Graphic Thread

ah_title_card__ebc_news__1988_93__plain_version__by_ramones1986_dew5i4c-fullview.jpg

EBC News title card, 1988-93 (plain version)

PS: Thanks to @MatthewFirth for his rendition of the transmitter logo.
What does E stand for?

How OTL's website of the federal government could look like if the Weimar Republic survived.
1644131630660.png

(I made up a more German like word for app. It's from the same word as OTL app, but made it sound Bavarian.)

MacArthur Goering 1959.png

U.S. President Douglas MacArthur and German Reichspresident Hermann Goering photographed together at the Geneva Peace Summit (June 1959), the first time a German and American head of state met since the Great War. The summit marked the thawing of German-American relations and Germany's gradual turn away from Hitlerist foreign policy.

Last edited:
View attachment 718414
U.S. President Douglas MacArthur and German Reichspresident Hermann Goering photographed together at the Geneva Peace Summit (June 1959), the first time a German and American head of state met since the Great War. The summit marked the thawing of German-American relations and Germany's gradual turn away from Hitlerist foreign policy.
It looks amazing, great work!!!!

I don't know where to post these but here are some more logo's from a TL where the American Soccer League survived and thrived.

First up a re-imagined league logo. It retains the core elements of the original ASL logo but feels a lot more contemporary then even my first redesign of it.

View attachment 600082

I posted something similar like this for a team from LA, but the original logo was made for a team to represent San Diego. The top of the crest is based on the shape of the San Diego de Alcalá church, and the color scheme is a clear nod to the San Diego Padres.

View attachment 600085

Last up is a rework of the Saint Louis Raiders, Which was a team that did exist and still does today. It was created for the NASFL, which was the Midwestern division of the ASL in this timeline. I found that I was using the roundel shape a bit to much, so decided to reintegrate the elements from the original logo into a new shape and make it a bit more stylized without going too cartoony.

View attachment 600087
You're an amazing illustrator and designer, i hope you work with it bcs u should, all your work is clean an amazing, and i've worked with a very significant number of digital artists throught the years haha

This is the second installment of my little side project: "What if post-antiquity Egypt's ruler continued the tradition of making stelae?"

"I am Galerius Valerius Maximinus, successor to the divine Galerius. As Caesar, I administered Egypt and led her legions to victory against Persia. Upon returning to Alexandria on the seventh day of Thot, which corresponds to the sixth day of Hyperberataios in the Year 622, Alexandria’s citizenry saluted me with adultation. I was led to the Caesareum where the army and priests hailed me as pharaoh, the son of Jupiter-Ammon, the living image of Serapis and beloved of Isis. I am tasked to save Egypt from the sway of false prophets and restore true religion and peace. Rome will again rule the world, revived by Egyptian vigor."

Attachments

• Maximinus-Daza.jpg
    Maximinus-Daza.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
This is the second installment of my little side project: "What if post-antiquity Egypt's ruler continued the tradition of making stelae?"

"I am Galerius Valerius Maximinus, successor to the divine Galerius. As Caesar, I administered Egypt and led her legions to victory against Persia. Upon returning to Alexandria on the seventh day of Thot, which corresponds to the sixth day of Hyperberataios in the Year 622, Alexandria’s citizenry saluted me with adultation. I was led to the Caesareum where the army and priests hailed me as pharaoh, the son of Jupiter-Ammon, the living image of Serapis and beloved of Isis. I am tasked to save Egypt from the sway of false prophets and restore true religion and peace. Rome will again rule the world, revived by Egyptian vigor."
View attachment 721411
Is the 622 mentioned in AD? If so, why is that used while making references to Roman and Egyptian religion? Also the Greek and Latin parts should read “ΧΚΒ” and “DCXXII” respectively.

Is the 622 mentioned in AD? If so, why is that used while making references to Roman and Egyptian religion? Also the Greek and Latin parts should read “ΧΚΒ” and “DCXXII” respectively.
The Year of Alexander. It was using a Hellenistic dating system that was actively used in the East. The idea was that Galerius was trying to actively reach out to the traditionalist Egyptians so he could go on campaign to seize control of the whole Empire. And thanks! I didn't know! I will change it!

Last edited: