"Io Mihailŭ, Împĕratul Românilor" - A Michael the Brave Romania Wank

A navy is indeed very necessary. And you have forgotten two very important inland seas: the White Sea and the Hudson Gulf!

Well ... in case of White Sea, thats so cold that they'll probably want something with a strong keel and hull (figuring out cooper sheathing in an attempt to make an icebreaker?), and for Hudson bay you need to be able to easily ship them across via Iceland and Greenland which might be too hostile waters for flat bottomed vessels that rules the Baltic.

Hudson bay could certainly be populated by flat bottomed ships similar in design as the Baltic inland fleet, but it'll probably have to wait till they start probing into some strong American forests

Zagan

Donor
Well ... in case of White Sea, thats so cold that they'll probably want something with a strong keel and hull (figuring out cooper sheathing in an attempt to make an icebreaker?), and for Hudson bay you need to be able to easily ship them across via Iceland and Greenland which might be too hostile waters for flat bottomed vessels that rules the Baltic.

Hudson bay could certainly be populated by flat bottomed ships similar in design as the Baltic inland fleet, but it'll probably have to wait till they start probing into some strong American forests.

During the following decades...

Last edited:

Hudson bay could certainly be populated by flat bottomed ships similar in design as the Baltic inland fleet, but it'll probably have to wait till they start probing into some strong American forests
I know that they used lead sheathing as far back as the fourth century BC and it was used quite often to limit the amount of rot in the wood. Copper sheathing was proposed as early as 1708 by someone doing work for the Royal Navy in Great Britain.

Two issues that I foresee:
1.) Locating a reliable source of copper - From what I recall modern day Poland and Sweden are both producers of copper in modern times. http://www.indexmundi.com/minerals/?product=copper
2.) Finding someone earlier than OTL that would be willing to take on the project of putting copper sheathing on a ship.

1.) Locating a reliable source of copper - From what I recall modern day Poland and Sweden are both producers of copper in modern times. http://www.indexmundi.com/minerals/?product=copper

Sweden has the "Great Copper Mountain" which was an active copper mine from early 10th century up until 1992 ... and the year it produced the most was in/around 1650, where it produced more than 3000 ton of raw copper yearly ... and the only nation in the world that had anywhere near comparable Copper output was Japan ... So i doubt getting the copper would be much of an issue, if any at all.

In regard to the shipbuilding, the Germans ITTL (the Dutch OTL) are a possibility but I recently ran across an interesting prospect while doing some research for my own TL. The Duchy of Courland had a large merchant marine, experience in shipbuilding and, if I recall correctly, experience in metallurgy.

I would have to look back a bit in this TL to confirm but Scandinavia could appeal to Sarmatia for some shipwrights and metalworkers to help with a project like this one.

I frankly quite doubt that Scandinavia is so lacking in proficient shipbuilders that they'd have to ask pseudo-landlocked Sarmatia, who only have two relatively small coastlines on inland seas for help in building ships ... Sure, they'll probably hire some expert Dutch shipbuilders that fled the war and are utterly disinterested in staying around Germanized, but still...

The Dutch fleeing from the German kingdom to another section of Europe is an interesting prospect. Possible Dutch minority living in Scandinavia and possibly Britain comes to mind.

One thing that has caught my attention after re-reading some of this TL is Russia. They captured a good portion of Sarmatian territory in the last war, got pushed back by a united front, and still ended up as a part of the council. By the look of it the Russians want to get more territory. I am curious as to whether they will make another push into Sarmatia or try their hand on Scandinavia.

Despite being a part of the council, am I correct in the assumption that Russia is still more or less being treated as an outsider and other nations are keeping an eye on it?

for what its worth, my matriarchal grandmothers family came to Denmark from Netherlands in the early 17th century as part of a ship-builders crew, having specialized in forging anchors and other large metal work that couldn't be done by any village blacksmith.

From what I recall in a conversation with my great uncle, who was an Irish historian, my family supposedly has ties to Norway due to incursions by the Vikings into Ireland. I will have to ask his sister about looking at his research (unfortunately he passed a few weeks ago). However, I am positive that I am only second generation American and still have family over there.

Zagan

Donor
Thank you both for all the interesting points made during your discussion. I will use whatever appropriate.

