Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Blue Crabs

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cleveland ends a streak
April 26, 1991: After 16 straight losses to open the season, the Cleveland Indians defeat the Denver Zephyrs to win their first game of the year 1-0. The two teams combine for only 5 hits, and 6 total baserunners.

Discontent in Oakland
April 27, 1991: Jose Canseco voices his displeasure with the media over new teammate Bobby Bonilla, and his relationship with the media personnel. He says "We're a team. Bonilla isn't the only god damn player in the clubhouse." He is caught saying under his breath "I'm the superstar here, not him." Bonilla jokes saying "what can I say, I used to be a Pirate, and Pirates are known for stealing things. Guess I stole attention."

SportsCenter Breaking: Derek Jeter is being heavily predicted as number 1 pick in 1992 draft. Expos likely to recieve number 1 pick.
(Operation: Save the Expos has launched)

Last edited:
April 28, 1991: Jose Canseco is seen clashing with manager Tony La Russa in the clubhouse following a 15-4 win over the Brewers. The argument is over Canseco's comments on teammate Bobby Bonilla. Canseco would demand a trade. The Blue Jays, Brewers, Dodgers, Phillies and Mets are favorites to get him.

April 28, 1991: Cal Ripken Jr hits for the cycle in a 8-6 Orioles loss to the Texas Rangers at Arlington Stadium. That same day, the cities of Seattle, Houston and Dallas both start name the team contests for a possible NHL expansion franchise that will begin play in the fall of 1993.

May 1, 1991: In a blockbuster deal, San Francisco 49ers backup QB Steve Young is traded to the New England Patriots in exchange for some draft picks and other compensations. This comes after long time Pats starter Steve Grogan announces his retirement and New England was need of a QB. Also, the NFL formally announces that the Memphis Hound Dogs (formerly the Los Angeles Rams) will begin play in 1991 as an expansion team while the Rams logo, uniforms, colors and history will stay in California. This comes after the franchise was sold controversially to Elvis Enterprises last year.

May 9, 1991 - A private equity consortium has acquired the Montreal Expos from Charles Bronfman for 100 million dollars.
(The Expos later on will still sign Vlad creating a hitting core of Jeter, Walker and Guerrero.)

May 14, 1991 - A massive fraud ring is discovered. Financial irregularities have been found at multiple companies including Marvel Comics and Enron. This will likely force the companies into bankruptcy.
May 15, 1991 - Enron declare bankruptcy
June 23, 1991 - Marvel Comics declare bankruptcy, to sell assets

May 15, 1991: COMSAT enters discussions to buy the New Jersey Devils.

May 16, 1991: Anticipating an imminent ruling on Penn State’s fate, Sports Illustrated runs a cover article: “Why the NCAA Must Expel Penn State”

May 17, 1991: The NBA makes overtures to Mexico City for a possible expansion team.

google it, is on the wikipedia even

I don’t see why it precludes them from buying the Devils. OTL they bought the Nordiques while they still owned the Nuggets. Am I missing something? The NFL has rules about that but I don’t know if any rule by the NBA or NHL in this regard.

I don’t see why it precludes them from buying the Devils. OTL they bought the Nordiques while they still owned the Nuggets. Am I missing something? The NFL has rules about that but I don’t know if any rule by the NBA or NHL in this regard.
Plus wouldn't they maybe hold out for the expansion team potentially coming

Plus wouldn't they maybe hold out for the expansion team potentially coming

If Denver’s still in the running, sure. It looked to me like it was between Seattle, Dallas and Houston.

Also, there’s always the possibility of another buyer - I heard they almost moved to Nashville OTL so anything’s possible.

NHL Conference Finals Results:

Wales Conference Finals
Hartford 3-2 Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh 6-4 Hartford
Pittsburgh 4-1 Hartford
Hartford 2-1 Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh 5-3 Hartford
Hartford 7-3 Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh 4-3 Hartford (OT)

Pittsburgh wins 4-3

Campbell Conference Finals
Los Angeles 5-3 Chicago