Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2019-3-23_11-46-54.png

Worlda adaptation of AlexanderAbelard's 2098 climate map, the QBAM and original of which can be found here:

https://www.deviantart.com/alexanderabelard/art/The-Collapse-688894484

Going to need to read this thoroughly, after which I am going to have a few questions about how wide the Paraguay River has gotten. Also, I see people are more annoyed with Germans unifying with Austri than the French with Walloons. You would think that are would have been flooded with Flemings and Dutchmen. Also, that thing about ISIL of this world makings ours like like 'non-abused choirboys' is in terrible taste.

Last edited:

Isaac Beach

Banned

To be fair, lots of people do that intentionally without reference to HOI4 (I've never played the game and I sometimes get rid of that bit of Yunnan). It's just a weird wonky panhandle jutting into China so I can understand why some people want to get rid of it in the event of an independent Yunnan. Usually my justification is just that it was annexed to China because it's indefensible and its awkwardly squashed between Sichuan and Guizhou which probably have better use for it. But that's just my two cents.

To be fair, lots of people do that intentionally without reference to HOI4 (I've never played the game and I sometimes get rid of that bit of Yunnan). It's just a weird wonky panhandle jutting into China so I can understand why some people want to get rid of it in the event of an independent Yunnan. Usually my justification is just that it was annexed to China because it's indefensible and its awkwardly squashed between Sichuan and Guizhou which probably have better use for it. But that's just my two cents.
That's probably fair. It does function as an important corridor giving Yunnan a border with Sichuan*, which was used by the National Protection Army to invade Sichuan in 1916, so it's an important bit of Yunnan. I don't think any governor of Guizhou has ever said to themselves "you know what I've really been missing all this time? Land access to Xikang!".
Zhaotong is too panhandle-ly for Paradox…
.bmp editing is hard
0SzPc9c.png

*Yunnan has a border with Sichuan anyways, but it's the desolate plateau part of Sichuan which doesn't really have anything important in it.

*Silent rage over HoI4-style Yunnan*

My in-universe justification is that China would annex Zhaotong rather than allow it to jut out into its territory since it’s a strategic but surrounded by it on all sides, but man, I just want nice-looking borders and compact countries. I won’t let any panhandles stand in my way and I won’t let Big Accuracy intimidate me.

Maybe it's just me being contrary;
A re-colour of 1448 Aragon
Looks like Moses is back, baby...

Italy did not have 12 million people ethnically cleansed from territories which were culturally Italian since before Italy even existed. This isn't like losing Libya. It's like losing Sicily, Calabria and Apulia to Libya.
I was just making a reference to Italy's notorious governmental instability, which didn't seem to keep them from doing okay in the post-war world. In the end, Germany is going to have to muddle along, because the Soviet Union and West collectively are going to lose their shit if they try to actually do anything about the Eastern Territories. Fool me once, and all that.

Italy did not have 12 million people ethnically cleansed from territories which were culturally Italian since before Italy even existed. This isn't like losing Libya. It's like losing Sicily, Calabria and Apulia to Libya.

To be fair, Germany's eastern border on that map is significantly further east than in OTL. I overlaid it onto google maps to demonstrate-

What this means is that there would be a few million fewer displaced persons than in OTL, their political lobby would be smaller, and the idea of recognizing the eastern border would likely be more politically feasible.

germanypoland.png

I was just making a reference to Italy's notorious governmental instability, which didn't seem to keep them from doing okay in the post-war world. In the end, Germany is going to have to muddle along, because the Soviet Union and West collectively are going to lose their shit if they try to actually do anything about the Eastern Territories. Fool me once, and all that.

Because the goverment change...but first many of the goverment changes were just to show the changed power balance of the ruling coalition usually shifting some ministry but in reality 90% of the thing remained the same; and second till the 90's parlamient was supreme and the parlamentary majority was what really important not the goverment that was more the face/day to day caretaker.
It a little chaotic sure, but once you look more closely very stable

Also, that thing about ISIL of this world makings ours like like 'non-abused choirboys' is in terrible taste.

I mainly changed it from just "choirboys" as a preemptive measure vs those who might make feel impelled to mention recent Church history, but I can understand how it might bother people. So changed it is.

The most popular view is that Greeks of the era simply had a much more limited list of color names, and tended to group colors by "dark" or "light" rather than by the color classifications we use.

Status
Not open for further replies.