Map Continuation 3 - Map 1 - Europe

Krall

Banned
Maybe we could take the southern parts of Switzerland, western parts of Venice and eastern parts of Occitania and form them into a landlocked Milan?

Then I think it would be a good idea to identify major and minor colonial powers, and maybe sort out the question of who discovered the Americas and what the Americas are called.

I think It would be any of these nations; Gaelic League, Portugal, Union Navarre, or Kingdom of Norway. I think the most likely discoverer of these four would be Gaelic League since they would need a strong navy and maritime culture to keep their country together.

In terms of major colonial powers I would point my finger at Burgundy, Portugal, the Hanseatic Confederation, the Navarre Union and possibly the Federacy of Italy.

looking at the newest map I would add the Gaelic League also.

I was thinking maybe the Greeks should extend slightly into Anatolia when we do Asia? The state, if it isn't obvious, is essentially a rump Byzantine Empire (and no, I'm not asking to take Constantinople from the Bulgarians).

I was thinking we split Anatolia between us (Greece and Bulgaria). Greece takes the southern half, Bulgaria the northern.

I can only see Venice as a colonial power if it has Egypt and, from there, the Suez Canal.

Other than that, its probably the Las Vegas of Europe.

I think Egypt, if it ends up being a colony, would most likely be controlled by Greece, Italy, or Bulgaria.

+++++++++++++++++++

Union Navarre is a confederation of the following lands; Leon, Castille, Aragon, and Navarre. After being unable to remove the Moors from the Iberian peninsula and threats from nations to the north, over time these four nations came to rely more and more on each other for mutual protection. With the marriage of King Enrique III of Castile-Leon to Queen Madia of Aragon-Navarre the union became more permanent.

The Capital of the Union Navarre is located at Pamplona where the marriage of Enrique and Madia took place. Although the city of Leon has also been used as the seat of governement over the centuries.

Well, Burgundy was just a little too uber, to say the least, well thats my thought on it. It should have just been a France.

Slovenia does look a bit OTL ish, just saying.
I agree that it was too uber, but as a France it's still too small. Give Provence to them wouldn't make then too giant, IMO, just about the size of Poland or Germany.

What the hell?
First, I lose the south.
Secondly, I lose the western Swiss territories such as Geneva, etc. WHICH WERE IN BURGUNDY IN OTL!
:mad:
EDIT: Well, I get Paris, but...
I also lose a whole nbunch of other territories. Such as the mouth of the Rhine, which was also Burgundian!
Seriously, just because in the modern day it doesn't look plausible doesnn't mean we can say the same for 1200!
Even if it was too big before, I agree that it's now too small, specially if it is going to be a major power with a France-like size. Giving it Provence and Switzerland would be fair.

Maybe we could take the southern parts of Switzerland, western parts of Venice and eastern parts of Occitania and form them into a landlocked Milan?
Uhn, I agree here. Even if I really like this super-Occitania, it's less plausible than the burgundy state and would be just space-filling over Italy. (and the original claim of Occitania was rather small, not this giant country that it appears to be now)
A landlocked Kingdom of Savoy-Lombardy maybe? It's plausible, and specially more plausible than an Occitan or Genoan controlled one.

PS.: the burgundian borders are just roughly estimated.

savoy_lombardy.PNG

Yes, I agree to Trovador's idea.

When are we going to start the next one?

Last edited:
I like the way Europe has turned out. I agree with Trovador's Burgundy borders, I think its fair without making it too powerful or too small. What else exactly do we need to sort out in Europe?

Yes, I agree to Trovador's idea.
I agree too, that seems more plausible.

When are we going to start the next one?
And no, I don't think so. It appears that we are to finish the European map before moving on, and Krall still has to modify Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Iberia, Britain and Scandinavia.

In the mean time, I recommend trying to develop your country more, thinking about its capital, history and current stance on European affairs.

I agree too, that seems more plausible.

