Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

My entry is going slowly... mostly because I did the US analogue of the TL first for the map and am caught up wanting to do an election TL using the alternate states I've made. After all, who can resist Nevada+Upper Arizona being called "Trans-Colorado" :D I have 70+ states, which is extra impressive considering I eliminated around 10 OTL states.

Last edited:
Deadline is coming up guys! That said, mine is sadly not as good as I had originally planned. Was going to put a key on it originally, but I was sicker last weekend than I have been since I was 12, so I had less time to work than I imagined.

I see we have, alas, only one entry: if we extend the map contest for another week, I'd be up to doing one.

I suspect many people are now on spring break, and also have an active social life where making the map wasn't what they used their break for, heh.

I'm just a bit surprised because we did indeed have quite a bit of interest in this one, maybe people did just forget...

I had finals last week, which is why mine's taking a while. I hope I can get it in by the deadline, but not sure.

Have to say, zombies are definitely thinking outside the box. I'd also say I feel as if humanity has passed the point of no return if so much area has been abandoned :p Also, Victoria 2 zombie mod... As if I needed something else to distract me right now... thanks :p

I think I'm going to extend the deadline another week, if that's fine with everyone.

Also, would anyone be fine with me making a map of a specific region instead of the whole world? Obviously I'll give a description of everything in the world.

Yeah I'm really happy to see a sequel to the first What Remains map! I was a big fan of that

I'm glad, and kind of shocked. I don't generally have fans of my work, but I'm very glad you liked it. :D

Have to say, zombies are definitely thinking outside the box. I'd also say I feel as if humanity has passed the point of no return if so much area has been abandoned :p Also, Victoria 2 zombie mod... As if I needed something else to distract me right now... thanks :p

Oh yeah, no, there's a reason it's called What Remains and not The New Dark Age or something similar to that. Humanity's pretty much doomed at this point.

If the deadline is extended can I update my map to include all the features I had planned before I had to take an unexpected break, or is my submission rules in sort of a "final answer" sort of way?

I'm surprised only three entries.

Here's my proposal for the next entry.

Some Men Can Be Islands: Show a country whose territory is strictly islands; nothing continental. No ASB.

Last edited: