Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asami

Banned
That looks like a mighty fine Canadawank

(still WIP, but I've gotten further)

2SnrOaM.gif

From the ascent of King Arthur of Canada to His Majesty's Diamond Jubilee in 1836. Princess Victoria of the United Kingdom, the King's mother, was in attendance in the year leading up to her ascent as Queen of the United Kingdom. While the Confederation would nominally allow for the King to abdicate his duties and restore Queen Victoria to the throne with celerity, it has been over fifty years since Canada found itself thrust back a century, and as a result, young Canadians, particularly those in the Southern parts of Canada, are far less amicable to a Victorian restoration, and would prefer King Arthur's continued reign.

As well, the Duchy of California is stirring up trouble for the Mexicans...

Deleted member 83898

*stare of doom* I think the Great Democratic Stronghold would like to disagree with your idea that Minnesota is a swing state. Even Reagan and his sea of Red couldn't break past our Blue Fortress! I'm also somewhat doubtful we're turning Red anytime soon...

Let it be remembered that the host of Lord Richard the Shrewd once conquered the fortress of Minnesota.

Last edited by a moderator:
So here is a WIP i'm doin' instead of studying for finals and stuff. I'll be done with the rivers this week and be starting the lakes as I stare into the abyss.
Incomplete.jpg

Anyone remember my 1914 Africa ISOT? If not then here is a reminder:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Population Density Map
I ran out of energy to do a write up for each slide, especially after there became a lot of them. For those who were anxiously awaiting how this world would turn out, here is a gif:
africa ISOT.gif

If it is too fast/slow for anyone, I recommend downloading it and flipping through the images individually. Feel free to ask questions.

Hm, so it does appear so on some maps. I guess if candidates spent like 50% of the election cycle in Minnesota (which in this scenario is a real possibility), it could swing, but I'd argue we're just stubbornly blue.

I agree with you. Trump's wave of support stopped short in Nevada, Minnesota, and Virginia; I'd argue that no amount of campaign ads will flip them.

Anyone remember my 1914 Africa ISOT? If not then here is a reminder:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Population Density Map
I ran out of energy to do a write up for each slide, especially after there became a lot of them. For those who were anxiously awaiting how this world would turn out, here is a gif:
View attachment 319856
If it is too fast/slow for anyone, I recommend downloading it and flipping through the images individually. Feel free to ask questions.

I was curious so I decided to look up the populations of various European and Asian groups in Africa in the early 20th century. Most of these are estimates, as concrete numbers are available for only a few of these:

Dutch (Afrikaner): 800,000
British, Scottish, Irish, and other English-speaking Whites: 700,000
Spanish: 350,000
French: 320,000
Indians (Primarily in Mauritius): 300,000
Greeks (Greek-speaking Egyptians): 60,000
Italians: 50,000
Portuguese: 20,000
German: 20,000
Chinese: 3,000 (formerly 60,000, mostly deported after 1910)
Belgian: 2,000

I was curious so I decided to look up the populations of various European and Asian groups in Africa in the early 20th century. Most of these are estimates, as concrete numbers are available for only a few of these:

"against" what number of africans?

And they somehow still manage to rule the globe :idontcare: ... heck even the USA are back and are despite having at best a few thousand citizens going with the ISOT, control most of the OTL USA and even northern Asia .... Jesus ... meanwhile Africans don't get their shit together.

That's really fucked up.

Like I wrote a few weeks ago:
Its pretty common on this side to have Europe dominate the globe no matter the POD ... but this is the most extreme case of Euro-wanking I have ever seen.
The metropoles are gone. The factories are gone. The population base is gone. The trade network is gone. The supply is gone. But despite all this the Europeans do still control most of Africa and somehow still exert political, economical and cultural hegemony over the continent 30 years after the POD. They even colonize Europe, America and the Middle East, despite being a small minority without the inftastructure and industry needed for such an endeavour. Even if they would try to establish the needed infrastructe and industry. They would need hundreths of thousands of African workers to accomplish it.

In your scenario Europeans are extremely efficent, able to coordinate extraordenary political projects without there being any government left, able to uphold economic dominance despite the literal collaps of the world order that enabled said dominance, rule by virtue of military technology which they have nu supply for and are able to uphold cultural dominance besides the fact that their civilization simply vanished.
Africans, even states like Egypt, do little, don't seem to realize the situation they are in, are unable to organize themselves, seem simply to accept the status quo and are not adopting to the radically different circumstances.

