Hearts of Iron IV Thread

op2fsv5hgyzb1.png

China in the "Gates of Versailles". There is the Yuan dynasty leading the empire of China and also the Qing in the north.

Just tried new Germany in KR. Omg I had such a hard time. You really feel like the whole world is coming after you 0_o

I think that the worst mod in that regard is "Der Bruderkrieg". For some reason someone there holds a huge hate towards Germany.

Like, Austria declared war on my Prussia (under Mackensen, the best route), and so when I was about to defeat them in this defensive war the French declared war on me, so I defeated the Austrians and went for the french. The British then declared war on me for no reason and after I defeated the french the Americans also declared war on me and finally the Russians.

It is funny because more than half of the world turned German just because people wanted to kill Germany. Germany is the force of love, sehr gut.

Question:

I found out that when you play as Germany, if you attack Poland in 1936, the Allies won't declare war on you.

So now it's spring, 1939, and I am Germany with:

Poland
Austria
Czechoslovakia

My question is, should I go after France and Great Britain now, or attack the Soviet Union now?

I will have 120 divisions (5 armies) by July.

Last edited:
Question:

I found out that when you play as Germany, if you attack Poland in 1936, the Allies won't declare war on you.

So now it's spring, 1939, and I am Germany with:

Poland
Austria
Czechoslovakia

My question is, should I go after France and Great Britain now, or attack the Soviet Union now?

I will have 120 divisions (5 armies) by July.

Oh my mighty friend nostalgic for the Guilded age, it is up for the kind of combat you like the most, so if you prefer sealion go for France and the UK or then go for Soviet union if you prefer Barbarossa.

However, a thing to consider is that 'murica will join the allies in around 1941, so it might be better to defeat the allies now than to face them with US support later.

A mod I miss a lot is "Apres moi le deluge", here a gameplay of it I had back in 2019

unknown.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen_Shot_2019-12-02_at_11.38.31_PM.png

Also, guys, do you remember what mod was this one? This comes from a gameplay @HIM Dogson had back in 2019, I loved this mod, you had albert speer as the natpop leader of Germany and it started not unified

Last edited:
Can't say I'm excited either, because SA content often ends up being "And then the magical stuff happens that draws [Country] and [country2] into a war, that forced the World War into a 5th front!"

Instead of any of the actual things that happen, it just becomes a Nazis-Commies-Demmies proxy area. Or in worse cases it becomes a "things happen because drama needs things to happen"

Can't say I'm excited either, because SA content often ends up being "And then the magical stuff happens that draws [Country] and [country2] into a war, that forced the World War into a 5th front!"

Instead of any of the actual things that happen, it just becomes a Nazis-Commies-Demmies proxy area. Or in worse cases it becomes a "things happen because drama needs things to happen"
Also the thing you wrote in the first paragraph can result in stuff like Germany losing the war since 4 million german soldiers drowned trying to supply a pro axis Argentina

Also the thing you wrote in the first paragraph can result in stuff like Germany losing the war since 4 million german soldiers drowned trying to supply a pro axis Argentina
And the equally random "Soviet Union collapses because it put half it's army in Communist Ecuador to fight off Peru" or "Germany conquers the US by marching up the Americas as Pro-Axis Bolivia completes it's war focuses"

I can fucking wait to see how Paradox butches my nation (Uruguay) as Gukpa said. My prediction: they are going to make the fascist path the Nazi coup and they are going to keep Terra as a dem
Also, they are going to believe that anarcho-batllism was an ideology and they are going to have a path of that because why not, what do you mean that Uruguay had social democracy since the 900s and thus marxism and populism were cripped until the second half of the 20th century?

I can fucking wait to see how Paradox butches my nation (Uruguay) as Gukpa said. My prediction: they are going to make the fascist path the Nazi coup and they are going to keep Terra as a dem
Also, they are going to believe that anarcho-batllism was an ideology and they are going to have a path of that because why not, what do you mean that Uruguay had social democracy since the 900s and thus marxism and populism were cripped until the second half of the 20th century?

Progress report

VARGAS START AS A DEMOCRAT! THANK GOD THEY GOT THIS RIGHT!

Then it goes downhill

-The Polaca constitution comes from "wh-re", it was a word like "b-tch", it has nothing to do with Poland
-The dops existed since 1924
-Good luck building Brasilia with 1930s tech

The game also implies that Vargas can be integralist, even though it was not been confirmed yet. Since this is PDX I already left my downvote since probably they will go in that route, time to spread that to the brazilian community

Last edited:
Progress report

VARGAS START AS A DEMOCRAT! THANK GOD THEY GOT THIS RIGHT!

Then it goes downhill

-The Polaca constitution comes from "wh-re", it was a word like "b-tch", it has nothing to do with Poland
-The dops existed since 1924
-Good luck building Brasilia with 1930s tech

The game also implies that Vargas can be integralist, even though it was not been confirmed yet. Since this is PDX I already left my downvote since probably they will go in that route, time to spread that to my the brazilian community
Argentina appears to be bad too. Like:
1706200772455.png

"La Manifiesto Concordancia"

>Creates South American DLC
>Can't even write Spanish correctly

Great showcase of the level of care that went into this Paradox

And don't forget the classic:
1706200848079.png

Kaiserreich and its consequences have been a disaster for South America. When people find out that Manuel Carles wasn't Hitler but a British simp whose biggest act was to cry to Yrigoyen "please don't murder Lencinas" (leftist UCRA guy) only for Yrigoyen to murder him and nothing happening I don't know what they will do

And of course they will ignore how Argentina literally had a fascit coup attempt in 1936 lel, led by Pertine and the UCR Gorro Frigio

Argentina appears to be bad too. Like:
1706200772455.png

"La Manifiesto Concordancia"

>Creates South American DLC
>Can't even write Spanish correctly

Great showcase of the level of care that went into this Paradox

And don't forget the classic:
1706200848079.png

Kaiserreich and its consequences have been a disaster for South America. When people find out that Manuel Carles wasn't Hitler but a British simp whose biggest act was to cry to Yrigoyen "please don't murder Lencinas" (leftist UCRA guy) only for Yrigoyen to murder him and nothing happening I don't know what they will do

And of course they will ignore how Argentina literally had a fascit coup attempt in 1936 lel, led by Pertine and the UCR Gorro Frigio

Dude, the Liga Patriótica thing completely crushed Desca
image.png

I love how this is the efforts of the new team "dedicated to content development".

And this team merely coincidentally picked the focus of this dlc to be all the countries that received the most Nazi War Criminals. Coincidentally.

Man, how happy I am for not being Argentinian now
@SilverImperator take a look

Yes, Soto, Hoi4 vanilla is prostituting itself to kaiserreich

Edit
The "National Guard" argentinian path was based in a fictional militia that only exists in the english wikipedia page of Argentinian dictator Pedro Pablo Ramirez, Paradox stole that concept from there
image.png

Last edited: