Map Continuation 3 - Map 1 - Europe

Maybe with Genoa, the Italian Colonization Company can colonize some part of the world...Im thinking some caribbean island or something.

Hm. Maybe it could be some sort of joint-stock company for all Italian traders to invest in? And even if the FOI participates in that, they'll still probably have their own colonies.

Also, this is the slowest Map Continuation ever. If any thought at all is required in making the countries, then nobody wants to participate.

Hm. Maybe it could be some sort of joint-stock company for all Italian traders to invest in? And even if the FOI participates in that, they'll still probably have their own colonies.

Also, this is the slowest Map Continuation ever. If any thought at all is required in making the countries, then nobody wants to participate.

Aye, I've been reiterating this over and over. While I certainly understand and concur with the need for regulation, the current level of analysis is simply unnecessary, in my opinion.

As we have seen in the reworking of Burgundy/ Germany, over-analysis of historicity and plausibility, as least at this early stage of the process, has led to not only no major changes in power structure (Burgundy remains a colonial power, Bohemia and the Switz analogue are minor, land-locked powers), but also some degree of animosity between those who claimed/created the nations and those who are evaluating/judging them.

I feel that the guidelines set at the beginning were perfect: Given a POD, a present time, create a nation. Gentle prodding to reinforce those guidelines has been productive without being excessive, in contrast to the present over-analysis, which has gone on for as many pages as it took to claim all the nations.

Please, folks, can we get the move on? Map Continuation is like a heartbeat: it will move quickly and powerfully if you let it, but if you choke it, it will soon die.

(ok, that was a bad simile, but you get the idea)

Aye, I've been reiterating this over and over. While I certainly understand and concur with the need for regulation, the current level of analysis is simply unnecessary, in my opinion.

As we have seen in the reworking of Burgundy/ Germany, over-analysis of historicity and plausibility, as least at this early stage of the process, has led to not only no major changes in power structure (Burgundy remains a colonial power, Bohemia and the Switz analogue are minor, land-locked powers), but also some degree of animosity between those who claimed/created the nations and those who are evaluating/judging them.

I feel that the guidelines set at the beginning were perfect: Given a POD, a present time, create a nation. Gentle prodding to reinforce those guidelines has been productive without being excessive, in contrast to the present over-analysis, which has gone on for as many pages as it took to claim all the nations.

Please, folks, can we get the move on? Map Continuation is like a heartbeat: it will move quickly and powerfully if you let it, but if you choke it, it will soon die.

(ok, that was a bad simile, but you get the idea)

I agree. On to Africa! Or Asia! Or North America!

EDIT: Is this a good final map for Europe?

mapconiiitransylbu8.png

Sure, im cool with it. Can we play as multiple nations, cause if not, its gonna be a long-a$$ wait for landlocked nations, such as myself.

Sure, im cool with it. Can we play as multiple nations, cause if not, its gonna be a long-a$$ wait for landlocked nations, such as myself.

Absolutely. 2-4 per continent, and 1-2 major powers seems to have been the dynamic for MC1, and the power structure for that one worked decently.

Yeah, you can have more than one nation. Just keep it within moderation. (No claiming six countries per continent...)

Also, just to make it clear: The Federation of Italy (Me) controlls the Papacy. I'm actually going to carve out a small Vatican City State from Rome. So. Will we start on Asia tonight? I think we should.

I would start the thread, but I don't want Krall to get angry at me or something. So shoud I go ahead and start it? And is this a good map? (I know the European borders are horrible.) I mapped out the minimal area for the Volga Republic and Russia or whatever it is.

I would start the thread, but I don't want Krall to get angry at me or something. So shoud I go ahead and start it? And is this a good map? (I know the European borders are horrible.) I mapped out the minimal area for the Volga Republic and Russia or whatever it is.
Back in the MC1:World thread, Krall said he had some map by Qazaq that he wanted to use. I'd suggest PM'ing Krall and asking for that map, to ensure compatibility.

I know what Krall's map is.
However, Krall probably has a similar timezone to me, that is, it is night for him.
Therefore, wait for Krall tomorrow.

I'd like to claim some of Anatolia and a bit of the Levant before people start adding nations to whatever map is used.

Krall wants us to comprehensively map out histories for out European natiosn before moving onto Asia or anywhere else.

As I laid out in my previous post, this really isn't necessary. All that's really necessary is a) will your nation have overseas colonies, and if so, where and to what degree?, and b) will your nation hold contiguous territory on another continent? (i.e. Russia). Otherwise, the histories of these nations will have little effect on claims elsewhere.

As I laid out in my previous post, this really isn't necessary. All that's really necessary is a) will your nation have overseas colonies, and if so, where and to what degree?, and b) will your nation hold contiguous territory on another continent? (i.e. Russia). Otherwise, the histories of these nations will have little effect on claims elsewhere.
Are you running this game?

No.

Listen to Krall, or dont play the game.

Krall

Banned
Two things:

1. I don't want us to map out histories just yet, EL, I just want the borders of the world looking realistic so it's easier to map out histories later on.

2. Asia's the next continent, as places like Rus will have territory there as well as in Europe. My question is should it be very colonised [i.e japan and China are colonies as well as India and SE Asia] with a few surviving native nations, quite colonised with several surviving native nations [like OTL], or only slightly colonised, with many surviving natives nations?

The reason I ask is because I want Asia to look sensible [so there isn't a colonised China and then a completely independent India and Middle East or something like that].

I'd like for a less-colonized Asia, with at vleast some places independent. Heck, I want Japan independent for sure.