Europeans in your scenario seem to be inheritently better at everything compared to Africans, despite the fact that everything which had enabled European dominance in OTL has litterally vanished.

And they somehow still manage to rule the globe :idontcare: ... heck even the USA are back and are despite having at best a few thousand citizens going with the ISOT, control most of the OTL USA and even northern Asia .... Jesus ... meanwhile Africans don't get their shit together.

That's really fucked up.

Like I wrote a few weeks ago:
Upwards of 120 Million. Particularly 16 Million in Nigeria, 12 Million in Egypt, 8 Million in Morocco, 5 Million in British Sudan, 4 Million Algeria, 3 Million in French Sudan, 2 Million in Tunisia....

20,000 Germans (Or even if its 30k idc) "Recolonizing" Germany, plus Eastern Lebensraum? That Area must either be less populated than OTL Greenland, or on one mother come 3,7 million children (Duh...)

CannedTech

Banned
I have gripes with the rest to be sure, but I'm pretty incredulous of the Belgians keeping the lid on with only 2,000 freaking people. Even if there was foreign assistance (which would only number in the thousands mind, tens of thousands at the highest I'd guess), that's against millions of Africans and with no homeland to back them up. The Belgians would be screwed within like two years of a mass revolt, and I'd say they'd be lucky to even be able to re-establish a homeland.

Hello dear mappers
smile.gif

This is my first map I created with Inkscape. I finished it with Photoshop tho, because it was easier to make the frame and infoboxes for me. But the main map is completely done in Inkscape.

29066013sr.jpg

Alternate kingdom of Hanover in 1871

In this timeline, Hanover isn´t annexed by Prussia after 1866 and the founding of the Northgerman Confederation, but Prussia rewards king Georg V with a huge territory reform. Hanover is allowed to unite with most of the neighbouring smaller states, as it hasn´t declared war on Prussia, but instead helped to form the Confederation. Also other states got a new order and were cleaned from exclaves and inclaves. The kingdom was even able to buy Helgoland from Great Britain.

In the little infobox on the bottom left you can read in german the short history of the kingdom since 1814, which is identical until 1866.

I hope you like my little project, and yes in German it is Hannover while in English you write Hanover
smile.gif

lg

Arminius1871

PS: You can see it in full size on my deviantart account: http://arminius1871.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-of-Hanover-678108755?ga_submit_new=10:1493624657

*Choo Choo!* the Hype-Train arrives! :p

isot1.png

On May 2nd, 2017, The German States of Berlin, Bremen, Bayern, Baden-Württemberg, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Hessen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Niedersachsen, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Mechlenburg-Vorpommern ans Schleswig-Holstein, the Austrian States of Kärnten, Niederösterreich, Oberösterreich, Salzburg, Steiermark and Wien, the Danish Regions of Syddanmark, Midtjylland and Nordjylland, The French Arrondissements Haut-Rhin and Bas-Rhin, the Czech Kraje Liberecký, Praha and Jihomoravský, The City of London, the Italian Province of Udine, The Croatian County of Istra and the Republic of Slovenia were left on this lonely, unihabitated Earth. No People, No Countries, No Civilization. No remnants of anything. No one knew why. World's population was estimated less than 100 million, making many of the Remaining Political bodies worried about Food and resource shortages. The country with the Largest Area, Economy and Population was Germany, Comprising 76,8 of 97 Million inhabitants (79% of the World's Population). It was clear that Germany was, although its relatively small Army back in the Old World (120,000- 200,000), the ultimate dominator of the New World. It was easy to say that even a Germany without an Army would be strong enough to literally overrun the minuscule populations of the other countries.

Germany. The Country of europeanism, of anti-patriotism and humanism. What way should they choose?

5 Years later
isot2.png
Europe is unquestionably led by Germany. Instead of bullying their little Neighbors, Germany has kept its Europeanist ways and has convinced the City of London to, at least temporarily, rejoin the "EU" for the Reconstruction of the Homelands.