The Dutch fleeing from the German kingdom to another section of Europe is an interesting prospect. Possible Dutch minority living in Scandinavia and possibly Britain comes to mind.

Yes. Several tens of thousands of Dutch are now living in Britain. The VOC and WIC are now located in Britain as well and are British companies now.

One thing that has caught my attention after re-reading some of this TL is Russia. They captured a good portion of Sarmatian territory in the last war, got pushed back by a united front, and still ended up as a part of the council. By the look of it the Russians want to get more territory. I am curious as to whether they will make another push into Sarmatia or try their hand on Scandinavia.

Despite being a part of the council, am I correct in the assumption that Russia is still more or less being treated as an outsider and other nations are keeping an eye on it?

Yes. Russia attacked only Sarmatia and not Scandinavia as well because of:
1. Hope that Scandinavia will not interfere (proven wrong);
2. More difficult logistics against Scandinavia;
3. More important land to grab in Sarmatia;
4. Hope to get support from the Ruthenians / Ukrainians and Belarussians (partially correct) .

Yes. Nobody likes Russia. At least not its neighbours. The French are more amenable.

Yes. Russia is somehow of an outsider. It is the less Europeanized / Westernized of all of TTL's Europe.

No. No more wars are going to happen inside Europe for a long time.

Last edited:
Yes. Several tens of thousands of Dutch are now living in Britain. The VOC and WIC are now located in Britain as well and are British companies now.

As mentioned ... a not insignificant minority of those leaving, might well have traveled to (or already been working in) Scandinavia ... Sure Britain would likely take the lions share of those leaving Germany, but I'm sure Scandinavia have a number as well, while France have lured the odd Francophile Flemish to them.

Zagan

Donor
As mentioned ... a not insignificant minority of those leaving, might well have traveled to (or already been working in) Scandinavia ... Sure Britain would likely take the lions share of those leaving Germany, but I'm sure Scandinavia have a number as well, while France have lured the odd Francophile Flemish to them.

Of course. Compared to the Netherlands or Britain, the forests of Scandinavia are like Heaven for ship-builders.

The next chapters will be about Romania (the death of Mihai, etc) and the last chapters from Part One will be about the other countries (Scandinavia included) and their colonies (especially the Hudson Bay shores).

Thank you again for your interest, comments and advice.

Last edited:
I don't see Sub-Saharan Africa be devastated as much this timeline. Sure they'll get colonised, but that's far away till Europeans get their pharmaceutical package up to snuff. Before that significant contact will be established which will be a huge boon to African statelets. Not to mentioned that

We can also assume that colonization won't be as spirited among the European population this time around too. The main causes to their flight from Europe such as famine, poverty and war/disability all around have or will soon be addressed. They'd have no reason to head into what would only be wilderness while enduring significance hardships without great incentives from the governments.

The main causes to their flight from Europe such as famine, poverty and war/disability all around have or will soon be addressed. They'd have no reason to head into what would only be wilderness while enduring significance hardships without great incentives from the governments.

Sure that would certainly have some amount of negative influence in the ability to populate colonies. BUT, the centralized states and peace would likely lead to much higher population growths which mean that they'll fast end up pressing against how much the nations can carry at their present agricultural capacity, which means that people might very well be willing to move to the colonies if amply supported by the state and promised acres of land to farm.

And the nations should easily, without wars and a larger population to tax (and proportionally fewer running the administrative side of things, not directly contributing to the economy) be able to support the colonies with what they need to become profitable.

Zagan

Donor
I don't see Sub-Saharan Africa be devastated as much this timeline. Sure they'll get colonised, but that's far away till Europeans get their pharmaceutical package up to snuff. Before that significant contact will be established which will be a huge boon to African statelets. Not to mentioned that

We can also assume that colonization won't be as spirited among the European population this time around too. The main causes to their flight from Europe such as famine, poverty and war/disability all around have or will soon be addressed. They'd have no reason to head into what would only be wilderness while enduring significance hardships without great incentives from the governments.

Welcome on board!

Sure that would certainly have some amount of negative influence in the ability to populate colonies. BUT, the centralized states and peace would likely lead to much higher population growths which mean that they'll fast end up pressing against how much the nations can carry at their present agricultural capacity, which means that people might very well be willing to move to the colonies if amply supported by the state and promised acres of land to farm.

