Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brussels will become independent at the 2nd half of the XIX century in this TL....
That didn't address the issue at hand. Brussels is completely landlocked & its border customs would be completely dominated by the Dutch. It's independent in name only in this scenario.

Kick
1678987621605.png

Alright, so no one has any idea what this is?
There is this radio station, 89.1 FM, and it is kind of split between the American Militia Association and this Classical music station in Frostburg.
Whilst driving through Frostburg with the radio tuned to 89.1, I was hearing both stations in areas throughout Frostburg, and it gave me inspiration to make this map.
I used Google Maps for the base map, and Paintz.app for the line of where both stations collide, and you can hear both at the same time.

Thoughts and comments?

View attachment 818541
There is this radio station, 89.1 FM, and it is kind of split between the American Militia Association and this Classical music station in Frostburg.
Whilst driving through Frostburg with the radio tuned to 89.1, I was hearing both stations in areas throughout Frostburg, and it gave me inspiration to make this map.
I used Google Maps for the base map, and Paintz.app for the line of where both stations collide, and you can hear both at the same time.

Thoughts and comments?

Seems a bit like a thick brown brushline over google maps

View attachment 818541

Thoughts and comments?
The line looks like a radio wave

In this TL, in 1815 at the Congress of Vienna, we took better account of the ethnic aspirations in this region, consequently, we brought together the Dutch speakers under the same state, while the Walloons were gathered in Luxembourg to form as a state rump. And the equivalent of the holy empire did not want to take a hand in this region rich in resources.
And how did stuffing all the Francophone the German Confederation? The Luxembourgish of this world even more French leaning, or do you see France ending up annexing all of this area later on?

View attachment 818541

Thoughts and comments?

This is not in any way an alternate history map . We have talked about off-topic posting in this thread.

Kicked for a week, again.

Since Andalusia has managed to get the Balerics, should we assume Muslims also managed to snag or keep more islands in the Mediterranean, perhaps including Sardinia?
No; the Balearics were also IOTL conquered by the Caliphate of Córdoba, and with the avoidance of its dissapeareance, the islands were kept as a part of Qurtuba, but not trying to expand eastwards. They still, however, supported the Muslims in Sicily against the invaders, but the island didn't manage to resist the Normans.
And speaking of islands, do you see Leon as having the Azores here?
The Azores (or, in this world, the Azraq Islands) were conquered by the Leonese on the first decades of colonial exploration, but were lost in the following decades to the Andalusis, due to its superior logistics on the area (having control over the Atlantic coasts of Morocco).
Would the Canaries go to Morocco?
The Canaries will certainly be Muslim, either by Qurtuban or Maghrebi discovery/conquest.
What is the relationship with Anadalusia and the Emirate with whatever the main Caliphate of this world is?
As of today, Al-Andalus does not claim to be the Caliphate, it was eventually abolished and transformed into a Republic. The Caliphate in Konstantiniyye has formal ties with the Andalusis and are seen as two somewhat close nations, with Islam as its common denominator.
Is Francia mainly just France or does it include more of Germany?
It's mainly just France; the spelling "Francia" appears because the map is labeled in Leonese. The partition of the Carolingian Empire in 814 happened just like IOTL, and East Francia (Germany) still evolved into the HRE
Did any Crusades manage to take or retake the Balkans or Jerusalem?
Jerusalem was retaken in the 12th century, but only held by some decades until the Egyptian Mamluks retook it.
Meanwhile the Balkans had been under Christian control until the Ottoman armies invaded in the late 15th Century; they were, as such, not affected by the Crusades.
Do you see Leon and Catalonia as being places other Christian countries would want to get marriage ties to for alliances, or would they be seen as so busy being frontier barriers to any further Muslim invasions that they would be too busy to help out in dynastic wars?
Catalonia was (de iure until the 13th century and de facto until recent times) a buffer state, whose family ties were almost always related to Southern France.
On Leon's side, it had strong value as the "intermediator" between the Muslim and Christian worlds, and so its commercial value made it somewhat desirable as an ally.

Europe in 1900

GWvzZfB.png

Love what you did with the Mamluks. I've seen Big Ottomans, Big Safavids (my personal favorite), but not Big Mamluks yet, so great job on that. But what did you do with their flag? C'mon man, the Among Us Flag was the best. You quite literally Un-Mamluked the Mamluk banner.

1679012545992.png

Now you can't unsee it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.