Keynes' Cruisers Volume 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @fester for an excellent story. Wishing you the best for your dissertation.

Why do I get a feeling that Anne-Marie’s granddaughter will be a CIA operative in 2023 controlling a string of agents in whatever is the main trouble spot in the future of your TL? Or possibly the trainer for undercover agents.

I mainly imagined the grand daughter being the high school drug dealer who also gets early action to the Ivy of her choice as no one suspects her
They are not mutually exclusive, one is her pre graduation from a quality university, the other is her post graduate life.

Mostly similar to otl
Thinking about it, how did Operation Paperclip go ITTL? I would expect if the Russians didn't get as far west as OTL, they might not have gotten as much tech. Maybe the first satellite is American, or perhaps just Korolev and his team without German resources.

For that matter, was there still a Soviet occupation sector, or did they have to be content with Poland? I assume they also go Romania and maybe Bulgaria.

Thinking about it, how did Operation Paperclip go ITTL? I would expect if the Russians didn't get as far west as OTL, they might not have gotten as much tech. Maybe the first satellite is American, or perhaps just Korolev and his team without German resources.

For that matter, was there still a Soviet occupation sector, or did they have to be content with Poland? I assume they also go Romania and maybe Bulgaria.
Soviets get Poland, a small chunk of East Germany, an occupation share in Berlin, light presence in Austria, full OTL control of Romania and eastern Hungary. Bulgaria is very lightly armed neutral.

In the Far East they grab a chunk of Korea as a puppet government and the rest of Sahkalin.

Soviets get Poland, a small chunk of East Germany, an occupation share in Berlin, light presence in Austria, full OTL control of Romania and eastern Hungary. Bulgaria is very lightly armed neutral.

In the Far East they grab a chunk of Korea as a puppet government and the rest of Sahkalin.

Thanks for the information. I take it there us a North Korea, but it us something of a rump puppet state. There was no Korean War because Kim il-Sung couldn't talk the Russians in to providing anything close to the support he would have needed.

I guess Bulgaria winds up with something like the OTL Austrian State treaty making it an acknowledged neutral. Austria presumably gets this too, since neither side is going to let it join Germany.

Do the Russians actually establish a puppet East Germany or do they just annex it to Russia aka OTL Kaliningrad or Poland.

Thinking some more about it, I imagine Poland ITTL bears a closer resemblance to OTL prewar Poland, since Stalin would not be able to push it West.

Thanks for the information. I take it there us a North Korea, but it us something of a rump puppet state. There was no Korean War because Kim il-Sung couldn't talk the Russians in to providing anything close to the support he would have needed.

I guess Bulgaria winds up with something like the OTL Austrian State treaty making it an acknowledged neutral. Austria presumably gets this too, since neither side is going to let it join Germany.

Do the Russians actually establish a puppet East Germany or do they just annex it to Russia aka OTL Kaliningrad or Poland.

Thinking some more about it, I imagine Poland ITTL bears a closer resemblance to OTL prewar Poland, since Stalin would not be able to push it West.
The Poles get a chunk of Eastern Germany and Danzig but lose a chunk of their 1938 East

Sorry to see this finshed but I guess Fester needs his free time back too, so I am sure we will all cope.
He also managed to largely escape the Curse of Surströmming over the years, so well done on that too!

Thanks for the Timeline Fester.

Ann-Marie still has some fire in her ..." the stupid died quickly"
The perfect note to end on: Is Ann-Marie going to tell her granddaughter her wartime story? Part of it? Or all of it?

Outstanding work that I've thoroughly enjoyed reading. I really ought to get off my arse and write my own timeline.

But wait, it turns out Hitler escaped to a hidden subterranean station in Antarctica and plans to conquer the Earth with reverse-engineered UFO technology from his base on the Moon. It's up to Glenn Miller and Douglas MacArthur's sentient brain in a jar to stop his nefarious plot.

And so begins Keynes' Cruisers Volume 3. @fester quietly weeps as he begins to type.

Make it from Antarctica with the base on the Moon coming later. And he would have to get surviving Nazis and neo-Nazis from all over the world to join him in Antarctica first. Not a bad idea, some would say. One h-bomb and they are all gone. But the UFO remains will be gone too, so maybe the Soviets and the Americans will both be reluctant to act until Hitler's new Death Ray hits them both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.