Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Ultimate Catholic team-up.

>No Poland-Lithuania

giphy.gif

They're an ally of course, silly.

[WIP]
you only need a boring afternoon to decide that the sort-of symbiontic relationship between Nightrise Germany and Japan should be more intense, and make a double monarchy. Just right when you finish the map, You hear this cool pseudo-egyptian Trap song and decide to add another High Culture to your XXXle-Monarchy of Demonic Monarchies.
Welcome to the Triple Monarchy. :p
View attachment 315440

If this goes on, expect a Hendecary Monarchy in two weeks (Jk)

XKito!

27 July 1914, all of Africa is transported to a virgin Earth
africa ISOT.png

What happens next? This isn't rhetorical, I actually need some ideas for how to continue this

My two cents

Field day for Ethiopia
French and English are the least fucked up (thanks to Pied-noir in Algeria and white South-African
Portugal and Italy are going to disapear (or mix with the native)
Spain, Belgium and Germany are in a world of hurt

Last edited:
View attachment 315607
What happens next? This isn't rhetorical, I actually need some ideas for how to continue this
The Senussi (founded by an Algerian in Mecca, apparently) was able to drive Italy to just it's port cities in Libya during WWI. I imagine they can go further in this world. The Khedive in Egypt may support them (they were also in the Egyptian backcountry and fought the French at other times), but he would need to deal with the British, who might oust him to secure themselves enough time to withdraw or find an ally. I think the South Africans would be amiable enough, so long as it is understood that British Africa becomes more and more Afrikaner. Going to be a lot of problems for everyone, given that there is pretty much no one to export raw material to anymore.

What happens to them? At least Spain has Ceuta and Melilla... Also Portugal still has Madeira.
Madeira has a slightly different culture than Portugal and doesn't have the population to hold the various colonies. And the Moroccans could probably swoop in on the Riff and take those cities, Tangiers, and Andalusia. Hmm, maybe we get an independent Riff, who the Moroccans, Spanish,a nod others accept they can't hold down?

The British in Egypt and the Spanish in Morocco are going to realize that something has happened first, the French and Italians on the Med aren't going to be that far behind. I'm presuming the Suez comes with them. As indicated, the likely industrial centers in the near term are likely to be set up in Algeria and in South Africa.

All of the Europeans claim the areas that their empires had control of before, even if they can't get there at this point. (Just not worth it to go to Australia until oil is dealt with). The question is how quickly can the Europeans get to the oil in Arabia, but they may drop back to a coal powered technology first.)

Population wise comparatively to the native population they are in a... disadvantage
Ik, I'm just saying that at the time Madeira had a population of 170,000, which would help the Portuguese recolonize their homeland.
All of the Europeans claim the areas that their empires had control of before, even if they can't get there at this point. (Just not worth it to go to Australia until oil is dealt with). The question is how quickly can the Europeans get to the oil in Arabia, but they may drop back to a coal powered technology first.)
It's only 1914, oil isn't as important at the time, right?
Italians on the Med aren't going to be that far behind. I'm presuming the Suez comes with them.
What happens to Italian Libya? Yes, Suez came with the Brits.

What happens to Italian Libya? Yes, Suez came with the Brits.
I'm afraid you should probably do some of this on your own. No offense, but asking for specifics on what happens on several things... Also, I had a response to that a bit earlier. The Senussi nearly drove the Italians into the sea during WWI, so doing it when there is no Italy should be easy. Anyways, you could create a thread for thins, since ISOT threads tend to be popular. Then you jut make a map of what everyone discussed.

I'm afraid you should probably do some of this on your own. No offense, but asking for specifics on what happens on several things... Also, I had a response to that a bit earlier. The Senussi nearly drove the Italians into the sea during WWI, so doing it when there is no Italy should be easy. Anyways, you could create a thread for thins, since ISOT threads tend to be popular. Then you jut make a map of what everyone discussed.
Okay, thank you.

View attachment 315607
Native Africans realize there aren't a lot of the white men in the colonies so they overthrow them and become independent. South Africa becomes a place full of genocide and full warzone between British, Boers and native Bantus. Genocides happening between Arabs and native Africans as well?

View attachment 315607

My question is, do the natives know that they are no longer in 1914? If not, then there wouldn't be quite as many widespread revolts, since the Europeans control the news and would likely just keep it quiet while either sending colonizing missions to Europe or trying to more fully establish themselves in Africa.

Last edited:
Here is the world after 1 year:
africa ISOT 1.png

Britain has stepped in to be the world's policeman, with some help from France. Claims in Europe that are outlined in black are internationally recognized, whereas those without that outline are more informal. Within the first months, Tanganyika and Kamerun experienced major uprisings, with Britain occupying a stretch of land in order to achieve a connection from South Africa to Egypt. Britain has also helped the Portuguese hold onto their colonies, and also occupied Katanga as the Belgian Congo collapsed. Britain also stepped in to prevent a total overrun of the Congo, saving the reformed Belgian government. France, while the 2nd most powerful nation now, saw unrest spread from the Congo, Kamerun, and Sudan into their colonies, taking over the harder to reach areas. London, Paris, and Lisbon have all been refounded, and Spain is close to achieving the same with Madrid. South Africa administers Amsterdam, refounded by some independent-minded Boers. Some Germans and Belgians have began efforts to resettle their former nations, but aren't internationally recognized. In addition,the Senussi drove the Italians out of Libya, and the Ethiopians did the same with Somalia and Eritrea. Surviving Italian settlers and administrators evacuated to Sicily, but they currently lack the numbers to make a signifiant claim or settlement of Italy proper.

My question is, do the natives know that they are no longer in 1914? If not, then there wouldn't be quite as many widespread revolts, since the Europeans control the new and would likely just keep it quiet while either sending colonizing missions to Europe or trying to more fully establish themselves in Africa.
Interesting idea, I wish I had seen this before I had posted again.

Status
Not open for further replies.