Map Continuation 3 - Map 1 - Europe

Oh, well then have some form of uncolonized China, theres too man to be fully colonied. Japan too. The rest, I have no problem with being colonized...well Arabia maybe should be left alone...

VT45

Banned
[so there isn't a colonised China and then a completely independent India and Middle East or something like that].

Like there was in the original Map Continuation? :If there was a raised eyebrow smiley, it'd go here.:

I think that asia should have almost no colonization, except maybein Japan or China. The Middle East and South Asia should probably be left alone.

Krall

Banned
I think that asia should have almost no colonization, except maybein Japan or China. The Middle East and South Asia should probably be left alone.

Why? That makes no sense. Colonisation and the formation of formal global empires came about because of existing informal economic empires. A PoD in 1200 is not going to make Asia any less important economically and, as a result, it will still have a decent amount of colonies.

I think that parts of China, India, Japan etc should be colonized, but there should still remain some strong home-ruled states within the countries.

Krall

Banned
Shall we leave East Asia as mostly uncolonised, then? India and South Arabia will probably still be colonised, unless there's some successor to the Byzantines/alternate Ottoman Empire in the area.

Argh! I'm planning out Asia in my head already! I can't claim five nations on one continent!

Interesting, very interesting. The things are going pretty well.

About Italy: uhnn, Milan would like to be in the Italian Confederation also. It can be landlocked, but, if it managed to keep independent, probably it had some importance. Until it was dominated by foreign powers, actually, Milan was a pretty rich city, with lots art production, manufactures and the stuff.

Maybe there was some sort of Padanian Confederation between Genoa, Venice and Milan when Italy was being unified, helping to keep those countries independent?

About Asia: if Turkey will be divided between greece and Bulgaria, this means that there could be a Turkish state that was established in other place than Anatolia? Uhnn, a real country in central Asia would be interesting.

Ha, great. Let we foment separatist moviments in Italy, shall we? :D

Uhnn, I like the idea of a more fragmented colonization, giving space for more colonial powers to have colonies and also more independent countries. For example, no India or China colonized by one single nation, but a fragmented India, divided between native states, colonies from diferent powers and areas dominated by Asian Powers (surviving Mughalistan in Persia, /o).

And it looks like that Krall abandoned us.

I wrote a rough idea for the history of my country, the North German Union. The Flag is up on the flag thread.

The aggressive rise of Burgundy in the Low Countries forced the northern German states to form a defensive pact to try and guarantee their independence. Originally called the Hanseatic Pact, so called because most of the members were also members of the Hanseatic League, the members of the new alliance promised to defend each other in case of a Burgundian invasion from the west. After the Gothic annexation of Scania Denmark also joined the pact. After setting their headquarters in Hanover the kings and dukes of the north began to try and coordinate their forces.

The invasion began when the Burgundian fleet bombarded Oldenburg. The alliance soon kicked in and war was declared across northern Germany. The Frisian War lasted for 4 years, devastating a stretch of land from Utrecht to Bremen, but the Germans finally achieved victory with the surrender of Amsterdam. In the resulting Treaty of Münster the upper Netherlands was released as an independent state and member of the Pact, including the vital port of Rotterdam. Another, less obvious, result of the war was the sense of community expressed by the German states in their common struggle, a sense of unity never felt in Germany since the fall of the Carolingian Empire.

The north German states signed the Treaty of Maastricht in 1720, formally creating the North German Union out of the decade old Hanseatic Pact. Northern Germany could now look outwards across the seas in search of glory as one, and triumph united where they would fall alone.
----------
I apologise to Communist Wizard if it seems that I created Burgundy’s history as well, I found it difficult to unite northern Germany without an external threat.

Last edited:
Here's my thoughts on Italy's history. The peninsula. Not the country.

The rise of the Two Sicilies was frightening. Very, very frightening. They took out the Pope, opening the north to horrid attacks by the "Italians". That is when the Northern italian Confederation formed. Itoriginally had 6 states: Venice, Milan, Genoa, Ferrara, San Marino, and tuscany. Now, only Milan, Venice, and Genoa are left. The last three states have formed a union of sorts, although loose. They share in a number of things, and are each their seperate own country, but in regards to defense, they "big Three" stand together.

Just my thoughts on what could happen. I didn't set the POD or anything.