And the nations should easily, without wars and a larger population to tax (and proportionally fewer running the administrative side of things, not directly contributing to the economy) be able to support the colonies with what they need to become profitable.

Something like this.

@both:
- Probably the same or a little less exploatation of the Natives, slavery, etc (more Europeans in the colonies, etc, maybe?);
- Probably worse economic / resourse exploatation (better organization);
- Surely more massive colonisation (population pressure; expulsions of ethnic / religious minorities), at least in the Americas, Australia, Oceania, Mediterranian Africa, Southern Africa, etc;

In Part One (so far, and in the next few chapters before it is over) there was / will be very little talk about the colonies, mainly because it is certainly too early for widespread colonization.
The Age of Colonialism will be covered in Part Two (~1660 - ??)

Thank you.

Last edited:
Table #8. Administrative Units of the Romanian Imperium

Zagan

Donor
Administrative Units of the Romanian Imperium

- First-level Administrative Units: Provincii (provinces);
- Second-level Administrative Units: Județe (counties);
- Third-level Administrative Units: Municipii (cities), Orașe (towns) or Plășĭ (groups of villages).

The Provinces are already here, both in the previous maps and in several lists. They are here to stay.

Recently, I have almost finished the Județe. Their names may be changed if somehow is wrong or anachronistic. A complete list is almost ready.
A huge and very detailed map is almost ready. I have the map completely drawn by now, except some problematic names of several Județe.

If you want to help for the names to get more realistic, how do you prefer it?
1. Use the list (without a map). This way I will not have to correct the map later and repost it.
2. Wait for me to post the map first. This way it will be easier for you to locate the places.

Thank you.

Well... Here is the list. It is huge. Over 30 Provinces with more than 200 Judete!

I compiled an Excel Table and copied it into a PNG file. If you like to have a look at the Excel file itself, just say so and I will attach it here as well (as a ZIP file of course).

It was very complicated:
1. Look for historical Judete in Wallachia, Moldavia (including Bessarabia), Greater Romania, Transnistria, Hungary, etc.
2. Make up more Judete in the other areas of TTL Romania.
3. Look for their Capitals.
4. Check if the Capitals existed in the 17th Century!
5. Check if the Capitals were important in the 17th Century.
6. Check for archaic names.
7. Transform the names / spelling into Romanian (TTL).
8. See if everything adds up.
9. Draw the Map (the Map is almost ready).
10. Measure their approximate area on the (very high definition) map.
11. Do a liniar interpolation of the known data from pixels into square km.
12. Convert the rest (unknown data) into square km using the same factor.
13. Convert into square miles as well (for the members in USA, Liberia and Burma ;)).
14. Recheck everything.
15. Make a nice Excel Table.
16. Format it.
17. Export it as PNG.
18. Optimize the huge PNG for the web.
19. Post it here.
20. Write all these...

Anyway, I am sure that some errors (probably mainly anachronisms) have still eluded me. If you spot an error in the table, please tell me.
Thank you.

And here is the table.
I have already warned you that it is huge, have I not? :)

Judete.png

Whew. :cool:

Last edited:
Whoa :cool:

The Union with Greece could hold, despite the mutual loathing in parts outside the north, but when will Romania realize that magyar Hungarians and slavic Croats (distinguishable in 17th c from the romanized illyrian/dacian/dalmatians, especially with catholicism in the mix) can't share in the Romanian national idea?

These constant occupations do the nation no good. While peace is coming and you have suggested the Hungarian problem will remain for Romania for many years yet, I hope at least that in the face of a united Italy that a slightly more equitable state for Croatia is realized.

Zagan

Donor
Whoa :cool:

The Union with Greece could hold, despite the mutual loathing in parts outside the north, but when will Romania realize that magyar Hungarians and slavic Croats (distinguishable in 17th c from the romanized illyrian/dacian/dalmatians, especially with catholicism in the mix) can't share in the Romanian national idea?

These constant occupations do the nation no good. While peace is coming and you have suggested the Hungarian problem will remain for Romania for many years yet, I hope at least that in the face of a united Italy that a slightly more equitable state for Croatia is realized.

Romania (Iulia and Cristina) wants to keep Croatia (including Dalmatia -- Spalato and Zara) and Hungary (Transdanubia) into Romania (or at least under occupation) for various reasons and without a very clear long-term plan:
- Control the territory and its human and economic resources;
- Remove the small but annoying danger on the back while fighting in the Middle East for more land;
- Stop the infiltration of ideas and printed materials from Croatia and Hungary, which presented the danger that the Serbs get Croatized and Szekels get Magyarized;
- Possibly attempt to Romanize them (will not be very successful, mainly because of the different religion; Romania will encourage Protestantism!);

More in the following chapters and in Part Two.
Spoiler (although quite obvious): Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia and Greece will get full independence again (sometime). Some of them might get different borders though (imagine something like the case of OTL Ireland).
In the Orient, things will get quite interesting.

Huge map soon...

Last edited:
Data #5. Administrative Units of the Romanian Imperium

Zagan

Donor
Since some people prefer text instead of images, here you have a text version of the table containing the Administrative Units of the Romanian Imperium.

Administrative Units of the Romanian Imperium

.. Code .. Administrative Unit ...... Capital ................. OTL Name / Foreign Name

......I .. Ardeal ................... Alba Iulia .............. Transylvania Proper
......1 .. Alba ..................... Alba Iulia .............. Alba Iulia
......2 .. Turda .................... Turda ................... Turda
......3 .. Cluj ..................... Cluj .................... Cluj-Napoca
......4 .. Dej ...................... Dej ..................... Dej
......5 .. Năsăud ................... Bistrița ................ Bistrița
......6 .. Dorna .................... Vatra Dornei ............ Vatra Dornei
......7 .. Mureș .................... Tîrgu Mureșului ......... Târgu Mureș
......8 .. Ciuc ..................... Miercurea Ciucului ...... Miercurea Ciuc
......9 .. Odorhei .................. Odorhei ................. Odorheiul Secuiesc
.....10 .. Trei Scaune .............. Sfântu Gŭeorgŭe ......... Sfântu Gheorghe
.....11 .. Brașov ................... Brașov .................. Brașov
.....12 .. Făgăraș .................. Făgăraș ................. Făgăraș
.....13 .. Târnava Mare ............. Săgŭișoara .............. Sighișoara
.....14 .. Târnava Mică ............. Blaș .................... Blaj
.....15 .. Sibiu .................... Sibiu ................... Sibiu
.....16 .. Hunedoara ................ Deva .................... Deva

.....II .. Temișana ................. Temișoara ............... Banat
.....17 .. Timiș .................... Temișoara ............... Timișoara
.....18 .. Severin .................. Lugoj ................... Lugoj
.....19 .. Caraș .................... Vîrșeț .................. Vârșeț / Vršac
.....20 .. Torontal ................. Becĭqŭerecu Mare ........ Becicherecu Mare / Zrenjanin

....III .. Crișana .................. Debrețin ................ Southern Partium
.....21 .. Debrețin ................. Debrețin ................ Debrecen
.....22 .. Bihor .................... Oradea Mare ............. Oradea
.....23 .. Apusenĭ .................. Abrud ................... Abrud
.....24 .. Arad ..................... Arad .................... Arad
.....25 .. Cenad .................... Macŏu ................... Macău / Makó
.....26 .. Biqŭiș ................... Biqŭiș .................. Bichiș / Békéscsaba

.....IV .. Someșana ................. Sătmar .................. Northern Partium
.....27 .. Sătmar ................... Sătmar .................. Satu Mare
.....28 .. Someș .................... Baia Sprie .............. Baia Sprie
.....29 .. Sălaj .................... Zalău ................... Zalău
.....30 .. Nŭir ..................... Nŭir .................... Nyírbátor

......V .. Maramureș ................ Hust .................... Maramureș
.....31 .. Hust ..................... Hust .................... Khust
.....32 .. Sigŭet ................... Sigŭet .................. Sighetu Marmației
.....33 .. Ugocea ................... Munceag ................. Muncaci / Mukacheve

.....VI .. Pocuția .................. Colomeea ................ Pokuttya
.....34 .. Pocuția .................. Colomeea ................ Kolomyia

....VII .. Moldova de Sus ........... Iașĭ .................... Upper Moldavia
.....35 .. Iașĭ ..................... Iașĭ .................... Iași
.....36 .. Roman .................... Roman ................... Roman
.....37 .. Bacău .................... Bacău ................... Bacău
.....38 .. Neamț .................... Piatra Neamț ............ Piatra Neamț
.....39 .. Baia ..................... Fŏlticenĭ ............... Fălticeni
.....40 .. Suceava .................. Suceava ................. Suceava
.....41 .. Câmpulung ................ Câmpulung Moldovenesc ... Câmpulung Moldovenesc
.....42 .. Rădăuțĭ .................. Rădăuțĭ ................. Rădăuți
.....43 .. Storojineț ............... Storojineț .............. Storozhynets
.....44 .. Cernăuțĭ ................. Cernăuțĭ ................ Cernăuți / Chernivtsi
.....45 .. Hotin .................... Hotin ................... Khotyn
.....46 .. Soroca ................... Soroca .................. Soroca
.....47 .. Bălțĭ .................... Bălțĭ ................... Bălți
.....48 .. Botoșanĭ ................. Botoșanĭ ................ Botoșani
.....49 .. Dorohoi .................. Dorohoi ................. Dorohoi

...VIII .. Moldova de Jos ........... Galațĭ .................. Lower Moldavia
.....50 .. Covurlui ................. Galațĭ .................. Galați
.....51 .. Tecucĭ ................... Tecucĭ .................. Tecuci
.....52 .. Putna .................... Focșanĭ ................. Focșani
.....53 .. Tutova ................... Bârlad .................. Bârlad
.....54 .. Vaslui ................... Vaslui .................. Vaslui
.....55 .. Fălciu ................... Hușĭ .................... Huși
.....56 .. Lăpușna .................. Qŭișinĕu ................ Chișinău
.....57 .. Orhei .................... Orhei ................... Orhei
.....58 .. Frumoasa ................. Frumoasa ................ Cahul

.....IX .. Basarabia ................ Tigŭina ................. Bessarabia
.....59 .. Tigŭina .................. Tigŭina ................. Tighina / Bender
.....60 .. Cetatea Albă ............. Cetatea Albă ............ Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi
.....61 .. Qŭilia ................... Qŭilia .................. Chilia / Kiliya
.....62 .. Renĭ ..................... Renĭ .................... Reni

......X .. Edisan ................... Vozia ................... Yedisan / Southern Transnistria
.....63 .. Oceacov .................. Vozia ................... Oceacov / Ochakiv
.....64 .. Olbia .................... Olbia ................... ~Odessa
.....65 .. Ovidiu ................... Ovidiu .................. ~Ovidiopol
.....66 .. Tiras .................... Tiras ................... ~Tiraspol
.....67 .. Dubăsarĭ ................. Dubăsarĭ ................ Dubăsari
.....68 .. Rîbnița .................. Rîbnița ................. Râbnița / Rîbnița
.....69 .. Balta .................... Balta ................... Balta
.....70 .. Holta .................... Holta ................... Golta / Pervomaisk
.....71 .. Nani ..................... Nani .................... Ananyiv
.....72 .. Militarĭ ................. Militarĭ ................ (None)

.....XI .. Muntenia ................. Bucurescĭ ............... Greater Wallachia
.....73 .. Ilfov .................... Bucurescĭ ............... București / Bucharest
.....74 .. Vlașca ................... Giurgiu ................. Giurgiu
.....75 .. Teleorman ................ Turnu ................... Turnu Măgurele
.....76 .. Olt ...................... Slatina ................. Slatina
.....77 .. Argeș .................... Piteștĭ ................. Pitești
.....78 .. Muscel ................... Câmpulung Muscel ........ Câmpulung Muscel
.....79 .. Dâmbovița ................ Târgoviștele Domnesc .... Târgoviște
.....80 .. Prahova .................. Ploeștĭ ................. Ploiești
.....81 .. Buzĕu .................... Buzĕu ................... Buzău
.....82 .. Râmnicu Sărat ............ Râmnicu Sărat ........... Râmnicu Sărat
.....83 .. Brŏila ................... Brŏila .................. Brăila
.....84 .. Ialomița ................. Slobozia ................ Slobozia

....XII .. Oltenia .................. Craiova ................. Lesser Wallachia
.....85 .. Dolj ..................... Craiova ................. Craiova
.....86 .. Mehedințĭ ................ Orșova .................. Orșova
.....87 .. Gorj ..................... Târgu Jiu ............... Târgu Jiu
.....88 .. Vâlcea ................... Râmnicu Vâlcea .......... Râmnicu Vâlcea
.....89 .. Romanațĭ ................. Caracal ................. Caracal

