Good Abandoned TL's

Decisive Darkness: What if Japan hadn't surrendered in 1945? - https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...at-if-japan-hadnt-surrendered-in-1945.296250/

BUT, unlike formers that didn't finish due unknow reasons, this one had a end (https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...endered-in-1945.296250/page-206#post-13218272), but the end was around 1947 in Japan while from 1948 onwards is unknow, since theres an 2016 map after that (https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...endered-in-1945.296250/page-218#post-13498305)

The sheer amount of carnage in that story is what caused me to stop after Japan managed to capture a nuclear warhead. After that, it just got worse that I had to stop reading.

The Manhattan project or: how I stopped worrying and loved the ICBM by Amerigo Vespucci. Mass produced non-nuclear ICBMs replace the A-bomb.

"The Unwanted Clairvoyant" by Jeandebueil, a WW1 timeline about a more modern and foward-thinking France fighting better against the Germans, and saving Belgium. It was getting really good when it died, too, with a big naval battle in the Adriatic, and an Entente invasion of Dalmatia.

Does my TL really deserve to be mentioned in this thread? Because I wasn't aware that it was abandoned, considering I updated it yesterday :p Thanks for the shout-out though!

While I do like the idea of a huge list of TLs being made, I'm not sure how practical it would really be - post-1900 alone has over 80k threads that would need to be sorted through, and even if someone did go to all that effort, just 1% of the threads being TLs would still give a list with close to a thousand entries (and I suspect the number to be closer to 5 or 10%)... that's more than a lot of people would be willing to sort through (not to mention it would need to be edited every time someone posts, which could be every hour or so - not really practical IMO). The Finished Timelines forum comes close, but a lot of authors don't even bother posting there.

- BNC

Two of my many favorites are:

"Cato Calvary" by Cymraeg. I did purchase the ebook series.

"What if the Red Army Captures Warsaw in 1920" by LOTLOF. There has been later timelines based on what LOTLOF did but he set the standard.

Last edited:
Looks around for Mods ... Okay then, I would have liked to see If they will not meet us on the open sea and Burnished rows of steel continued.
Yes I know that's never going to happen as both members managed to get banned, in at least one case this being a massive over-reaction. However if nothing else the contrast between the two provided an interesting discussion.
I was going to mention If they will not meet us on the open sea, that was really a good one.
Exceptionally well researched and detailed, this was the first TL that really caught my attention. Without ASB battle outcomes, you could believe you were reading the actual history of the American Civil war. I would recommend it to anyone interested in mid 19th century naval warfare!

Does my TL really deserve to be mentioned in this thread? Because I wasn't aware that it was abandoned, considering I updated it yesterday :p Thanks for the shout-out though!

While I do like the idea of a huge list of TLs being made, I'm not sure how practical it would really be - post-1900 alone has over 80k threads that would need to be sorted through, and even if someone did go to all that effort, just 1% of the threads being TLs would still give a list with close to a thousand entries (and I suspect the number to be closer to 5 or 10%)... that's more than a lot of people would be willing to sort through (not to mention it would need to be edited every time someone posts, which could be every hour or so - not really practical IMO). The Finished Timelines forum comes close, but a lot of authors don't even bother posting there.

- BNC

80k thread is nothing in context of mass action, but it doesn't have to be complete to be useful the top 20% of threads will be 80% of interest.

You wouldn't need to include the updated part, but if an author updated the page every time he posted it would hardly had that much to his burden.

The time saved and the ability to introduce more people to your thread or timeline should be worth it I'd think. So many time lines forgotten that people would enjoy reading because they can't search for genres.

"The Unwanted Clairvoyant" by Jeandebueil, a WW1 timeline about a more modern and foward-thinking France fighting better against the Germans, and saving Belgium. It was getting really good when it died, too, with a big naval battle in the Adriatic, and an Entente invasion of Dalmatia.
Not dead, just put into a nice little coma until I finish some little stories of mine.
Then I'll get back to it. Eventually. Like with Calbear's works, it will come back to life. I've already made this promise to some members privately. I just can't tell exactly when but IT WILL.

"What if the Red Army Captures Warsaw in 1920" by LOTLOF. There has been later timelines based on what LOTLOF did but he set the standard.

Seriously, there is another abandoned 1920 Fall of Warsaw tl? I swear that POD is cursed...

Anyway I still haven't given up hope that @historyfool might one day return to his fall of Warsaw tl.​