Washington and Oregon, making Mexico an interesting candidate for this(really I feel I like Mexico is US for this TL)
I’ll need to think about details and write couple more chapters to CII TL but perhaps will squeeze something in between.

Thanks to everyone and I’m open for more ideas.
Of course, we are but your humble acolytes