Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSSA2.png

First time posting one of my maps here, I do alot of them but rarely show 'em off.
I was bored so I did a "Commie Confederacy" thing.

Another Reddit post, this time from the timeline where the United States, Canada, and North America as a whole have been mangled and altered through various cliches and suggestions from the ImaginaryMaps Discord server. I don't know what to call it (suggestions have ranged from Clichemerica, to Clich-imerica, to Blue's North America), but I settled on one thing:

An Altered North America.

This is the scene of eastern North America in 1754, before the promising young general George Washington makes a stand at the Battle of Jumonville Glen, which escalates into the Seven Years' War.

Here it is. I reuploaded it because traces of the draft were still there.
1618006948949.png

View attachment 637257
Euro-MidEast War (Fallout)
I have a particular interest in Fallout lore, especially the pre-war one. I've seen so many covers explaining pre-war Fallout world.

This time, I decided to make my version of Euro-Middle East War, you know, the war that drained the entirety of middle eastern oil. In this map, I've combined information from some sources about what the European Commonwealth was like in the fallout world up to how the war went on. So hope you enjoy.

EUROPEAN COMMONWEALTH
The origin of EC's formation occurred in the 1949, when the West European Coal Community or WECC was formed between France, West Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Italy. Throughout the 1950's more nations joined, notably Spain, Portugal, and the UK, and in 1961, the organization was renamed as European Economic Community.

With the increasing tension with the Eastern Bloc, the EEC became more and more solidified not economically, but also militarily. As the Soviet Union experienced another economic crisis and endless uprising from its satellite states, the EEC expanded. Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Ireland, and Austria joined in the late 80's, solidifies EEC into European Commonwealth. 1990's "reform" in the Eastern Bloc tend to be a success, thus for a counter to EC, the Soviet Union forms the Eastern European Union, with Warsaw Pact members plus Yugoslavia.

The EEU does not last long. Several conflicts in early 2000's along with the West and East Berlin confrontations ended in a semi-war situation with Germany finally reunites, crippling the EEU. The Second German Confederation is formed, quickly applied 1 state, two systems, with both Germany joined the EC. With the now united Germany, the European Commonwealth is now the undisputed superpower of Europe besides the Soviets. Most of EC member military commands are also united. Although most of European Armed Forces equipments are of American origin.

By the year 2020, the European Commonwealth had taken on many of the characteristics of a nation, with a shared currency and a unified military command. Apart from Great Britain and France, who wished to remain independent players on the world stage, the member states of the Commonwealth had effectively ceased to exist anywhere except on paper.

The Commonwealth was hit hard by the energy crisis in the mid 21st century, and found itself entangled in a bloody war with the United Arab Coalition.

UNITED ARAB COALITION
Although the Coalition itself is formed in 2049, the origins of unified Arab World idea can be dating back to the Early Cold War era, where Pan-Arabism is everywhere. Starting from Egypt, to United Arab Republic (with Iraq later joined them), Gadaffi's Libya and its intervention in Algerian civil wars, to the 2022 Republican coup in Saudi Arabia. With the fall of Saudis, the Americans were left with no allies in the peninsula except Oman, Turkey, and UAE, with the latter being subjected to an Arabian invasion in 2030. Iran itself is a shaky Secular Republic, that had been established after a coup in 1980's.

The idea of UAC is requested by UAR, seeing almost all Arab World sharing the same political system along with the fear of European invasion. The Coalition is formed in 2049. Unlike the European Commonwealth, UAC is a loose alliance with shared military. The leaders believed that UAC is the first step to reunifies the Islamic World. Their goal is to fully integrating its member states by 2070, forming the so called Pan Arab Federation. Unfortunately, this plan will never implemented because of the intense energy crisis. With Arabian oil run dry, UAC demanded Iran to share their oil reserve in an exchange for protection by UAC. Iran, supported by the US, obviously rejected these demands. And so, in 2051, Iran experiencing a pro-UAC coup. The new Iranian leader is nothing more than UAC puppet, with UAC-sponsored companies began to pump Iranian oil reserves. Unfortunately, the US does nothing regarding this.

As tensions rise between European Commonwealth and the UAC, a war is inevitable.

THE EURO-ARABIAN WAR
The war was fought between the European Commonwealth and the United Arab Coalition for control over the region's oil supplies. The conflict began on April 3rd, 2052 when the European Commonwealth Armed Forces were mobilized and were sent to the Middle East and North Africa taking the Arab Coalition by surprise.

