Great Big Worlda Collaborative Project

What should the premise be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First draft. We have a bit of a border dispute in Asia. May have to do a bit of recoloring and restyling to get it to fit better since everyone's style is slightly different.
upload_2019-11-22_21-30-37.png

Here's the paint.net file if you guys want to use it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15yLZntP3nE14NQOdZElDTGSFEJ0M3T9b/view?usp=sharing

I can still do some stuff to fix the map more, specially in Russia and Siberia... Though as I feel it's a very early WIP by @Cantra , I think it would be better if we waited for them to finish their part before trying to intervene it.

Regardless of that, I can add the Artic and Antartic maps too. If you wish to keep the other maps, which I suppose will be of population, language and etc. around, then I can create them as separate files.

Something personal, and this is only from my humble point of view... I feel we still have too few countries per region, except in Oceania. Also, I feel like putting the other smaller maps orbiting the larger, central one is quite a bad aesthetic choice but I'll defer to the majority in this.

Great Equal Earth Colonization Map Full I.png

Starforce

Banned
@Fox-Fire

No need to wait for me, that is a perfectly fine map for me. It's better than what I could do in all honesty. Bravo. I think the amount of countries is fine, we don't need smaller ones in my eyes.

Last edited:
Regardless of that, I can add the Artic and Antartic maps too. If you wish to keep the other maps, which I suppose will be of population, language and etc. around, then I can create them as separate files.

Something personal, and this is only from my humble point of view... I feel we still have too few countries per region, except in Oceania. Also, I feel like putting the other smaller maps orbiting the larger, central one is quite a bad aesthetic choice but I'll defer to the majority in this.

I think you can go ahead and add what you want to. I wasn't sure of the orbiting micro-worlda's wither but I thought they be an interesting aesthetic. We can always shuffle around the layout.

I was thinking that maybe we should make some sort of description of the Great Powers of this setting to give us an idea of the ones who will ahve the first and/or largest settlements in the colonies in space. Plus, maybe, when the time comes, the Great Powers of said colonies thinking on the nations that are independent on the other habitable bodies.

First of all, let me apologize in advance for my likely butchering of the native languages of the lands I’m going to describe. I’m Chilean and here it isn’t compulsory, nor even usual, to learn the languages of the aboriginal peoples we were descended from. So, I apologize in advance if I’m disrespecting any traditions, both in language and in culture, of the peoples I’ll be describing.

What few words I know from these languages are often based in their Spanish transliterations, not their English ones. An example of this is Tawantinsuyu (English) against Tahuantinsuyo (Spanish).

Nation Name (Endonym): Hinantin Anti (lit. All/the entirety of the Andes)
Nation Name (Exonym):
Pan-Andinia in the romance world.
Commonly known as: Pan-Andinia, the New Tahuantinsuyo.
Government:
Federal semi-direct democracy with a ceremonial monarchy.
Capital:
Qusqu (endonym)/Cuzco (exonym)
Population:
Religions:
Inti (official state cult), Ancient Pachamama cult, Reformed Pachamama cult, Mapuche religion.
Languages:
Quechua, Mapudungún, around a hundred recognized regional languages.
Head(s) of State:
Sapa Inca (lit. The Only Inca) Pachalluq’ay (lit. He who climbs the Earth/the Time and Space)
Head(s) of Government:
Pusaq Llaqta-runantin (lit. Guide of the group of the common peoples)
History:
ABC...

Anyway, apart from that, here is my contribution in it's current stage:

Great Equal Earth Colonization Map Full I.png

Other than that, I was thinking on what could be the symbol for Space Elevators in our setting, since I'm sure the tech is on that level already. Apart from that an orbital ring (or several) seems almost assured since space travel must be at least as common as travelling in a plane or a train IOTL.

Another important thing is artificial habitats and space stations and how to represent them. I see an example of that on the maps in the first page but I don't like it all that much.

upload_2019-11-23_16-12-17.png

Did I make too much of Mars "native" (red)? (This is a very rough draft - it's definitely not going to be all one empire like this)

Did I make too much of Mars "native" (red)? (This is a very rough draft - it's definitely not going to be all one empire like this)

Frankly, I love it. However, wouldn't it have an equatorial band of vegetation or at least an unfrozen part?

Just a bit of clarification on earth, there really isn't a classification for great power. Countries exist, but the real political power lies in the hands of the multinational organizations mentioned before (closer to federations than alliances). Earth is largely peaceful and united, so the footholds earth does have in space are predominantly administered by the world congress (or whatever the united earth government). Now with the new colonial age tensions are beginning to show, but Earth remains for the large part united. At least that was my intent when I wrote the premise, but people think it's better to go the traditional great power route, I'm down. I just wanted to shift the focus more to the outer settlements.

Establishing details is definitely a must though. Do you guys think having a discord would be a more effective way to accomplish this? Better for organization and communication?

I'll finish up my India map tonight and we'll see how to proceed...

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
upload_2019-11-24_9-43-44.png

Made some changes with East Asia, added a Southern China Alliance to even out power with the weakened Han states (split into two states also with the Yangtze) but I'm debating whether to do the same with Mongolia, Manchuria, and ATL Jin.

Starforce

Banned
@Cantra I took some... liberties with the Caucasus/Finland, and because it's your area I feel like I'm gonna need your consent.

Still a fairly rough draft, mind you.

Finland and the Caucus in my eyes were fully part of that Muscovy-like state. Though, would you be willing to trade Scandinavia for those areas? That would be interesting.

Finland and the Caucus in my eyes were fully part of that Muscovy-like state. Though, would you be willing to trade Scandinavia for those areas? That would be interesting.
I'd like to shy away from things like an imperial muscovy or russia. Having separate states for all the different ethnic groups is part of the theme and I think having an independent caucuses and Finland is very fitting. We may even want to balkanize it a bit further, splitting off Ukraine, Byelorussia and Novogrod.

They would all be part of the multinational Eastern Europe / Russian Multinational organization though.

Starforce

Banned
I'd like to shy away from things like an imperial muscovy or russia. Having separate states for all the different ethnic groups is part of the theme and I think having an independent caucuses and Finland is very fitting. We may even want to balkanize it a bit further, splitting off Ukraine, Byelorussia and Novogrod.

They would all be part of the multinational Eastern Europe / Russian Multinational organization though.

I am fine with an independent Finland and Caucus, but I don't think I'd like to balkanize further.