L’Aigle Triomphant: A Napoleonic Victory TL

The British probably just confine the Dutch to the 1795 borders and establish Port Elizabeth as a base / blocking the Dutch from expanding.

Edit: the Dutch hated having to deal with the Boers. Being able to let them keep expanding eastwards (aka it’s a British problem now) without having to establish authority past the Fish River or so is a great deal for them lol

Last edited:

For EIC official Sir Stamford Raffles, however, there was a tremendous amount of potential for a Royal Navy port sited "betwixt Bengal and Batavia" and after the conclusion of the EIC's intervention in a Johori dynastic struggle, the island in its entirety was transferred to British control and Singapore became the third British possession on the Peninsula, after the small outposts at Penang and Malacca.​
Huh, would like to see that in detail, since the Dutch involvement IOTL definitely play a part in separating Riau from Johor. And with the lack of the Dutch could severely change the way the dynastic struggle and more importantly the aftermath (which the IOTL fate of Johor being split into 2 is less likely). Perhaps the Temenggong would gain less influence (and thus butterflying their takeover)

P/s: Actually from I do wonder from which sources does the people of Johor Sultanate being referred as Johori, especially since the relatively frequent use of the letter e at the end of the word Johor(e) (especially during the times when the Sultan (which are now from the Temenggung dynasty) gone full Anglophile) mean usually they would be referred as Johorean IOTL.
(I am sorry that I am basically reiterate my statement from another TL)

I’ve got a question, how is Ireland doing? During the Napoleonic Wars IOTL, iirc, with Britain cut off from French manufactured goods Irish manufactured goods became apart of British imports which boosted Ireland. Has that still happened?

Huh, would like to see that in detail, since the Dutch involvement IOTL definitely play a part in separating Riau from Johor. And with the lack of the Dutch could severely change the way the dynastic struggle and more importantly the aftermath (which the IOTL fate of Johor being split into 2 is less likely). Perhaps the Temenggong would gain less influence (and thus butterflying their takeover)

P/s: Actually from I do wonder from which sources does the people of Johor Sultanate being referred as Johori, especially since the relatively frequent use of the letter e at the end of the word Johor(e) (especially during the times when the Sultan (which are now from the Temenggung dynasty) gone full Anglophile) mean usually they would be referred as Johorean IOTL.
(I am sorry that I am basically reiterate my statement from another TL)
I know way too little of Malayan history to respond with any kind of knowledge to this
I’ve got a question, how is Ireland doing? During the Napoleonic Wars IOTL, iirc, with Britain cut off from French manufactured goods Irish manufactured goods became apart of British imports which boosted Ireland. Has that still happened?
Definitely! Ireland will have a better outcome ITTL, too.

I’ve got a better idea and by better idea I mean an idea that won’t have London sending redcoats to reclaim Ireland with an actual valid excuse. Have an Orleanist on the Irish throne.

1704937825729.jpeg

Louis Philippe of the House of Bourbon-Orléans, known as High King Ruaidrí II (or Rory II), of the Kingdom of Éire pictured here in his palace in Dublin circa 1849.​

I’ve got a better idea and by better idea I mean an idea that won’t have London sending redcoats to reclaim Ireland with an actual valid excuse. Have an Orleanist on the Irish throne.

View attachment 880889
Louis Philippe of the House of Bourbon-Orléans, known as High King Ruaidrí II (or Rory II), of the Kingdom of Éire pictured here in his palace in Dublin circa 1849.​
That's not a good idea, it's a rival for the throne of France.

Perhaps Louis-Philippe and his descendants are barred from the French throne in exchange for being the High Kings of Ireland? In any case London wouldn’t tolerate a Bonapartist Ireland even if they’re exhausted.

Last edited:
Perhaps Louis-Philippe and his descendants are barred from the French in exchange for being the High
Kings of Ireland? In any case London wouldn’t tolerate a Bonapartist Ireland even if they’re exhausted.
At this point the Orleans have no claim to the French crown and would not be in direct line for inheriting it unless both the sons of Artois died childless. I could see OTL King Louis Philippe accepting the Irish crown, specially if he and his house are still seen badly and as untrustworthy by Louis XVIII and the other royalist for his father’s actions

Perhaps Louis-Philippe and his descendants are barred from the French throne in exchange for being the High Kings of Ireland? In any case London wouldn’t tolerate a Bonapartist Ireland even if they’re exhausted.
The real happy ending would be a free Ireland, with a Dublin that doesn't tolerate a Hanoverian England--and that helps liberates England, Scotland and Wales from the Germanic interlopers and India from tyranny of the The John Company.

Last edited:
At this point the Orleans have no claim to the French crown and would not be in direct line for inheriting it unless both the sons of Artois died childless. I could see OTL King Louis Philippe accepting the Irish crown, specially if he and his house are still seen badly and as untrustworthy by Louis XVIII and the other royalist for his father’s actions
Besides the Bonapartes are in power and I doubt that’ll change anytime soon so that means neither the Bourbons or the Orleanists can take the French throne.

Last edited:
Besides the Bonapartes are in power and I doubt that’ll change anytime soon so that means neither the Bourbons or the Orleanists can take the French throne.
That is true, though unlike the Orleanists, the Bourbons (and by that I mean the direct line of descendants of Louis XV) would be seen as a perennial threat, even if the Bonapartes are now firmly secure that the threat of a Bourbon Restoration is about as likely as winning the lottery after being struck by lightning. The Orleanists on the other hand, are so far down the line of succession that barring a similar situation occurring as in OTL, even if the very unlikely to borderline impossible happens, the Orleanists have no shot at the French throne. So it'd be perfect to have Louis-Philippe take the Irish throne if that adventure ends up playing out.

With that being said however, I feel the only issue with that plan is really the fact that Ireland would be seen as too much of a buffer at this point for Great Britain to let go, even moreso with a hostile France across the Channel. If anything, Great Britain would probably want to do what they can to stem Irish independence. Maybe even, you know...actually run it better than they did IOTL.