...XIII .. Dobrogea ................. Constanța ............... Dobruja
.....90 .. Constanța ................ Constanța ............... Constanța
.....91 .. Tulcea ................... Tulcea .................. Tulcea
.....92 .. Caliacra ................. Balcic .................. Balchik
.....93 .. Varna .................... Varna ................... Varna
.....94 .. Rusciuc .................. Rusciuc ................. Ruse
.....95 .. Durostor ................. Durostor ................ Silistra

....XIV .. Bulgaria ................. Serdica ................. Northern Bulgaria
.....96 .. Serdica .................. Serdica ................. Sofia
.....97 .. Pernica .................. Pernica ................. Pernik
.....98 .. Cutlovița ................ Cutlovița ............... Montana
.....99 .. Vraca .................... Vraca ................... Vratsa
....100 .. Plevna ................... Plevna .................. Pleven
....101 .. Târnava Imperială ........ Târnava Imperială ....... Imperial Târnava / Veliko Tarnovo
....102 .. Târgoviște ............... Târgoviștele Bulgăresc .. Targovishte
....103 .. Șumen .................... Șumen ................... Shumen
....104 .. Slimen ................... Slimen .................. Sliven
....105 .. Gabrovenĭ ................ Gabrovenĭ ............... Gabrovo
....106 .. Lovecĭ ................... Lovecĭ .................. Lovech

.....XV .. Moesia ................... Diu ..................... Central Moesia
....107 .. Diu ...................... Diu ..................... Vidin
....108 .. Aurelia .................. Aurelia ................. (None)
....109 .. Baia de Aramă ............ Baia de Aramă ........... Copper Mine / Bor
....110 .. Podu Lung ................ Podu Lung ............... Požarevac
....111 .. Traian ................... Negoțin ................. Negotin

....XVI .. Tracia Orientală ......... Adrianopole ............. Eastern Thrace
....112 .. Adrianopole .............. Adrianopole ............. Adrianople / Edirne
....113 .. Iambol ................... Iambol .................. Yambol
....114 .. Burgas ................... Burgas .................. Burgas
....115 .. Bisearicĭ ................ Patruḑecĭ de Bisearicĭ .. Saranta Ekklisiès / Kırklareli
....116 .. Egee ..................... Enus .................... Aegean; Ainos / Enez

...XVII .. Tracia Occidentală ....... Filipole ................ Western Thrace
....117 .. Filipole ................. Filipole ................ Philippopolis / Plovdiv
....118 .. Zagra Veqŭe .............. Zagra Veqŭe ............. Stara Zagora
....119 .. Marsa .................... Marsa ................... Haskovo
....120 .. Alexandropole ............ Alexandropole ........... Alexandroupoli
....121 .. Xanti .................... Xanti ................... Xanthi
....122 .. Bazargic ................. Bazargic ................ Pazardzhik
....123 .. Tasos .................... Tasos ................... Thasos
....124 .. Samotrace ................ Samotrace ............... Samothrace / Samothraki

..XVIII .. Macedonia de Sus ......... Bitulŭi ................. Upper Macedonia
....125 .. Bitulŭi .................. Bitulŭi ................. Bituli / Bitola
....126 .. Lihnida .................. Lihnida ................. Lychnidos / Ohrid
....127 .. Scopŭia .................. Scopŭia ................. Scopje
....128 .. Cumanova ................. Cumanova ................ Kumanovo
....129 .. Vranŭa ................... Vranŭa .................. Vranje
....130 .. Pirin .................... Scaptopara .............. Blagoevgrad
....131 .. Strumița ................. Strumița ................ Strumica

....XIX .. Macedonia de Jos ......... Curceaua ................ Lower Macedonia
....132 .. Curceaua ................. Curceaua ................ Korçë
....133 .. Castoria ................. Castoria ................ Kastoria
....134 .. Cojanĭ ................... Cojanĭ .................. Kozani
....135 .. Verŭia ................... Verŭia .................. Veria / Veroia
....136 .. Ser ...................... Ser ..................... Serres

