And my axe... I mean my vote!

Three for the British Kings under the overcast sky
Seven for the Soviet Lords in their halls of concrete
Nine for mortal Americans doomed to invade
One for the dark lord on his dark throne in the land of Argentina where shadows lie
One Carrier to rule them all
One Carrier to find them
One Carrier to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them
In the land of Argentina where shadows lie

The results are in and it seems more than a few of you like this story.
I just want to say how immensely appreciative I am of all of you voted for this TL and everyone who has been enjoying this thread.
New update on the way soon.

So I believe I read the the Vulcans have run multiple sorties in this timeline, if so might they get a stay of execution after the war too. After all the USAF has managed to keep the B-52 in service all these years and its design isn't that much younger. But I am far from an aviation expert and might have miss read in the first place.

I can’t see it happening.

To be honest i’ve Always wondered about the B-52. The Fatigue management program must be quite extensive and i’m assuming not inexpensive.

So I believe I read the the Vulcans have run multiple sorties in this timeline, if so might they get a stay of execution after the war too. After all the USAF has managed to keep the B-52 in service all these years and its design isn't that much younger. But I am far from an aviation expert and might have miss read in the first place.
The British defence budget will likely require choices to be made and I suspect that that one choice will be between replacing Eagle or maintaining RAF intercontinental strike capability. Following Eagle's performance in the Falkland's it'll probably be a difficult argument for the RAF to win, especially given the extensive logistics train involved in getting a single Vulcan down there.