Austria eventually "decided" to join Germany as people in Germany and Austria pushed the idea of a reemerging German superpower. Nominally, the German Government reclaims the eastern territories of 1937 plus Kattowitz, although definitions vary, if East Prussia alone or EP plus a corridor crossing Danzig should be added to the claim. Oficially, they only Claim the Contiguous Areas from Pomerania to Silesia.
Many Radicals in Left and Right demand the German claim to be expanded to its 1914, 1939 or even 1942 Borders, Including Czech lands.

In the west, the German Government plans to regain its original lands, Eupen-Malmedy and Luxemburg. Some politicians claim the regain of Alsace-Lorraine.
Speaking of it, the Remaining French arrondissements are unsure whether to follow their legacy and to join their eastern Cultural Brother, whom they're economically dependent on, or to resettle France, maybe even to later leave Alsace for the Germans. due to the very low population, the former is more popular, however the statistics aren't exact as most Alsatians have multiple opinions.

In the south, Germany Reclaims the German-speaking Areas in Tyrol (also the ones in former italy) and Vorarlberg. Conservatives and Rights also demand the rest of south tyrol, which wasn't German-inhabitated in the old World.
Italy itself, now calling itself "Trieste" has lost any hope to regain Italy in the next 100 Years. The political goal is to regain the Veneto Area, although Claims haven't left the Italian Embassies yet.
Same goes to Istria, who have lost any hope to recolonize Croatia in the next Generations.

Slovenia is the only Country to be fully transpositioned, and thus, they aren't as dependent on Germany as others, but their Government is more loyal to Germany than anyone else, which might have to do with the shared history of the two.

Czechia is afraid of Germany, and is the second most loyal to the Germans. Their Land isn't contiguous, with Czechs having to Cross multiple hundred kilometres/miles of German soil to get to the other Part, and the majority of the population (85%) living in a pretty much overpopulated City, whose only connection is a Street Strip the Czechs owe the secure and construction money to Germany. Miloš Zeman's Government has nominally claimed their former territories, but most czechs think that the Germans will force to release the Sudetenland areas as legitimate areas for Germany.

London claims all of Great Britain and Ireland, although their control limits itself to London and a vast amount of farms and construction sites between London and the reconstructed City of Dover.

Resettlement has so far only been executed by Germany, Denmark and London. While London tries to recolonize England, Denmark has first reconstructed New Copenhagen and try to connect the rest of the island with their small population. They dislike the fact that Germany has erected a small base on Bornholm. Germany also has seized control of the Rhine, and is encouraging people to build up the cities of Rotterdam and Amsterdam. the Current "Generalplan Deutschland" (general proposition [for] Germany) includes the preparation for the resettlement of Rheinland-Pfalz and the Ostgebiete, on which the eastern part of the City of Görlitz, the rest of Usedom and Wollin and Stettin have been reconstructed.
In an euphoria to regain the eastern territories, West pomerania has seperated itself from Mecklenburg-West Pomerania to form the German State of Pomerania once again.

Last edited:
*Choo Choo!* the Hype-Train arrives! :p
Let's see, 12% of the population having immigrant backgrounds reaching 9.9 million, another 7% for foreigners... Going to have at least 15 million in Germany not quite counting as ethnic Germans, even if they are culturally. I am surprised the Slovenes haven't moved southward to Rijeka so they could begin setting up ports. Also strange Burgenland doesn't just include the city of Oldenburg within it. I love how you had the Germans go the obvious rout and grab the small snips of territory like Stettin on their border. I expect the Poles have been given some consolation? Sure, just 740,000 of them, plus Poles who took German citizenship and those in Austria and London, but that is large enough to demand something. German politicians spin off the unification with Austria as part of restoring the EU and gracefully giving Poles and certain others citizenship? Greater Germany or not, I doubt that many in German society would feel comfortable if someone declared they were 'Resettling the Poles in the East'.

And the other Slavs... Yah, couple hundred thousand Serbs, Croats, and others in Germany. Not sure where they would be settled though, due to various problems among the groups. Maybe some Adriatic confederation is set up among the southern states? And yes, I don't doubt the Poles will be given land not occupied during the Second Reich, but maybe they will find Slovenia more habitable in this virgin world, or the Czechs might try recruiting some. Still, not a lot would want to be farmers. Really, this is one of my favorite maps on here in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.