A British Field Marshall of the European Expeditionary Forces had lead his troops down south and launched major offensives into Syria via Turkey. In response, other European forces began to pull in and took to the UAC by surprised who were lucky enough to even muster up a decent fighting force and declared war on the UAC by the time Syria and Northern Iraq had fallen. Israel had joined in the fight and aligned itself with the European Commonwealth and vice versa and helped establish an offensive line in the region. Morocco, being a de-facto French puppet is able to hold-off UAC forces in Algeria. UAC navies of Libya and Egypt began to mobilize in the Mediterannean Sea. Unfortunately, their defeat in Battle of Sicily by Italian Navy starts to crippling their capabilities to establish a parimeter for the planned Invasion of Europe.

With United Arab Navy is effectively sent to the bottom of Mediterannean sea, European Army opens a new campaign in North Africa. Algiers, Tunis, and other North African population center is captured by EAF during Operation Carthage. United Arab Forces in North Africa is effectively sitting ducks, with the population centers and military holdouts in the shores of Libya and Algeria are reduced to ashes by constant bombing by German, French, and British Air Forces.

UAC forces began to pulled out from Algeria and Libya in order to protect Egypt from yet another European Invasion. Egyptian Northern Coast was heavily fortified, as a result, EC forces sent to Israel to help the IDF advance in Sinai Peninsula. This proved to be a success, with heavy trench desert warfare and a stalemate happened in Suez Canal. Combined IDF and EAF later launched a campaign in Jordan, capturing Amman.

In the Arabian peninsula itself, European advance is rather rarely happened, and more of a sky battles. But with European access to the Strait of Hormuz, a bombing and shelling campaign began. Riyadh, the facto capital of UAC, is constantly receiving bombing runs and shelling from artilleries. Several aerial battles happened, and bombing campaign in UAC air bases destroyed their Air Forces as well. With no air cover nor navy, Western Coast of Arabia is effectively defenseless. European Navies, with an access to the Red Sea, began to launch a campaign, capturing Jeddah.

Footage of "non-muslim European Forces in the gates of Mecca and Jeddah" spreads and led to an erruption of outrage across the Islamic world as UAC citizens either joined the United Arab Forces or became full-blown jihadists and jihad against the infidels that were present in their lands. Turkey rebelled and later ended with a military secular regime being installed. This, along with the fact that Arab Israelis turned against their home country and its allies would led to an increase in combat over the course of the war. On December 23rd, 2053, a nuclear bomb was detonated in Tel Aviv by Palestinian terrorists sponsored by UAC and the city was destroyed

Although European advance in Mecca is stopped, the UAC itself is effectively signed their death sentence. In the aftermath of bombing of Tel-Aviv, Israeli and European bombers roars across major cities of UAC. Israeli bombers and a cluster of European Fighter Jets, successfully detonated an atomic bomb on Baghdad, and a combined European bombing run on Cairo ended with a mushroom cloud above the Egyptian (and UAR) capitol.

In a response, Egyptian government in Alexandria initiates a suicide mission that ended badly. Egyptian aircraft carrying a high-yield plutonium bomb is shot down by European Naval Aircrafts on its way towards Athens. Knowing that UAC would sent more nukes, EAF mobilizes.
But are this all worth it? A fight just for a bunch of black gold in the shores of Arabia?
Later discovered that all oil reserves in Libya and Algeria are all but gone. The Europeans fights for nothing.

(Note: a small portion of words from this writeups are from Fallout Fanfic Fandom. Also forgive me, this is my second time making these kind of map style, so technically I'm a newbie.)
Cool!

1618037895104.png
1618037915753.png

"Do Not Waver" in 1905 AD, Five years since the American Collapse and the presumptive start date of WW1 as a result of the Tangier crisis and the beginning of the Scramble for America.

Also showing current situation in the Boxer War aka Scramble for China

just a example of how bad this TL will be: the Rubber Terror is never uncovered as a result of Britian having a stake in Belgium's rubber plantations and better relations as a result of Germany - it lasts to the 1920s with a total death toll of 15-22 million.

Last edited:
Minor complaint, and this is a trope in maps on here: There is no way on gods green earth that Protestant Württemberg and arch-Catholic Bavaria would willingly form any sort of union outside of Germany as a whole.

