Massively Multiplayer: Gaming In The New Millennium

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...all people here waiting for pokemon? Something else to comment about the TL or just enjoying all so far?

As always we're open to ideas,suggestions, effort,etc.

I definitely want to see Pokemon. I want to know what the cast of the anime has been doing since the last season. I want to see what Jessie, James, and Meowth have been doing since Team Rocket was disbanded. Plus the idea of a Pokemon anime that actually has progression of time is interesting. The anime having a different main character would be a good way to explain away each game's different player design. You know what'd be interesting? Having a member of the Jenny or Joy "families" decide to become a Pokemon trainer instead of a police officer/nurse. That'd be a good idea for a supporting character.

Last edited:
Things of interest:
Sakurai becoming director of EAD. Not just that Sakurai gets to be in such a position, but that the division is still called EAD, considering OTL's Nintendo reorganization, where it was merged with SPD and became the Entertainment Planning & Development division.

A mention of a Kotaku quote also got me thinking of recent events, namely Gawker, the owner of Kotaku, being brought down financially due to the Hulk Hogan lawsuit. I know butterflies and all, I just figured it would be something to consider pop culture wise.

I doubt I'll be able to do anything on the Pokemon update today, but I'm hoping I can post it tomorrow. Please don't hold me to that though, things do happen and I've been having a difficult family situation as of late.

I'll make sure to cover both the game and the TV show, and possibly other aspects of the new Pokemon generation as well.

Kotaku is still around and I'm pretty sure the Hogan lawsuit won't happen, simply because of butterflies.

I doubt I'll be able to do anything on the Pokemon update today, but I'm hoping I can post it tomorrow. Please don't hold me to that though, things do happen and I've been having a difficult family situation as of late.

I'll make sure to cover both the game and the TV show, and possibly other aspects of the new Pokemon generation as well.

Kotaku is still around and I'm pretty sure the Hogan lawsuit won't happen, simply because of butterflies.
Sorry to hear about you having some difficulties. I don't mind waiting. Good luck and I hope your problems are solved.

You always put together the most interesting game TLs.

OOC, has Fire Emblem fared better ITTL, perhaps taken off earlier? What about Golden Sun?

You always put together the most interesting game TLs.

OOC, has Fire Emblem fared better ITTL, perhaps taken off earlier? What about Golden Sun?

Fire Emblem games started to be localized in 1994 with a cartridge-based title for the Super Nintendo, and several more games after that.

Golden Sun was butterflied away, but parts of it were incorporated into the Game Boy Nova RPG Mistlandia, developed by Camelot.

And George R.R. Martin, when he hears about the Fire Emblem game controversy over incest, shrugs, wondering what the big deal is (considering that his Song of Ice and Fire books have that, in spades) :D...

Status
Not open for further replies.