.....XX .. Tessalia (disolved) ...... (None) .................. Ceded to Greece

....XXI .. Epir ..................... Ianina .................. Epirus
....137 .. Ianina ................... Ianina .................. Ioannina
....138 .. Parga .................... Parga ................... Parga
....139 .. Egumenița ................ Egumenița ............... Igoumenitsa
....140 .. Girocastru ............... Girocastru .............. Gjirokastër
....141 .. Corfu .................... Corfu ................... Corfu

...XXII .. Albania .................. Durațo .................. Albania
....142 .. Durațo ................... Durațo .................. Durazzo / Durrës
....143 .. Scodra ................... Scodra .................. Shkodër
....144 .. Plava .................... Plava ................... Plav
....145 .. Alessio .................. Alessio ................. Lezhë
....146 .. Apolonia ................. Fieru ................... Fier
....147 .. Valona ................... Valona .................. Vlorë

..XXIII .. Cosovo ................... Priștina ................ Kosovo
....148 .. Priștina ................. Priștina ................ Pristina
....149 .. Metohia .................. Petrizen ................ Metohija; Prizren

...XXIV .. Muntenegru ............... Cetinŭe ................. Montenegro
....150 .. Cetinŭe .................. Cetinŭe ................. Cetinje
....151 .. Nixicĭ ................... Nixicĭ .................. Nikšić
....152 .. Colașin .................. Colașin ................. Kolašin
....153 .. Cattaro .................. Cattaro ................. Kotor

....XXV .. Servia ................... Singidun ................ Western Serbia
....154 .. Singidun ................. Singidun ................ Belgrade
....155 .. Craguievḑa ............... Craguievḑa .............. Kragujevac
....156 .. Naișu .................... Naișu ................... Niš
....157 .. Rascia ................... Ujițe ................... Raška; Užice
....158 .. Lojița ................... Lojița .................. Loznica

...XXVI .. Iliria ................... Ragusa .................. Illyria
....159 .. Mostar ................... Mostar .................. Mostar
....160 .. Herțegovina .............. Conŭeț .................. Herzegovina; Konjic
....161 .. Trebinŭe ................. Trebinŭe ................ Trebinje
....162 .. Ragusa ................... Ragusa .................. Dubrovnik

..XXVII .. Bosnia ................... Saraievo ................ Northern Bosnia
....163 .. Saraievo ................. Saraievo ................ Sarajevo
....164 .. Zenița ................... Zenița .................. Zenica
....165 .. Bihacĭ ................... Bihacĭ .................. Bihać
....166 .. Banŭa Luca ............... Banŭa Luca .............. Banja Luka
....167 .. Doboiu ................... Doboiu .................. Doboj
....168 .. Soli ..................... Soli .................... Tuzla

.XXVIII .. Slavonia ................. Sirmium ................. Slavonia
....169 .. Sirmia ................... Sirmium ................. Syrmia; Sirmium
....170 .. Slavonia Centrală ........ Esseg ................... Central Slavonia; Osijek

...XXIX .. Tissa .................... Segŭedin ................ Tisza
....171 .. Bacĭca ................... Sâmbăta ................. Bačka; Subotica
....172 .. Segŭedin ................. Segŭedin ................ Szeged
....173 .. Pesta .................... Pesta ................... Pest

....XXX .. Pannonia (disolved)....... (None) .................. Ceded to Hungary

...XXXI .. Teritoriul Capitalei ..... Michaelia Iulia ......... Capital District
....174 .. Michaelia Iulia .......... Michaelia Iulia ......... Drobeta-Turnu Severin + Claudia / Kladovo

..XXXII .. Marmara .................. Galipole ................ Marmara Area
....175 .. Galipole ................. Galipole ................ Gallipoli / Gelibolu
....176 .. Euxin .................... Rodosto ................. Tekirdağ

.XXXIII .. Dalmația * ............... Zara .................... Dalmatia
....177 .. Zara ..................... Zara .................... Zadar
....178 .. Spalato .................. Spalato ................. Split

..XXXIV .. Croația Proprie * ........ Agram ................... Croatia Proper
....179 .. Agram .................... Agram ................... Zagreb
....180 .. Dalmația Septentrională .. Senia ................... Northern Dalmatia; Senj
....181 .. Slavonia Occidentală ..... Verovitița .............. Western Slavonia; Virovitica