Minor complaint, and this is a trope in maps on here: There is no way on gods green earth that Protestant Württemberg and arch-Catholic Bavaria would willingly form any sort of union outside of Germany as a whole.
I can see a Suddeutscher bund forming, if only Austria initiates the union and is a part of it

PostWarJapan.png

One of the better maps I've done, I like the text book aesthetic alot.

This is one of my older scenarios, it's gone through many iterations but basically: Two Chinas, Two Koreas, Two Japans.

frfr-min.png

The World in 1795
POD is the Plantagenet English win the 100 years war, and subsequently ditch England for France. As a result down the line wackiness such as an "Anglican" France, Burgundy becoming Belgium/Pays Bas, Mattias Corvinus's Hungary lasting, the Ottomans successfully invading Italy, and China attempting colonisation in South East Asia.

Map from the last chapter of my chronology: The Sun of Rocroi- A better Grand Condé
1618078284496.png

The map shows the Brandenburg-Prussia Succession Crisis
In 1638 Frederick Wilhelm died of measles, his father, Georg Wilhelm I, already burdened by the ravages of the Twenty-Five Years' War, did not recover and sank further into depression in his Duchy of Prussia.
In 1646, Georg Wilhelm I dies without direct heirs. Brandenburg-Prussia thus reverted to the minor branch of the Hohenzollerns. Christian of Brandenburg-Bayreuth becomes Elector of Brandenburg.
But as soon as he gets the inheritance, the Prussian junkers rise up and refuse to recognize Christian as their Duke. After a succession crisis involving Poland and Sweden, he was chosen as the new Duke Jakob Kettler, Duke of Courland and married to the daughter of Georg Wilhelm I.
Christian of Brandenburg also had to endure the Imperial Diet, which forced him to divide his lands between his two sons.
The elder one, Erdmann August, obtained the Electorate of Brandenburg.
The younger one obtains the Bishopric of Magdeburg as well as the Duchy of Cleves, the County of Marck and the Margraviates of Ansbach and Bayreuth.
But after Christian's death in 1653 the two brothers felt both wronged and were about to clash. In addition, the Electorate of Saxony had its sights set on certain Brandenburg lands.
Thus begins the War of Magdeburg.

Last edited:
Can you do a quick plausibility check for me? I am currently working on drafting a chapter of my TL (link in signature) about alternate German unification. The gist is that Frederich Ferdinand von Beust of Saxony gets a bigger say in the post Austro-Prussian War negotiations and thus is able to stop Bavaria and Saxony from being absorbed into the North German Confederation. Eventually (by 1870; there is no Franco-Prussian War ITTL) Bavaria and Saxony will form a United Kingdom of Saxon-Bavaria in opposition to the Prussia-led North German Confederation.

I am torn between two options, specifically concerning what to do with Wurttemberg, Baden, the Electorate of Hesse, the Grand Duchy of Hesse, Hohenzollern, the Palatinate, and Nassau in terms of allegiance. In both options, Wurttemberg, Baden, and Hohenzollern go to the North German Confederation. What follows are two options I am debating between:

Option 1: In this option, both Hesses and Nassau go to the North German Confederation while the Palatinate (as a region of Bavaria) stays with Bavaria, with an agreement in the treaty for the possibility of free unimpeded travel between Bavaria proper and its Palatinate exclave.

Option 2: The southern half of the Electorate of Hesse and all of both Nassau and the Grand Duchy of Hesse go to Saxon-Bavaria. In exchange for all that, give up the Palatinate to the North.

You'll also note in both maps, I have included Bohemia as part of the United Kingdom of Saxon-Bavaria. Basically, Bohemia is advocating hard for greater autonomy within Austria just like Hungary. However, while Hungarian concerns are being listen to (creating the Austro-Hungarian Empire), Bohemian concerns are pushed aside. Fed up with getting nowhere in negotiations, Bohemia instead moves to join with Saxon-Bavaria, with Austria's begrudging blessing in order to stay on Saxon-Bavaria's good side.

None of this is really set in stone yet, but I wanted to do a quick plausibility check if you're up for it.

Attachments

• Possible dual germany.png
    Possible dual germany.png
    140 KB · Views: 203
  • Possible dual germany 2.png
    Possible dual germany 2.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 421
Status
Not open for further replies.