Keynes' Cruisers Volume 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between losses in the air (and the crap Japanese rescue system for those who ditch) and those lost when the ships went down you are looking at a loss of 80%+ of aircrew from the KB.

Between losses in the air (and the crap Japanese rescue system for those who ditch) and those lost when the ships went down you are looking at a loss of 80%+ of aircrew from the KB.
Probably even less survivors from Makassar than from Midway....

This is a mess for the Japanese. No wait, this battle will rank easily as one of the worst military disasters in WW2, and since Singapore and Bataan never fell....

This is a bloodbath for both sides, but this is gonna be worse for the Japanese than Midway was IOTL...
I think this is the decisive battle Japan always wanted, so casualties are bound to be hit on both sides....

But the Allies here now have air superiority... and probably going to pull a Midway on the Main Body.

This is the decisive victory the Allies were looking for... I think fester needs to tabulate how many dead so we can see the scale...

And hold off Yamato and Musashi...

The battleships don't need to do that. The Destroyers can do that. Even if the RN ships and USN battleships don't bite into the boilers or the like, or disabling a turret, the superstructure is going to be shredded and their fire control will be gone.
The USN and RN have 20+ destroyers and although there's going to be losses, there's just going to be too many fish in the water when the allied destroyer attack does come.

Last edited:
I do not see Yamamoto surviving this fight. Once he realizes what a disaster this is he will order the fleet to retreat, and stay behind to cover them. Not likely change much.

And plane handlers, armorers, mechanics, Senior Chiefs, experienced Petty Officers, all gone too..It takes just as long to train up these personnel as it does aircrews.. the Japanese Naval air arm is screwed!

And plane handlers, armorers, mechanics, Senior Chiefs, experienced Petty Officers, all gone too..It takes just as long to train up these personnel as it does aircrews.. the Japanese Naval air arm is screwed!
I think this is the Philippine Sea level of knock out. Which means knocked out for probably the rest of the campaign....

Status
Not open for further replies.