You're forgetting, we drink our beer by the pint (and proper, Imperial pints at that). For many of my generation, it's not really a night out unless you've sunk twenty pints (plus the odd chaser), been 'glassed' (at least once) and woken the following morning in a dustbin with a kebab in your top pocket.

And that's just the officers...

I suppose, I've just grown partial to Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA at 18% and Kentucky Breakfast Stout at 12%. KBS is a fine meal replacement. Have a couple of those in the morning and you are good until dinner time.

I suppose, I've just grown partial to Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA at 18% and Kentucky Breakfast Stout at 12%. KBS is a fine meal replacement. Have a couple of those in the morning and you are good until dinner time.

In the early / mid nineties, I lived & worked in Bristol, whence could be found an ale called 'Uncle Igor's Falling Down Water', brewed on the premises of the Bristol Brew House, Stokes Croft. I believe that, at 48%, it was the then Guinness record holder of world's strongest beer - although my memory is a little hazy... Hic!

You're forgetting, we drink our beer by the pint (and proper, Imperial pints at that). For many of my generation, it's not really a night out unless you've sunk twenty pints (plus the odd chaser), been 'glassed' (at least once) and woken the following morning in a dustbin with a kebab in your top pocket.

And that's just the officers...
Pfft.

Woke in a dustbin?

Lightweight.

A real man, "Woke up next to a 20 stone hippocrocapig".

Tactical nuclear penguins are utterly, utterly disgusting. Had to convince a surly brewdog barman that we were sober enough to order one. The only good thing I can say about them is that when my wife text me asking how a stag do I was on was going, I got to message her back saying “THE RELEASE OF TACTICAL NUCLEAR PENGUINS HAS BEEN AUTHORISED”

This thread gone from arguing over the correct loadout of the eagle aircraft to alcohol (took me five times to spell that) it seems we are now moved on to the deep and meaningful part, no doubt more important.

Queztion how will the eagle plane effect the land battle especially the night battles, also does the fleet have chinooks?

This thread gone from arguing over the correct loadout of the eagle aircraft to alcohol (took me five times to spell that) it seems we are now moved on to the deep and meaningful part, no doubt more important.

Queztion how will the eagle plane effect the land battle especially the night battles, also does the fleet have chinooks?
Welcome to how naval timelines ideally go and with Chinooks the vulnerable fleet of ship taken up Freon trade have to spend less time unloading stores so less of a chance of low altitude leakers getting a hit on them

Welcome to how naval timelines ideally go and with Chinooks the vulnerable fleet of ship taken up Freon trade have to spend less time unloading stores so less of a chance of low altitude leakers getting a hit on them
So the chinooks are safe and can be used.

Riain

Banned
So the chinooks are safe and can be used.

IOTL 4 chinook came south on the Atlantic Conveyer, and were 2nd priority for unloading after the Harriers. However only 1 (the famous 'BN') has been flown off by the time the Conveyer ate 2 exocets and the other 3 were lost along with a squadron of transport Wessex.

I don't know what the OP has in store for this sequence of events, but I'd think butterflies would flap pretty hard and its plenty reasonable to expect all 4 chinooks to make it. IOTL BN flew from Sids Strip and it rotor wash lifted the planks, so harriers couldn't use it for a while. It's only recently that ships have been designed to accommodate chinook operation, they're a deck hog in multiple ways, so I doubt a first wave chinook assault would be practical.

with a clear deck could you spot three Chinooks on Eagles deck? One forward, one on the angled deck and the third aft? or would it just be two one forward and one aft.

Question why were tanks not brought to the falklands. Followed up by would they be effective and how would they be used?

Last edited:
I think from memory there were four Scimitars and four Scorpions with the landing force. They had a much lower ground pressure than a Chieftain/Challenger and had a much smaller logistical footprint.