Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Blue Crabs

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Penn State hires coach
April 15, 1991: Penn State has a press conference announcing Michigan Defensive Coordinator Lloyd Carr as their new Head Coach. Carr says he is excited to turn a new leaf and change the image of the disgraced program. On the same day, Michigan announces Ron Zook as their new Defensive Coordinator

April 16, 1991: Joe Paterno officially begins his time as head coach of the Ottawa Rough Riders. One of his first statements: “Why the hell are there two teams called the Roughriders? Maybe those other guys need a new name.”

April 19, 1991: A response from the Saskatchewan Roughriders to Paterno: “We’ll play you for it.”

April 21, 1991: The Ottawa and Saskatchewan CFL teams agree that the outcome of their head-to-head matchups in 1991 will determine which team has to change its name for the following season. If each team wins one game, it will come down to regular season record and then playoff finish.

Big Draft Pick
April 21, 1991: In the First Round of the 1991 NFL Draft the Lions select Brett Favre of USM. Barry Sanders says of the pick "I'm excited. If he works hard and can do what he did in college, we could be a dynasty for years to come. Welcome to the team Brett."

April 21, 1991: In the First Round of the 1991 NFL Draft the Lions select Brett Favre of USM. Barry Sanders says of the pick "I'm excited. If he works hard and can do what he did in college, we could be a dynasty for years to come. Welcome to the team Brett."

Barry Sanders with an explosive quarterback is a recipe for awesome.

So this is a Brett-screw?

April 22, 1991: San Diego Padres pitcher Andy Benes throws a perfect game against the Houston Astros as the Pads win 4-0 on the backs of a Tony Gwynn grand slam in the 7th. This sends the Padres record to the best in the NL early on.

April 23, 1991: A leaked article in the Star-Ledger reads that the NHL’s New Jersey Devils have been put up for sale by owner John McMullen.

Woah. That is gonna be interesting.

April 22, 1991: San Diego Padres pitcher Andy Benes throws a perfect game against the Houston Astros as the Pads win 4-0 on the backs of a Tony Gwynn grand slam in the 7th. This sends the Padres record to the best in the NL early on.
Bro I found his baseball card last night out of nowhere

Other 91 NFL picks

Phoenix Cardinals at 56 got Aeneas Williams
Denver at 89 got Ed McCaffrey
Miami in the 5th got Raghib "Rocket" Ismail who shockingly went to the CFL. He was the projected number 1 so if he ever wants to play in the NFL he's a Dolphin.

Miami in the 5th got Raghib "Rocket" Ismail who shockingly went to the CFL. He was the projected number 1 so if he ever wants to play in the NFL he's a Dolphin.

Maybe he ends up playing for Paterno in Ottawa.

April 24, 1991: The NCAA determines that Penn State is guilty of “lack of institutional control” in multiple sports - football first and foremost. At minimum, Penn State stands to lose scholarships and will be banned from the postseason; at worst, expulsion from the NCAA is on the table.

Moore over Favre, a hard switch but one worth it
Other 91 NFL picks

Phoenix Cardinals at 56 got Aeneas Williams
Denver at 89 got Ed McCaffrey
If he can live up that contract