And no, I don't think so. It appears that we are to finish the European map before moving on, and Krall still has to modify Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Iberia, Britain and Scandinavia.

In the mean time, I recommend trying to develop your country more, thinking about its capital, history and current stance on European affairs.

I like Trovador's ideas as well, myself.

Just one thing, though. Is "South Germany" going to remain known as "South Germany" or something different?

And also, I was looking through some Wiki articles and I can't seem to find a major historical city located in my territory (Sápmi. The teal/turquoise part of Scandinavia). Does anybody have any ideas?

And also, I was looking through some Wiki articles and I can't seem to find a major historical city located in my territory (Sápmi. The teal/turquoise part of Scandinavia). Does anybody have any ideas?

You have BodØ on the West Coast or maybe Sundsvall on the East Coast.

Just one thing, though. Is "South Germany" going to remain known as "South Germany" or something different?
I am sure that when the territories are sorted we can think of more 'imaginative' names :D.

If you can't think if a city you could technically create your own city, I think the POD is sufficiently far in the past for a different city to develop. Think of this as an emergency measure, though.

Last edited:
I wrote a brief history for my country. I know much of it will probably be declared ASB but it's the closest I can come to the direction I want my country to take. I posted this in the Flag Thread as well.

In my nation's history, the Sámi became Christianized by the Norsemen. However, the Sámi did not abandon their culture due to religious change. Rather, they adapted Christianity and their Pagan way of life to form a distinct form of the religion. This was greatly frowned upon, causing many attacks against the Sámi, being declared as heathens. They were an unfavourable people, and therefore the consequence of their beliefs was close to what we today would call Ethnic cleansing.

Many Sámi agreeing to conform to mainstream christianity were forced into serfdom by the Christian colonists. However, many Sámi chieftains assembled their warriors and fought off the Vikings to reclaim the land of Sápmi for themselves. Following this uprising, the Sámi began to co-operate with the Norse and became good allies against the Finns and the Russians in the East who had their eyes set on their lands.

I don't really see anything too ASB about this so far.

It would be justifiable for the Catholic church not to like how these people practice christianity. Plus, at first, it would be too hard for Rome to enforce their brand until the area developes more. Its just too far north and too cold most of the year. Once it starts to become more developed tensions would rise between the two branches of christianity.

Last edited:
Okay, here's my suggestion for a couple border changes in the Balkans/Eastern Europe. It makes Transylvania more Transylvanioid, and it gives Ukraine Kiev.

Im fine with all the ideas. Im thinking of Venice, since it probably won't be too big a player in affairs, will be more like a neutral state with a large maritime navyand a small-esque army. It'll probably be rich, as a center of bodily pleasures, and also of gambling, wines, etc. The capital will be...Venice. Where else? It will probably ally with the other Italian states, seeing as the imminent threat to it from "Italy". As to a colonial power, it will most likely be confined to wither the Med only or small castal settlements in Africa, or concessions in China or something...

Im fine with all the ideas. Im thinking of Venice, since it probably won't be too big a player in affairs, will be more like a neutral state with a large maritime navyand a small-esque army. It'll probably be rich, as a center of bodily pleasures, and also of gambling, wines, etc. The capital will be...Venice. Where else? It will probably ally with the other Italian states, seeing as the imminent threat to it from "Italy". As to a colonial power, it will most likely be confined to wither the Med only or small castal settlements in Africa, or concessions in China or something...

Ha! If the Federation of Italy's going to be your enemy, then Venice is going nowhere, not with Italy controlling the Strait of Otranto. But then, we don't have to be enemies.

No, Italy is not an enemy, its Venice's biggest ally, next to Genoa. I said Venice would ally with the other Italian states, probably in some sort of Italian Confederation or something. Venice will probably just be some sort of in the shadows country.

Maybe with Genoa, the Italian Colonization Company can colonize some part of the world...Im thinking some caribbean island or something.