...XXXV .. Ungaria * ................ Raab .................... Western Hungary
....182 .. Raab ..................... Raab .................... Győr
....183 .. Buda ..................... Buda .................... Buda
....184 .. Danubia .................. Pentele ................. Dunaújváros
....185 .. Baranŭa .................. Pecĭu ................... Baranya; Pécs
....186 .. Balaton .................. Canija .................. Nagykanizsa

..XXXVI .. Bosforul * ............... Constantinopole ......... Bosphorus
....187 .. Constantinopole .......... Constantinopole ......... Constantinople; Istanbul
....188 .. Scutari .................. Scutari ................. Üsküdar

.XXXVII .. Coloniile ................ (None) .................. The Colonies
....189 .. Liban .................... Tripoli ................. Lebanon; Tripoli
....190 .. Țara Sfântă .............. Iaffa ................... Holy Land; Jaffa
....191 .. Sinai .................... Sfânta Caterina ......... Sinai; Saint Catherine
....192 .. Zona Canalului ........... Gura Canalului .......... Canal Zone; ~Port Said
....193 .. Ierusalim ................ Ierusalim ............... Jerusalem
....194 .. Asia Mică ................ Bursa ................... Asia Minor; Bursa
....195 .. Sinope ................... Sinope .................. Sinop
....196 .. Siria .................... Tartus .................. Syria; Tartus

XXXVIII .. Grecia ** ................ Atena ................... Greece
....197 .. Makedonia ................ Salonica ................ Aegean Macedonia; Thessaloniki
....198 .. Tessalia ................. Larissa ................. Thessaly; Larissa
....199 .. Grecia Centrală .......... Lamia ................... Central Greece; Lamia
....200 .. Attica ................... Atena ................... Athens
....201 .. Peloponez ................ Nauplio ................. Peloponnese; Nafplio
....202 .. Insulele Ionice .......... Cephalonia .............. Ionian Islands; Kefalonia
....203 .. Insulele Egeice .......... Rhodes .................. Aegean Islands; Rhodes
....204 .. Creta .................... Candia .................. Crete; Heraklion
....205 .. Cipru .................... Nicosia ................. Cyprus; Nicosia
....206 .. Ionia .................... Smirna .................. Ionia; Izmir
....207 .. Lycia .................... Attalia ................. Lycia; Antalya
....208 .. Cilicia .................. Tarsus .................. Cilicia (Greek Colony); Tarsus

..XXXIX .. Protectoratele ........... (None) .................. The Protectorates
....209 .. Turcia *** ............... Angora .................. Turkey; Ankara
....210 .. Levant *** ............... Damasc .................. The Levant; Damascus
....211 .. Arabia Petraea *** ....... Maan .................... Arabia Petraea (Levantine Colony); Ma'an
....212 .. Armenia **** ............. Erevan .................. Armenia; Yerevan
....213 .. Cappadocia **** .......... Trebizond ............... Cappadocia (Armenian Colony); Trabzon
....214 .. Georgia **** ............. Tilfis .................. Georgia; Tbilisi
....215 .. Slovacia **** ............ Cassa ................... Slovakia; Košice

Legend:
* Annexed de facto
** Personal Union
*** To be annexed later
**** Benevolent Protectorate

NOTE: The Board Upgrade messed up the [CODE] Box so badly that I had to delete it.

For your convenience, I provided Wikipedia links for the OTL places mentioned in the last column of the table. It took some time... but it's done!

Comments?

Last edited:
Map #41. Romania and its Empire around 1650

Zagan

Donor

Romania and its Empire around 1650

Administrative Map (Provinces, Județe, Colonies, Protectorates)

Warning: This is just a Thumbnail. The actual maps are 16 times larger (several megabytes, 4800x4800 images stored on imgur).

Very High Resolution Map (including the Google Earth overlay), 4800x4800 JPEG file (quality 95)

Very High Resolution Map (without the Google Earth overlay), 4800x4800 PNG (24 bpp / truecolor, optimized)

In order to see if you should download the full maps or not, I am providing a (large) Thumbnail, 1200x1200 PNG (24 bpp, optimized). The full maps are 16 times larger in area (4 times larger in width and height).

HiRes Thumb.png

Note: The names of the Judete are not readable at this small (25%) zoom. To be able to read them, just download the larger maps from imgur (use the links above).

Last edited: